|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as people who "seemed to dawdle about in their adolescence much longer than necessary"?
(c) American children.
(d) Men at the cabstand.
2. What is the name of the crime family that Paul and his men primarily work for?
3. What time does Henry come home when Karen and her parents wait up on him?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 2:30 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
4. Who does Henry blame for the death of the mob's victims?
(a) No one.
(b) The victims themselves.
(c) Each other.
(d) Other mobsters.
5. What do Henry and his partner do at the restaurant that causes them to get in trouble with Paulie?
(a) Threatened to put the restaurant chef in the oven.
(b) Gave their friends free food.
(c) Held an illegal gambling ring after hours.
(d) Stole food and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who attacks Karen in Chapter 5?
2. How old is Henry when he is first arrested?
3. How many furs does Karen own?
4. What type of credit cards does Henry steal after he quits working at Azores?
5. How does Henry meet his new girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry get away with using stolen credit cards so often?
2. What does Henry ask Karen to do after he beats up her neighbor, and how does she react to this?
3. Describe some of the illegal schemes that Henry takes part in while serving in the Army.
4. Why is the author, Nicholas Pileggi, hesitant to meet with Henry Hill, Jr. and write the book?
5. Why does Henry want to become partners with Lenny and what are some of the perks that come along with it?
6. What problems do the mobsters run into while trying to get keys to the strong room, and how do they eventually overcome it?
7. Why does Karen like Henry so much?
8. While Paulie is suspicious of many men that work for him he seems to trust Henry easily. What are his motivations for this quick acceptance?
9. How does the book describe how the mafia rose in the Brownsville-East New York area?
10. Describe what Tommy and Jimmy do with Billy Batts' after Tommy shoots him in The Suite.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)