|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
2. An old shepherd enters the scene, complaining that ______ chased away two of his sheep.
3. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
4. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
5. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What actions, emotions, lines and scenes from the play indicate that friendship is a theme that runs throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of social status to the play, and what happens because of social status? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)