|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigonus tells the infant that it is ______ fault she is cast out in the storm.
2. The shepherd and his son are with Polixenes in Sicilia. What emotion do the shepherd and his son feel?
3. What does Act four, scene two set up?
4. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
5. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
Essay Topic 3
What role do prophecies and the gods play in the story? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)