|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
(a) That Hermione is not guilty.
(b) That Hermione leaves the country.
(c) That Hermione lives.
(d) That Hermione divorces the king.
2. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them taken away to another land.
(c) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(d) Have them sterilized.
3. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
4. Who is Maxillius' father?
5. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
(a) Her ladies.
(c) Her handmaiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
2. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
3. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
4. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
5. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Polixenes not want to let Camillo go?
2. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
3. Why does Antigonus want his daughters sterilized?
4. Why is Perdita nervous about marrying Florizel?
5. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
6. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
7. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
8. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
9. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
10. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)