|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Speaking With Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basso say can only be studied through the property names and place-naming?
(a) Shared meanings and geographies.
(b) Shared meanings and local rivers.
(c) Shared histoy and geographies.
2. What did Charles Henry use to downplay the tension during his trip with Basso?
(a) His missing teeth made pronunciation difficult.
(b) He made a joke.
(c) He started talking in English only.
(d) He tried to teach Basso Apache basics.
3. How old was Charles Henry at the time the book was written?
(a) 62 years old.
(b) 40 years old.
(c) 65 years old.
(d) 60 years old.
4. What does Basso say historical tales are often about?
(a) The clan.
(b) Stories of miseries.
(c) The person they are told to.
(d) The person that tells them.
5. What do the Cibecue think the land makes people?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Keith Basso in 1959?
2. What does Nick say Apache stories were made for?
3. Who was the local clan leader of the Juniper Tree Stands Alone, at the time of Basso's project?
4. What do younger Apache find village life to be?
5. At what elevation can the Cibecue settlement be found?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)