|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the shepherd and Clown figure out who Autolycus really is, what does Autolycus want passed along to the prince?
2. What is a second object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
3. What does Time say it is in his power to overthrow?
4. The shepherd and his son are with Polixenes in Sicilia. What emotion do the shepherd and his son feel?
5. When Polixenes removes his disguise, what does he tell Perdita to do, or else she is condemned to a painful death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of Perdita's flowers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How are Polixenes and Leontes similar characters? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)