|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
2. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
3. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
4. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
5. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in disagreement about whether Leontes marries again, and why?
2. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
3. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
4. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
5. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
6. What is ironic about the situation between Clown and Autolycus?
7. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
8. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
9. What do Autolycus and the gentlemen talk about in Act five, scene two?
10. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does jealousy function as a motivation for the various characters? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the most loyal character in the play, and why? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism of Perdita's flowers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)