|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
2. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
3. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
4. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
5. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in disagreement about whether Leontes marries again, and why?
2. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
3. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
4. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
5. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
6. How does Hermione convince Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes?
7. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
8. What are some of the indications that the statue of Hermione is actually Hermione?
9. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
10. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What function does Mamillius serve? He is only present for a short period in the play, so what role does he play? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of Autolycus in the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)