|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
2. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
3. At the end of Act four, scene two, where do Polixenes and Camillo go?
4. What is a second object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
5. What does Time say he is using to slide over the years between the end of Act three and the beginning of Act four?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters use costumes and disguises throughout the play. How do the costumes and disguises contribute to the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What actions, emotions, lines and scenes from the play indicate that friendship is a theme that runs throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)