|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
2. Who is Maxillius?
3. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
4. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
5. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hermione describe her love for Polixenes?
2. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
3. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
4. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
5. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
6. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
7. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
8. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
9. How does Camillo describe the shepherd and his estate?
10. What does the message from the Oracle say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does jealousy function as a motivation for the various characters? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, the characters all leave together. Is the ending of the play too neat? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What actions, emotions, lines and scenes from the play indicate that friendship is a theme that runs throughout the play?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)