|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
2. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
3. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
4. Who is Maxillius?
5. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
2. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
3. Why is Act one, scene one important?
4. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
5. Why does Hermione play a statue, rather than reveal she is alive?
6. How does Hermione convince Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes?
7. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
8. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
9. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
10. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the most loyal character in the play, and why? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role do prophecies and the gods play in the story? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of conflict is Leontes engaged in throughout the play? How does this conflict get resolved? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)