|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wisdom Sits in Places, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Basso describe the discussion between the group and the woman whose brother was sick?
2. What were Western Apaches increasingly emphasizing, according to Basso?
(a) The importance of the land.
(b) The worth of their land.
(c) The importance of good lawyers.
(d) The importance of money.
3. How do the Apache see the past, according to Basso?
(a) As a trail.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a field.
(d) As a river.
4. How many places did the three men travel, according to Chapter 1?
(a) 12 places.
(b) 17 places.
(c) 19 places.
(d) 13 places.
5. What was the name of Dudley's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grants did Keith Basso receive to do his work in Indian country?
2. Who taught Charles Henry the story of Shades of Shit?
3. What effort by the Apache does Basso say he supports, in "Chapter 4, Wisdom Sits in Places, Epilogue"?
4. How many children did Lola Machuse have?
5. What does Keith Basso say the first question in the book is as old as?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)