|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Time say it is in his power to overthrow?
2. Who does Autolycus promise that he changes his ways?
3. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
4. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
5. Who points out that Perdita bears a close resemblance to Hermione?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of social status to the play, and what happens because of social status? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters use costumes and disguises throughout the play. How do the costumes and disguises contribute to the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role do women play in "The Winter's Tale"? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)