Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
2. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
3. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
4. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
5. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
2. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
3. What does Time say about Perdita?
4. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
5. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
6. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
7. Why does Antigonus want his daughters sterilized?
8. When Archidamus invites Camillo to Bohemia, how does Archidamus describe Bohemia?
9. What is a soliloquy?
10. What are some of the indications that the statue of Hermione is actually Hermione?
At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Who is the most loyal character in the play, and why? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
What kind of conflict is Leontes engaged in throughout the play? How does this conflict get resolved? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)