|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What does Keith Basso say the first question in the book is as old as?
(b) The idea of home.
(c) The discovery of the Apache.
(d) The start of time.
3. Who does Keith Basso say was the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe?
(a) Mick Pstum.
(b) Ronnie Lupe.
(c) Lila Starpon.
(d) Lisa Amaton.
4. How old was Keith Basso in 1959?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 24 years old.
(d) 23 years old.
5. Who said, "Wherever things look bright"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the local clan leader of the Juniper Tree Stands Alone, at the time of Basso's project?
2. What does Keith Basso say ethnographers thought of places?
3. Who founded the project that the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe suggested to Keith Basso?
4. What does Keith Basso say the sense of place is a possession of?
5. According to legend, why were the owners of Shades of Shit forced to stay home?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)