|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does the guy who attacks Karen drive?
2. How does Henry meet his new girlfriend?
(a) At the cabstand.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At work.
(d) While out to dinner with Peter Vario.
3. Where is the jail located that Henry is sent to in Chapter 11?
(a) Riker's Island.
4. How does Jimmy Burke initially make his money?
(a) Selling junk Christmas trees.
(b) Stealing from restaurants.
(c) Hijacking trucks.
(d) Making counterfeit bills.
5. Who does Henry enter the witness protection program with?
(a) His wife and daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His wife and two daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Henry's father immigrate from?
2. What are the names of the two mobsters who want to kill Henry?
3. Who is described as "suspicious of their own noses"?
4. Who is "bored with the egomaniacal ravings of illiterate hoods masquerading as benevolent Godfathers"?
5. Who is described as people who "seemed to dawdle about in their adolescence much longer than necessary"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry choose the cabstand when looking for a part-time job?
2. Discuss some of the schemes that Henry took part in during Chapter 2 before taking part in the gambling ring.
3. What problems do the mobsters run into while trying to get keys to the strong room, and how do they eventually overcome it?
4. To what lengths does the author have to go in order to meet with Henry Hill, Jr.?
5. Why does Jimmy buy cigarettes outside of New York?
6. How does Henry get away with using stolen credit cards so often?
7. Why do Henry and his friends go to Las Vegas just after the Air Cargo Center robbery?
8. Why does Karen like Henry so much?
9. Why does Henry decide to enlist in the military?
10. How does the book describe how the mafia rose in the Brownsville-East New York area?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)