|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
2. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
3. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
4. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
5. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Time say about Perdita?
2. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
3. What does Leontes tell Florizel about marrying Perdita, once he finds out that they are not married and she is not royal?
4. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
5. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
6. What is ironic about the situation between Clown and Autolycus?
7. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
8. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
9. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
10. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the weather in the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is what happens to Polixenes and Florizel similar to what happens to Leontes? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does jealousy function as a motivation for the various characters? Support your answer using specific examples from the play.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)