|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say may have us feel threatened?
(a) Threats to our body.
(b) Dark places.
(c) Dangerous names.
(d) Threats to our attachment to a place.
2. What was Keith Basso's mother's name?
(a) Sophie S. Basso.
(b) Margarette S. Basso.
(c) Lila S. Basso.
(d) Etolia S. Basso.
3. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
(a) The elder's life.
(b) The stories.
(c) Locally produced plays.
(d) Locally imagined history.
4. How does Keith Basso describe his profession?
(d) A topologist.
5. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
(a) Publish Keith's map.
(b) Hire Charles Henry.
(c) Leave the reservation before the maps were done.
(d) Sell the maps to non-Apache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say the answer to the first question in the book is?
2. What does Keith Basso say the sense of place is a possession of?
3. What does Keith Basso say were in short supply?
4. What is the first question asked in the "Preface"?
5. What does Keith Basso say places are a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Keith Basso first visit Cibecue, and what did he do after graduate school?
2. How to the Western Apache see knowledge of place?
3. How long did Basso's project last?
4. What happened to Basso on a Saturday in late June?
5. What does sense of place involve?
6. What does each chapter of Wisdom Sits in Places focus on and why?
7. What did part of Basso's research involve?
8. How do the Western Apache see Anglo-American history according to Basso?
9. Who was Morley Cromwell?
10. Who was Charles Henry?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)