|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
2. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
3. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
4. In what city is the Oracle located?
5. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
2. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
3. Why is Act one, scene one important?
4. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
5. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
6. What does Clown name off in the list of things he needs to buy for the sheep-shearing feast?
7. Why does Polixenes not want to let Camillo go?
8. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
9. Why does the queen not ask anyone to take the new baby to the king?
10. Who is Autolycus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the weather in the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What function does Mamillius serve? He is only present for a short period in the play, so what role does he play? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)