|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polixenes threatening the shepherd and his son with?
2. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
3. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
4. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
5. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
Essay Topic 1
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters use costumes and disguises throughout the play. How do the costumes and disguises contribute to the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)