|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Speaking With Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Edward Spicer say Western Apache would not become tribal historians?
2. What does Basso say historical tales are often about?
(a) The person they are told to.
(b) Stories of miseries.
(c) The person that tells them.
(d) The clan.
3. What does Basso say Lola did when she revealed where the brother fell ill?
(a) She made fun of the man.
(b) She took a risk.
(c) She lied.
(d) She betrayed her friend's trust.
4. What does Basso say generated a wide range of cognitive associations?
5. Who taught Charles Henry the story of Shades of Shit?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many places did the three men travel, according to Chapter 1?
2. What did the woman think of her ill brother, according to Basso?
3. What does Keith Basso say one cannot do all the time, despite it being captivating?
4. What does Keith Basso say the answer to the first question in the book is?
5. What does Basso say can only be studied through the property names and place-naming?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)