|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe suggest Keith Basso do?
(a) Create a dictionary.
(b) Leave his land.
(c) To become the tribe lawyer.
(d) A map of the land of his tribe.
2. Who did Keith Basso and Charles Henry stand with in May 1979?
(a) Morley Cromwell.
(b) Jared Bott.
(c) Matt Henry.
(d) Sophie Henry.
3. What does Basso argue Apache are concerned with regarding events?
(a) When they occured.
(b) Who was present.
(c) Where they occured.
(d) What lessons can be learned.
4. What does Keith Basso say the first question in the book is as old as?
(a) The start of time.
(b) The idea of home.
(d) The discovery of the Apache.
5. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 15 years.
6. What does Keith Basso say ethnographers have few of to follow?
(a) Raw models.
(b) Step by step books.
(c) Intellectual maps.
(d) Field professors.
7. Who founded the project that the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe suggested to Keith Basso?
(a) The National Sociology Foundation.
(b) The National Science Foundation.
(c) The National Map Foundation.
(d) The National Ethnology Foundation.
8. What does Keith Basso say places were creating a means of in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
(b) Historical imagination.
(c) Personal worth.
9. What does Keith Basso say the human attachments to places remain?
(a) A disputed field.
(b) A well documented fact.
(c) An understudied field.
(d) An enigma.
10. What place does Keith Basso say he visited in the summer 1959?
11. What was Snakes' Water?
(a) A small stream.
(b) An inactive spring.
(c) A boot factory.
(d) A large snake pit.
12. What does Keith Basso say of the sociology of Goffman?
(a) It was dismissive.
(b) It was accurate.
(c) It was simple.
(d) It was eccentric.
13. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
(a) Leave the reservation before the maps were done.
(b) Publish Keith's map.
(c) Hire Charles Henry.
(d) Sell the maps to non-Apache.
14. What does Basso argue history is for the Western Apache?
(a) Worthy of songs.
(b) Taught by the elders.
(d) A craft.
15. How many articles does Keith say he wrote on the place he visited in 1959?
(a) 6 articles.
(b) 1 article.
(c) 5 articles.
(d) 8 articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say one cannot do all the time, despite it being captivating?
2. When did Edward Spicer say Western Apache would not become tribal historians?
3. What does Charles Henry say was tied to the places that were first created?
4. What was Snakes' Water named for?
5. How long did Keith Basso's project take?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)