|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say one cannot do all the time, despite it being captivating?
2. What was Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
3. What does Keith Basso say the human attachments to places remain?
4. What was Satre, according to Keith Basso?
5. What does Keith Basso say the Apache constructions of place reach deeply into?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what cultures does place-making occur?
2. What does Basso say happens when we lose our place, in the "Preface"?
3. When did Keith Basso first visit Cibecue, and what did he do after graduate school?
4. How to the Western Apache see knowledge of place?
5. For the Western Apache, how is history a narrative art?
6. What were many anthropologists hesitant to focus on, according to Basso?
7. What does Basso say must happen with locally imagined history, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
8. What did Chairman Lupe consider unwise?
9. Why did Basso speak with local consultants?
10. Who was Charles Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how industrialism changed the Western Apache in Cibecue.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Charles and Morley Cromwell in Basso's study of place-names.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the strengths Basso found in the language of the Western Apache and how it differs from other languages.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)