|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(d) Known to each other.
2. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
3. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(b) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(c) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(d) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
4. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their prisoner.
(b) Their family.
(c) Their enemy.
(d) Their servant.
5. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
(a) That Hermione divorces the king.
(b) That Hermione is not guilty.
(c) That Hermione leaves the country.
(d) That Hermione lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
2. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
3. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
4. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
5. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a soliloquy?
2. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
3. Who is Autolycus?
4. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
5. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
6. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
7. Why is Act one, scene one important?
8. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
9. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
10. How does Hermione describe her love for Polixenes?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)