|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first job Henry receives?
(a) A waiter.
(b) An errand boy.
(c) A cab driver.
(d) A dog walker.
2. How does Henry meet his new girlfriend?
(a) At the cabstand.
(b) At a bar.
(c) While out to dinner with Peter Vario.
(d) At work.
3. Why does Tommy later kill a man named Spider?
(a) Because he refused to dance for his entertainment.
(b) Because he was told to.
(c) Because he threatened his wife.
(d) Because he didn't like him.
4. What are the names of Henry's children?
(a) Ruth and Jennie.
(b) Laura and Kate.
(c) Judy and Rachel.
(d) Judy and Ruth.
5. Why does Paulie order an entire restaurant staff killed?
(a) Because they are his competition.
(b) Because the maitre'd was rude to him and a waiter spilled wine on his wife.
(c) Because they refuse to give him free food.
(d) Because he feels like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Henry enter the witness protection program?
2. What is Henry's motto in Chapter 9?
3. How much does Henry pay for his new maid?
4. What does Henry's father do for a living?
5. What happens to the man who tries to attach one of the neighborhood girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss some of the schemes that Henry took part in during Chapter 2 before taking part in the gambling ring.
2. Why does Karen like Henry so much?
3. Describe the mentality of the "sidewalk soldiers" and why they never feared being caught for their crimes.
4. Describe why the wiseguys throw Henry a party in Chapter 2.
5. What does Henry ask Karen to do after he beats up her neighbor, and how does she react to this?
6. While Paulie is suspicious of many men that work for him he seems to trust Henry easily. What are his motivations for this quick acceptance?
7. What are some of the ways Paul Vario distances himself from the criminal acts that he and his group commit?
8. Why does Paulie worry about Henry and Peter dating Linda and Veralynn, and why does he eventually allow them to date?
9. How does Linda view Henry's marriage to Karen?
10. Why does Henry see Paulie as "invulnerable"?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)