|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
2. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
3. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
4. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
5. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the message from the Oracle say?
2. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
3. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
4. How does Hermione describe her love for Polixenes?
5. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
6. What does Leontes tell Antigonus to do to the baby, after Antigonus refuses to throw it in the fire?
7. Why does Antigonus want his daughters sterilized?
8. Why does Polixenes not want to let Camillo go?
9. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
10. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)