|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leontes do to the shepherd who raises Perdita?
2. The queen's statue has a reputation as a what?
3. Polixenes asks Camillo to not mention Sicilia anymore because it reminds him of what?
4. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
5. Perdita fears for her father and says that who are conspiring against her and Florizel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What function does Mamillius serve? He is only present for a short period in the play, so what role does he play? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Paulina's role as Leontes conscience and keeper of Hermione's memory. How does she function in each of these roles? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)