|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
2. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
3. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
4. Who is Paulina?
5. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
2. Why does Camillo want to return to Sicilia?
3. What is ironic about the situation between Clown and Autolycus?
4. What do Cleomenes and Dion hope the outcome of Hermione's trial is?
5. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
6. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
7. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
8. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
9. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
10. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)