|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basso say the maps looked like in mid-July?
(a) An old blanket.
(b) Littered with shotgun pellets.
(c) A table cloth.
(d) A large piece of paper.
2. What does Keith Basso say each chapter of the book would be centered on?
(a) A different tribe.
(b) A different Apache person.
(c) A different place.
(d) A different letter.
3. What does Basso argue Apache are concerned with regarding events?
(a) When they occured.
(b) Who was present.
(c) What lessons can be learned.
(d) Where they occured.
4. What does Keith Basso say places are a part of?
(b) The landscape.
5. What were the Apaches looking for that named the place Basso and Charles Henry were at?
(a) A safe place to settle.
(b) A place to plant their crop.
(c) A place to build a temple.
(d) A place to bury their dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charles Henry decide to stop working for Basso?
2. What was Keith Basso's mother's name?
3. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe suggest Keith Basso do?
4. What does Keith Basso say may have us feel threatened?
5. What does Keith Basso say does not have a sense of place?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)