|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act four, scene two, where do Polixenes and Camillo go?
2. What does the mariner think the sky turning dark means?
3. An old shepherd enters the scene, complaining that ______ chased away two of his sheep.
4. Perdita fears for her father and says that who are conspiring against her and Florizel?
5. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Hermione's action, pretending to be dead for so many years, a justifiable reaction to Leontes treatment of her? Why or why not? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of Perdita's flowers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role do women play in "The Winter's Tale"? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)