|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question asked in the "Preface"?
(a) Why do we exist?
(b) What do people make of place?
(c) Who are Apache?
(d) What do people live for?
2. How many parts did the project suggested by the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe have?
(a) 5 parts.
(b) 7 parts.
(c) 6 parts.
(d) 3 parts.
3. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. How many areas did Basso and his group chart?
5. How old was Charles Henry at the time the book was written?
(a) 60 years old.
(b) 62 years old.
(c) 65 years old.
(d) 40 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say does not have a sense of place?
2. What does Keith Basso say the sense of place is a possession of?
3. What were two of the places Basso went to explained to him as being?
4. What does Keith Basso say ethnographers have few of to follow?
5. What does Keith Basso say one cannot do all the time, despite it being captivating?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)