|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the wiseguys do when Henry is released from jail?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Throw him a party.
(c) Disown him.
(d) Fire him.
2. Who is described as "suspicious of their own noses"?
(a) Henry's parents.
(b) The cab drivers.
(c) The elder mobsters.
(d) Henry and his friends.
3. What are the names of Henry's children?
(a) Laura and Kate.
(b) Ruth and Jennie.
(c) Judy and Ruth.
(d) Judy and Rachel.
4. Why does Henry initially go to the cabstand?
(a) To see his friends.
(b) For his father.
(c) To people watch.
(d) To look for a part-time job.
5. What scheme does Henry begin while in the Army?
(a) Stole money from other soldiers.
(b) Became a bookie.
(c) Sold fake passports.
(d) Mismanaged the food and sold it for his own profit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Henry's children at the start of the book?
2. What item does Henry buy that upsets his mother?
3. How does Jimmy Burke initially make his money?
4. Who is described as Paulie's "right hand man" in Chapter 4?
5. Who is "bored with the egomaniacal ravings of illiterate hoods masquerading as benevolent Godfathers"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)