|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Basso argue our sense of place is as natural as?
(a) Culinary tastes.
(c) Our love of freedom.
2. What does Basso argue Apache are concerned with regarding events?
(a) What lessons can be learned.
(b) Where they occured.
(c) When they occured.
(d) Who was present.
3. How old was Charles Henry at the time the book was written?
(a) 65 years old.
(b) 40 years old.
(c) 62 years old.
(d) 60 years old.
4. How long did Basso stay at Charles Henry's house on a break, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 7 days.
5. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say does not have a sense of place?
2. How does Keith Basso describe his profession?
3. Who was Leslie Silko?
4. What does Keith Basso say places are a part of?
5. What does Keith Basso say one cannot do all the time, despite it being captivating?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)