|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basso argue Apache are concerned with regarding events?
2. When did Charles decide to stop working for Basso?
3. What does Keith Basso say places are a part of?
4. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
5. What is the first question asked in the "Preface"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How to the Western Apache see knowledge of place?
2. What does Basso say must happen with locally imagined history, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
3. What does each chapter of Wisdom Sits in Places focus on and why?
4. Who was Charles Henry?
5. What was the status of the maps as of mid-July?
6. What does place-making help construct?
7. What does sense of place involve?
8. Why did Basso speak with local consultants?
9. How do the Western Apache see Anglo-American history according to Basso?
10. What did Chairman Lupe consider unwise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the major narrative genres for the Cibecue people and examine the purpose of each.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Charles and Morley Cromwell in Basso's study of place-names.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how local people relate themselves to their geography and how one can understand the landscape.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)