|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds the keys to the airport strong room?
(a) The CEO and a guard.
(b) All guards.
(c) No one.
(d) A supervisor and a security guard.
2. What state does Jimmy buy cigarettes from?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
3. What is the name of the man who attacks Karen in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Henry get rid of his maid?
(a) She is nosy.
(b) His wife makes him.
(c) She is fat.
(d) She can't clean.
5. What scheme does Henry begin while in the Army?
(a) Became a bookie.
(b) Mismanaged the food and sold it for his own profit.
(c) Stole money from other soldiers.
(d) Sold fake passports.
6. At what age does Jimmy first run away from foster care?
7. What money making scheme is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) Cashing in counterfeit bills.
(b) Selling stolen cigarettes.
(c) Hijacking airplane cargo and selling the stolen goods.
(d) Robbing restaurants and reselling the food.
8. What is a wiseguy?
(a) Undercover cops.
(b) Street-level mafiosi.
(c) Smart men.
(d) Hit men.
9. Why do the wiseguys describe working men as "already dead"?
(a) Because they did not take advantage of breaking the law.
(b) Because they wanted to kill them.
(c) Because they were jealous.
(d) Because they thought they were boring.
10. In what time does the book mention that most mafiosi begin coming to this area?
(a) During Prohibition.
(b) After WWII.
(c) After WWI.
(d) During WWII.
11. What is Jimmy Burke's nickname?
(a) The Master.
(b) The Dog.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Gent.
12. What do Jimmy and his gang take from drivers after they are robbed?
(a) Their car.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their driver's licenses.
13. What religion does Henry agree to convert to for Karen?
14. How old is Henry when he first visits the cabstand?
15. What is the name of the area where Henry works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice does Henry also begin participating in after his initial scheme?
2. What does Henry receive on his 14th birthday from the wiseguys?
3. What punishment do Henry and his partner get from Paulie after they mess up at the restaurant?
4. What is the name of the person Tommy kills with a piano wire?
5. How does Henry meet his new girlfriend?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)