|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
2. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
3. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
4. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
5. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
2. Who is Autolycus?
3. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
4. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
5. What does Time say in his speech?
6. When Archidamus invites Camillo to Bohemia, how does Archidamus describe Bohemia?
7. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
8. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
9. Why is Perdita nervous about marrying Florizel?
10. What are some of the indications that the statue of Hermione is actually Hermione?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Autolycus in the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What role does love play in the story? What does love cause to happen? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)