|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author decide that Henry's story is worth hearing?
(a) Because he thinks the story is interesting.
(b) Because he has a detached perspective to mafia life.
(c) Because Henry was his friend.
(d) Because Henry had an interesting story.
2. At what age does Jimmy first run away from foster care?
3. Where do most of the airport hijackings occur?
(a) Laguardia Airport.
(b) Baggage claim.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) Air Cargo Center.
4. What year is Henry born?
5. What is the real name of the big boss who frequents the restaurant that Henry works at?
(a) Tommy Brown.
(b) Gaetano Lucchese.
(c) Walter Gambino.
(d) Paul Vario.
6. Why is Henry arrested in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he sets a building on fire.
(b) Because he is caught stealing a car.
(c) Because he is caught robbing a store.
(d) Because of his connection to the cigarette operation.
7. Why does Henry get rid of his maid?
(a) His wife makes him.
(b) She is nosy.
(c) She can't clean.
(d) She is fat.
8. What is the name of the facility that Jimmy grew up in?
(a) Long Island Home for Boys.
(b) Staten Island Foundling Home.
(c) Brooklyn Correctional Facility.
(d) Manhattan Foundling Home.
9. Where is Henry's mother from?
(b) New York.
10. Who does Henry sleep with at the bachelor party he attends?
(d) No one.
11. What is the first job Henry receives?
(a) An errand boy.
(b) A dog walker.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A cab driver.
12. How old is Karen when she meets Henry?
13. What weapon(s) are used in the restaurant massacre?
(b) Baseball bats and lead pipes.
(c) Bats and knives.
14. Why does Henry initially go to the cabstand?
(a) To look for a part-time job.
(b) To see his friends.
(c) For his father.
(d) To people watch.
15. What gift does Paulie give Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) A wide-angle rearview mirror.
(c) A car.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two mobsters who want to kill Henry?
2. Why do Karen's parents dislike Henry?
3. What type of business does Henry buy in Chapter 9?
4. How old are Henry's children at the start of the book?
5. What is the name of the crime family that Paul and his men primarily work for?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)