|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
2. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
3. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
4. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
5. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What function does Time serve?
2. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
3. What prompts Leontes to say that he is king, and doesn't require any advice?
4. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
5. Why does Polixenes not want to let Camillo go?
6. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
7. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
8. Why does the queen not ask anyone to take the new baby to the king?
9. Who plays Time?
10. What do Autolycus and the gentlemen talk about in Act five, scene two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do women play in "The Winter's Tale"? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of conflict is Leontes engaged in throughout the play? How does this conflict get resolved? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does love play in the story? What does love cause to happen? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)