|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
(a) That Hermione divorces the king.
(b) That Hermione leaves the country.
(c) That Hermione is not guilty.
(d) That Hermione lives.
2. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
(a) The priests.
(b) The animals.
(c) The poor.
(d) The gods.
3. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(a) A bad mother.
(d) A witch.
4. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
5. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Sit down.
(c) Talk with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
2. Who is Maxillius' father?
3. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
4. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
5. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
2. What do Autolycus and the gentlemen talk about in Act five, scene two?
3. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
4. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
5. What does the message from the Oracle say?
6. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
7. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
8. How does Camillo describe the shepherd and his estate?
9. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
10. What does Leontes tell Florizel about marrying Perdita, once he finds out that they are not married and she is not royal?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)