|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wisdom Sits in Places, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Talbert do after drinking too much?
(a) Sexually harassed women.
(b) Killed deer.
(c) Stole cars.
2. What is the first question asked in the "Preface"?
(a) What do people make of place?
(b) Who are Apache?
(c) Why do we exist?
(d) What do people live for?
3. What does Keith Basso say each chapter of the book would be centered on?
(a) A different letter.
(b) A different Apache person.
(c) A different tribe.
(d) A different place.
4. Why was Talbert upset in June 1982?
(a) Because of a break up.
(b) Because he lost his home.
(c) Because he lost a bet.
(d) Because of medical debt.
5. How does Keith Basso describe his profession?
(b) A topologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do tales force individuals to do?
2. What does Keith say about the name Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
3. What does Nick say Apache stories were made for?
4. What happened to Basso's nose, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
5. What subtle element does Keith Basso say would assert the sense of place?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)