|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Stalking with Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say the human attachments to places remain?
(a) A well documented fact.
(b) An enigma.
(c) A disputed field.
(d) An understudied field.
2. What does Basso argue history is for the Western Apache?
(a) Worthy of songs.
(b) A craft.
(d) Taught by the elders.
3. What does Keith Basso say was easy even without a written history?
(a) Reinterpreting the past.
(b) Creating compelling stories.
(c) Making stories up.
(d) Imagining the past.
4. What does Basso say names of places tended to indicate?
(a) A smaller clan.
(b) A good imagination
(c) A larger population.
(d) Wetter climates in early generations.
5. Where was Basso's bitten by the centipede?
(a) His hand.
(b) His foot.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Apache hiding from, according to Keith?
2. What did the chairman of the White Mountain Apache Tribe determine it would be unwise to do?
3. What does Basso say to pay attention to, in "Chapter 2, Stalking with Stories"?
4. Who was the local clan leader of the Juniper Tree Stands Alone, at the time of Basso's project?
5. What did Basso use to explain the effect of symbolism on individuals?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)