|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Stalking with Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Basso stay at Charles Henry's house on a break, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 6 days.
2. What was Nick's comment as Basso left Cibecue?
(a) "You are a good friend."
(b) "Your work is invaluable."
(c) "Goodness is all around Cibecue."
(d) "I cannot work for you next season."
3. What does Keith Basso say may have us feel threatened?
(a) Dark places.
(b) Dangerous names.
(c) Threats to our attachment to a place.
(d) Threats to our body.
4. Who told the story, to the girl on her birthday, of the Apache policeman that acted like a white man?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
(a) Locally imagined history.
(b) Locally produced plays.
(c) The stories.
(d) The elder's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many major genres did Cibecue narratives have?
2. What place does Keith Basso say he visited in the summer 1959?
3. What was Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
4. What does Keith Basso say of the sociology of Goffman?
5. How many articles does Keith say he wrote on the place he visited in 1959?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)