|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
2. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
3. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
4. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
5. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act one, scene one, how does Camillo explain the kings' inability to visit each other?
2. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
3. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
4. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
5. Who is Autolycus?
6. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
7. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
8. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
9. How does Hermione convince Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes?
10. What does Time say in his speech?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters use costumes and disguises throughout the play. How do the costumes and disguises contribute to the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of conflict is Leontes engaged in throughout the play? How does this conflict get resolved? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)