|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "Wherever things look bright"?
2. According to legend, why were the owners of Shades of Shit forced to stay home?
(a) It was raining.
(b) They refused to share their corn.
(c) They refused to share their toilet.
(d) It was snowing.
3. What does Keith say about the name Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
(a) It was chosen by an old woman.
(b) It was the same pronunciation in Apache.
(c) It was not known why it was chosen.
(d) It was based on a story of two boys.
4. What grants did Keith Basso receive to do his work in Indian country?
(a) The Smithsonian Institution.
(b) The National Science Group of Anthropology.
(c) The Anthropological Anonymous Association.
(d) The Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research.
5. What does Keith Basso argue our sense of place is as natural as?
(a) Culinary tastes.
(c) Our love of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say the answer to the first question in the book is?
2. What does Keith Basso say the human attachments to places remain?
3. What does Keith Basso say of the sociology of Goffman?
4. Who were the Apache hiding from, according to Keith?
5. What does Keith Basso say was easy even without a written history?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)