|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first job Henry and his new partner are assigned?
(a) Cab drivers.
(c) Union bricklayers.
(d) Errand boys.
2. What are the two race groups that make up the majority of the area in New York where Henry lives?
(a) Eastern European Jews and Irish-Americans.
(b) Irish-Americans and African Americans.
(c) Italian-Americans and Irish-Americans.
(d) Italian-Americans and Eastern European Jews.
3. How much does Henry pay for his new maid?
4. Why does Tommy later kill a man named Spider?
(a) Because he was told to.
(b) Because he didn't like him.
(c) Because he refused to dance for his entertainment.
(d) Because he threatened his wife.
5. What does Jimmy find in his trunk on his wedding day?
(b) A body.
6. Why does the author decide that Henry's story is worth hearing?
(a) Because Henry had an interesting story.
(b) Because he has a detached perspective to mafia life.
(c) Because he thinks the story is interesting.
(d) Because Henry was his friend.
7. Why do Karen's parents dislike Henry?
(a) He isn't Catholic.
(b) He's mean to Karen.
(c) He isn't Jewish.
(d) He doesn't have a good job.
8. How does Jimmy Burke initially make his money?
(a) Selling junk Christmas trees.
(b) Hijacking trucks.
(c) Stealing from restaurants.
(d) Making counterfeit bills.
9. What does "straighten up" mean in the mob world?
(a) Buying a business.
(b) Cleaning up.
(c) Paying out and collecting wagers.
(d) Killing people.
10. What sum do Henry and his friends steal from the airport at the beginning of Chapter 8?
11. What is the alias that the big boss from the restaurant goes by on the streets?
(a) Tommy DeSimone.
(b) Gaetano Lucchese.
(c) Tommy Brown.
(d) Bob Smith.
12. What item does Henry buy that upsets his mother?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pinstriped suit.
(c) A car.
(d) A hat.
13. Where is the guard when Henry first attempts to enter the strong room?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the strong room.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In the sauna.
14. Who is described as "suspicious of their own noses"?
(a) The cab drivers.
(b) The elder mobsters.
(c) Henry and his friends.
(d) Henry's parents.
15. What do Henry and his partner do at the restaurant that causes them to get in trouble with Paulie?
(a) Threatened to put the restaurant chef in the oven.
(b) Held an illegal gambling ring after hours.
(c) Stole food and wine.
(d) Gave their friends free food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry blame for the death of the mob's victims?
2. What does Henry do to the man who threatens Karen?
3. What occupation does Karen think Henry has?
4. What is Jimmy Burke's nickname?
5. What happens to the man who tries to attach one of the neighborhood girls?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)