|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Apache see the past, according to Basso?
(a) As a river.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a field.
(d) As a trail.
2. What does Keith Basso say each chapter of the book would be centered on?
(a) A different letter.
(b) A different Apache person.
(c) A different place.
(d) A different tribe.
3. How old was Keith Basso in 1959?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 23 years old.
(d) 24 years old.
4. How old was Charles Henry at the time the book was written?
(a) 40 years old.
(b) 62 years old.
(c) 60 years old.
(d) 65 years old.
5. Who were the Apache hiding from, according to Keith?
(a) The Navajo.
(b) The Shenooks.
(c) The Iroquois.
(d) The Anasazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basso argue Spicer judges the Apache with?
2. What was Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
3. Who said, "Wherever things look bright"?
4. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
5. What does Keith Basso say the answer to the first question in the book is?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)