|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Speaking With Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Apaches looking for that named the place Basso and Charles Henry were at?
(a) A place to build a temple.
(b) A place to bury their dead.
(c) A safe place to settle.
(d) A place to plant their crop.
2. What does Basso say generated a wide range of cognitive associations?
3. What do sagas focus on?
(a) Long stories.
(b) Fun stories.
(c) Ancient times.
(d) Modern times.
4. What does Keith Basso say must be lived as well?
(a) The stories.
(b) Locally imagined history.
(c) Locally produced plays.
(d) The elder's life.
5. What does Basso say Lola did when she revealed where the brother fell ill?
(a) She took a risk.
(b) She lied.
(c) She made fun of the man.
(d) She betrayed her friend's trust.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Basso say the Apache understand communication?
2. What do younger Apache find village life to be?
3. Where does Basso say the richness of place-names comes from?
4. What was Juniper Tree Stands Alone?
5. When did Basso leave Cibecue in 1981?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)