|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Basso's bitten by the centipede?
(a) His foot.
(b) His leg.
(c) His hand.
(d) His head.
2. Who did Keith Basso and Charles Henry stand with in May 1979?
(a) Matt Henry.
(b) Morley Cromwell.
(c) Jared Bott.
(d) Sophie Henry.
3. According to legend, why were the owners of Shades of Shit forced to stay home?
(a) It was raining.
(b) They refused to share their toilet.
(c) They refused to share their corn.
(d) It was snowing.
4. What was Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
(a) A river.
(b) A flat area containing houses.
(c) A forest.
(d) A sandy area.
5. What does Keith Basso say the sense of place is a possession of?
(a) Particular individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
2. Who was Leslie Silko?
3. How do the Apache see the past, according to Basso?
4. How does Basso say Apache see history as being?
5. What does Basso argue Apache are concerned with regarding events?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does each chapter of Wisdom Sits in Places focus on and why?
2. Why did Basso speak with local consultants?
3. How do the Western Apache see Anglo-American history according to Basso?
4. What does Basso say happens when we lose our place, in the "Preface"?
5. How was the book divided, according to the "Preface?"
6. How to the Western Apache see knowledge of place?
7. What was the status of the maps as of mid-July?
8. Who did Basso receive a grant from?
9. Who was Charles Henry?
10. What does Basso say must happen with locally imagined history, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)