|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Keith Basso's project take?
2. Who does Keith Basso say was the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe?
3. Who were the Apache hiding from, according to Keith?
4. Which of the places does Charles Henry say were created first?
5. What does Keith Basso say the sense of place is a possession of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does place-making help construct?
2. What did Charles downplay about Basso?
3. What did part of Basso's research involve?
4. How to the Western Apache see knowledge of place?
5. What did Chairman Lupe consider unwise?
6. What was the story behind Snakes' Water?
7. Why did Basso speak with local consultants?
8. Who did Basso receive a grant from?
9. What does each chapter of Wisdom Sits in Places focus on and why?
10. For the Western Apache, how is history a narrative art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how cultures preserve their history and examine Edward Spicer's argument that despite a love of their history, Western Apaches would not become tribal historians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the strengths Basso found in the language of the Western Apache and how it differs from other languages.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how knowledge of places illustrates the need for wisdom according to the Western Apache.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)