|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Speaking With Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, why were the owners of Shades of Shit forced to stay home?
(a) They refused to share their corn.
(b) They refused to share their toilet.
(c) It was raining.
(d) It was snowing.
2. What happened to Basso's nose, in "Chapter 1, Quoting the Ancestors"?
(a) It was shot.
(b) He was stung by hornets.
(c) It bled.
(d) It was cut.
3. What was Nick just recovering from in 1981, according to Basso?
(a) Back surgery.
(b) The flu.
(d) A broken arm.
4. What does Basso say the place-names were used for by the woman whose brother was ill?
(a) To wish for his speedy recovery.
(b) To hear her ancestors.
(c) To quiet her down.
(d) To complain about him.
5. When did Basso leave Cibecue in 1981?
(a) In the spring.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In the fall.
(d) In the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the places does Charles Henry say were created first?
2. What do the Cibecue think the land makes people?
3. What does Basso argue history is for the Western Apache?
4. In what state is the Cibecue settlement?
5. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)