|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
2. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
3. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
4. Who is Maxillius?
5. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antigonus want his daughters sterilized?
2. How does Hermione describe her love for Polixenes?
3. Why is Act one, scene one important?
4. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
5. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
6. What is ironic about the situation between Clown and Autolycus?
7. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
8. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
9. What does Leontes tell Florizel about marrying Perdita, once he finds out that they are not married and she is not royal?
10. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the most loyal character in the play, and why? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of Autolycus in the play? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)