|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Keith Basso's mother's name?
(a) Sophie S. Basso.
(b) Etolia S. Basso.
(c) Margarette S. Basso.
(d) Lila S. Basso.
2. Who does Keith Basso say was the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe?
(a) Lisa Amaton.
(b) Lila Starpon.
(c) Ronnie Lupe.
(d) Mick Pstum.
3. What does Keith Basso argue our sense of place is as natural as?
(b) Culinary tastes.
(d) Our love of freedom.
4. What does Keith Basso say was easy even without a written history?
(a) Imagining the past.
(b) Creating compelling stories.
(c) Reinterpreting the past.
(d) Making stories up.
5. What advice from Dudley Patterson does Keith Basso say he followed?
(a) He learned.
(b) He slept.
(c) He left.
(d) He wrote a book.
6. Which of the places does Charles Henry say were created first?
7. How long did Keith Basso's project take?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 24 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 8 months.
8. What does Keith Basso say the first question in the book is as old as?
(a) The discovery of the Apache.
(c) The idea of home.
(d) The start of time.
9. How old was Charles Henry at the time the book was written?
(a) 40 years old.
(b) 65 years old.
(c) 62 years old.
(d) 60 years old.
10. What does Keith Basso say places are a part of?
(d) The landscape.
11. What does Keith Basso say does not have a sense of place?
12. What does Keith Basso say the sense of place is a possession of?
(d) Particular individuals.
13. What subtle element does Keith Basso say would assert the sense of place?
(a) A green door.
(b) A memory.
(c) A friend.
(d) An absent smell.
14. What does Basso argue Apache are concerned with regarding events?
(a) What lessons can be learned.
(b) Where they occured.
(c) Who was present.
(d) When they occured.
15. What does Charles Henry say was tied to the places that were first created?
(b) Modern speech.
(c) Ancestral speech.
(d) Sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
2. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe suggest Keith Basso do?
3. What was Satre, according to Keith Basso?
4. Who was Leslie Silko?
5. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)