|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment do Henry and his partner get from Paulie after they mess up at the restaurant?
(b) Has their car burned.
(c) Gets fired.
(d) Makes them wash dishes.
2. Who is described as people who "seemed to dawdle about in their adolescence much longer than necessary"?
(a) Men at the cabstand.
(c) American children.
3. What does Henry do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Gets a job.
(b) Enlists in the Army.
(c) Goes back to prison.
(d) Quits school.
4. Who is assigned as Henry's partner in Chapter 4?
(a) Paul Vario.
(b) Jimmy Burke.
(c) Lenny Vario.
(d) Tommy Brown.
5. At what age does Jimmy first run away from foster care?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the book say Henry brings home as a bricklayer?
2. How old is Karen when she meets Henry?
3. What does Jimmy find in his trunk on his wedding day?
4. What weapon(s) are used in the restaurant massacre?
5. Where is the jail located that Henry is sent to in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wiseguys get away with stealing cargo from the Queens airport?
2. What are some of the ways Karen notices that Henry's profession as a bricklayer might not be as it seems?
3. How does Linda view Henry's marriage to Karen?
4. What does Henry ask Karen to do after he beats up her neighbor, and how does she react to this?
5. Why do Henry and his friends go to Las Vegas just after the Air Cargo Center robbery?
6. Describe the mentality of the "sidewalk soldiers" and why they never feared being caught for their crimes.
7. Why does Paulie worry about Henry and Peter dating Linda and Veralynn, and why does he eventually allow them to date?
8. Discuss what jobs Henry is given involving the gambling ring.
9. Why do Henry's parents disapprove of their son's new job at the cabstand?
10. Describe what Tommy and Jimmy do with Billy Batts' after Tommy shoots him in The Suite.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)