|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Satre, according to Keith Basso?
2. What was Snakes' Water named for?
3. What place does Keith Basso say he visited in the summer 1959?
4. What does Keith Basso say may have us feel threatened?
5. What happened to Basso's nose, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chairman Lupe consider unwise?
2. In what cultures does place-making occur?
3. For the Western Apache, how is history a narrative art?
4. Who did Basso receive a grant from?
5. What does Basso say happens when we lose our place, in the "Preface"?
6. How to the Western Apache see knowledge of place?
7. How do the Western Apache see Anglo-American history according to Basso?
8. What did part of Basso's research involve?
9. What does place-making help construct?
10. Who was Charles Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the hunting metaphor used in "Chapter 2, Stalking with Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Examine cultural constructions discussed by Basso and how they can be understood.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how children who do not learn to tie places and names with historical tales are affected.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)