|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Speaking With Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basso say ethnographers immersed in a foreign culture with a foreign language must be cautious and understanding of, in "Chapter 3, Speaking With Names"?
(a) "External realities are created from national concepts."
(b) "External realities are created from cultural concepts."
(c) "External realities are destroyed by cultural concepts."
(d) "Internal realities are created from cultural concepts."
2. What did Lola provide Basso that allowed him to understand the conversation about the ill brother?
(a) Some background references.
(b) Police reports.
(c) A picture of the brother.
(d) Access to the hospital.
3. At what elevation can the Cibecue settlement be found?
(a) 5,900 feet.
(b) 1,900 feet.
(c) 4,900 feet.
(d) 3,900 feet.
4. What does Nick say Apache stories were made for?
(a) To make an impression on the individual.
(b) To entertain.
(c) To humiliate.
(d) To put to sleep.
5. Who does Basso say were often concerned with the connection between American Indian communities and their ecological settings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
2. What do younger Apache find village life to be?
3. What does Charles Henry think was disrespectful in Keith Basso?
4. What did the woman think of her ill brother, according to Basso?
5. How many major genres did Cibecue narratives have?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)