|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clown enters, he lists of things he needs to buy for what?
2. What does Camillo give to Perdita to hide her face while she changes her garments?
3. Who tries to convince the Leontes that he feels enough guilt and does enough good to make up for earlier mistakes?
4. What does Antigonus ask the mariner at the beginning of Act three, scene three?
5. Antigonus tells the infant that it is ______ fault she is cast out in the storm.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters use costumes and disguises throughout the play. How do the costumes and disguises contribute to the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is Hermione's action, pretending to be dead for so many years, a justifiable reaction to Leontes treatment of her? Why or why not? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)