|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Polixenes say that Florizel is spending a great deal of time?
2. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
3. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
4. How does Polixenes characterize the shepherd, based on his intelligence?
5. When Polixenes removes his disguise, what does he tell Perdita to do, or else she is condemned to a painful death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What role do prophecies and the gods play in the story? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does love play in the story? What does love cause to happen? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)