|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
2. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
3. How long is it, at the start of Act four scene twoi, since Camillo sets foot in his home country?
4. According to the stage directions, who enters with Time?
5. The shepherd and his son are with Polixenes in Sicilia. What emotion do the shepherd and his son feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Paulina's role as Leontes conscience and keeper of Hermione's memory. How does she function in each of these roles? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does jealousy function as a motivation for the various characters? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of conflict is Leontes engaged in throughout the play? How does this conflict get resolved? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)