|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
2. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
3. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
4. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
5. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
2. What are some of the indications that the statue of Hermione is actually Hermione?
3. What does Paulina do, after she reunites Hermione with her family?
4. What does Time say about Perdita?
5. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
6. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
7. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
8. What does the message from the Oracle say?
9. What does Leontes tell Antigonus to do to the baby, after Antigonus refuses to throw it in the fire?
10. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of Perdita's flowers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How are Polixenes and Leontes similar characters? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, answer the following question: What genre of play is "The Winter's Tale"?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)