|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wisdom Sits in Places, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Charles Cromwell when he retired?
2. What does Keith Basso say were in short supply?
(a) Apache-English dictionnary.
(b) Ethnographers exploring cultural dimensions of places.
(c) Apache speaking elders.
(d) Older Apache.
3. What did Basso's theoretical discoveries help him make a legal case for?
(a) Western Apache land claims.
(b) Western Apache election rights.
(c) Western Apache casino rights.
(d) Western Apache land rights.
4. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
(a) Publish Keith's map.
(b) Leave the reservation before the maps were done.
(c) Sell the maps to non-Apache.
(d) Hire Charles Henry.
5. How many major genres did Cibecue narratives have?
(a) 5 major genres.
(b) 7 major genres.
(c) 2 major genres.
(d) 4 major genres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dudley and Basso talk about after his fall?
2. How old was Keith Basso in 1959?
3. When does "Chapter 2, Stalking with Stories" start?
4. Why did Dudley and the other Apache men use the story of the two girls?
5. How many men was Basso riding with in June 1982?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)