|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Keith Basso say he had spent in a village of Western Apaches when he stumbled onto place-names?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What years was Keith Basso's project spread across?
3. What were the Apaches looking for that named the place Basso and Charles Henry were at?
(a) A place to plant their crop.
(b) A place to build a temple.
(c) A place to bury their dead.
(d) A safe place to settle.
4. Who was Leslie Silko?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A woman lawyer.
(c) A modern author.
(d) An Indian author.
5. What does Keith Basso say each chapter of the book would be centered on?
(a) A different letter.
(b) A different place.
(c) A different tribe.
(d) A different Apache person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Keith Basso and Charles Henry stand with in May 1979?
2. What does Keith Basso say the human attachments to places remain?
3. What was Snakes' Water?
4. What does Keith Basso say ethnographers have few of to follow?
5. What does Keith Basso argue our sense of place is as natural as?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)