|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The king.
(b) The guard.
(c) The knight.
(d) Her husband.
2. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The temple of Zeus.
(c) The church yard.
(d) The temple of the gods.
3. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
(b) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(c) That her husband wants her dead.
(d) That she is seperated from her children.
4. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(c) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(d) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
5. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
2. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
3. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
4. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
5. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Camillo describe the shepherd and his estate?
2. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
3. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
4. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
5. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
6. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
7. What is a soliloquy?
8. Who is Autolycus?
9. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
10. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)