|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A lord.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A knight.
(d) A duke.
2. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She begins a lament.
3. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(a) Filled with riches.
(d) Full of bad weather.
4. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A ruling.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A message.
(d) A prophecy.
5. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) One year.
(b) 18 months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
2. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
3. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
4. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
5. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Act one, scene one important?
2. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
3. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
4. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
5. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
6. What prompts Leontes to say that he is king, and doesn't require any advice?
7. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
8. What function does Time serve?
9. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
10. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)