1. What does Basso say happens when we lose our place, in the "Preface"?
According to Basso in the "Preface," when we lose our place, we feel adrift.
2. What does sense of place involve?
Sense of place involves culture and local knowledge.
3. What were many anthropologists hesitant to focus on, according to Basso?
According to Basso, anthropologists were hesitant to focus on place.
4. When did Keith Basso first visit Cibecue, and what did he do after graduate school?
Keith Basso first visited Cibecue in 1959 and was captivated. After graduate school, Basso wrote articles and books on several different parts of the Apache culture, such as ceremonial symbolism and social interaction.
5. Who was Ronnie Lupe, and what did he suggest?
Ronnie Lupe was the chair of the White Mountain Apache Tribe, and he suggested that Basso make maps in the Apache language of Apache places.
This section contains 1,947 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)