|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say the human attachments to places remain?
(a) An enigma.
(b) A well documented fact.
(c) A disputed field.
(d) An understudied field.
2. What does Keith Basso say the first question in the book is as old as?
(a) The idea of home.
(b) The start of time.
(d) The discovery of the Apache.
3. When did Edward Spicer say Western Apache would not become tribal historians?
4. What is the translation of the name of the place Basso and Charles Henry were at?
(a) River Going Down Between Valley.
(b) Small flowers Became Big.
(c) Dead Old Woman Sleeping.
(d) Water Lies With Mud In An Open Container.
5. What does Keith Basso say the Apache constructions of place reach deeply into?
(a) Other cultural spheres.
(b) The mind.
(c) Their appreaciation of wisdom.
(d) Their memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Satre, according to Keith Basso?
2. How many articles does Keith say he wrote on the place he visited in 1959?
3. When did Charles decide to stop working for Basso?
4. How many places did the three men travel, according to Chapter 1?
5. What does Charles Henry think was disrespectful in Keith Basso?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)