|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
2. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
3. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
4. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
5. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the queen not ask anyone to take the new baby to the king?
2. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
3. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
4. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
5. What does Time say about Perdita?
6. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
7. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
8. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
9. How does Hermione describe her love for Polixenes?
10. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the weather in the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How are Polixenes and Leontes similar characters? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)