|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
2. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
3. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
4. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
5. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
2. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
3. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
4. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
5. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
6. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
7. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
8. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
9. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
10. Who plays Time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
Essay Topic 2
Is Hermione's action, pretending to be dead for so many years, a justifiable reaction to Leontes treatment of her? Why or why not? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism of Perdita's flowers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)