|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
2. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
3. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
4. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
5. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
2. Why does Hermione play a statue, rather than reveal she is alive?
3. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
4. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
5. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
6. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
7. Why does the queen not ask anyone to take the new baby to the king?
8. Who is in disagreement about whether Leontes marries again, and why?
9. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
10. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the weather in the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters use costumes and disguises throughout the play. How do the costumes and disguises contribute to the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)