|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Speaking With Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many articles does Keith say he wrote on the place he visited in 1959?
(a) 1 article.
(b) 5 articles.
(c) 6 articles.
(d) 8 articles.
2. What do younger Apache find village life to be?
(b) A good place to live.
(c) A place to worship.
3. What does Keith Basso say the answer to the first question in the book is?
(a) Impossible to tell.
4. What does Basso say generated a wide range of cognitive associations?
5. What does Basso say Lola did when she revealed where the brother fell ill?
(a) She betrayed her friend's trust.
(b) She lied.
(c) She made fun of the man.
(d) She took a risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basso say the story might have been?
2. Who said, "Wherever things look bright"?
3. How do the Apache see the past, according to Basso?
4. What does Basso say is difficult for linguists to explain?
5. What is the first question asked in the "Preface"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)