|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basso say Chapter 2 focuses on?
(a) Long names.
(b) Charles Henry's nephew.
(c) Place-names meaning.
(d) Spoken text of the Cibecue.
2. What are sagas meant for?
3. Whose brother does Basso overhear became ill while visiting Lola?
4. When did Nick Thompson claim to have been born?
5. What does Basso say generated a wide range of cognitive associations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basso say is used to expand the imagination?
2. Where does Basso say the richness of place-names comes from?
3. How does Basso say the Apache understand communication?
4. What are the major narrative genres divided by?
5. What was Nick just recovering from in 1981, according to Basso?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Basso used Apache conceptions of land?
2. How can one understand the landscape according to Basso?
3. What do younger Apache feel about village life, according to Basso?
4. What is a distinct characteristic of the Western Apache, according to Basso?
5. How do local peoples relate to their geography?
6. What can't materialist models not give an explanation of?
7. What does Basso advise people to pay attention to, in "Chapter 2, Stalking with Stories?"
8. What does Nick Thompson encourage Basso to do in June 1980, and what did Nick maintain about the Western Apache?
9. Why does Basso think the Western Apache emphasize the importance of the land?
10. What happened to Louise's brother, and what did the Apaches say?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)