|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paulina?
2. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
3. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
4. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
5. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Leontes to say that he is king, and doesn't require any advice?
2. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
3. What does Leontes tell Antigonus to do to the baby, after Antigonus refuses to throw it in the fire?
4. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
5. What function does Time serve?
6. What does Leontes tell Florizel about marrying Perdita, once he finds out that they are not married and she is not royal?
7. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
8. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
9. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
10. What is ironic about the situation between Clown and Autolycus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2How are Polixenes and Leontes similar characters? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3What is the symbolism of Perdita's flowers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)