|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
2. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
3. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
4. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
5. In what city is the Oracle located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Camillo describe the shepherd and his estate?
2. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
3. Who is Autolycus?
4. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
5. Why does Camillo want to return to Sicilia?
6. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
7. What does Time say about Perdita?
8. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
9. What do Autolycus and the gentlemen talk about in Act five, scene two?
10. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
Essay Topic 2
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the play to support your answer, answer the following question: How does Shakespeare use foreshadowing in the play?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)