|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
2. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
3. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
4. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
5. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who plays Time?
2. What does Paulina do, after she reunites Hermione with her family?
3. What do Autolycus and the gentlemen talk about in Act five, scene two?
4. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
5. In Act one, scene one, how does Camillo explain the kings' inability to visit each other?
6. What do Cleomenes and Dion hope the outcome of Hermione's trial is?
7. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
8. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
9. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
10. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the weather in the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role does love play in the story? What does love cause to happen? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How are Polixenes and Leontes similar characters? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)