|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many places did the three men travel, according to Chapter 1?
(a) 19 places.
(b) 12 places.
(c) 17 places.
(d) 13 places.
2. How many areas did Basso and his group chart?
3. What does Keith Basso say places are a part of?
(a) The landscape.
4. What does Keith Basso say ethnographers thought of places?
(a) They took them for granted.
(b) They studied them slowly.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They over simplified them.
5. When did Edward Spicer say Western Apache would not become tribal historians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subtle element does Keith Basso say would assert the sense of place?
2. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
3. How many parts did the project suggested by the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe have?
4. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
5. What is the first question asked in the "Preface"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)