|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
2. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
3. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(b) That her unborn baby survives.
(c) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(d) That her unborn baby is a girl.
4. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
5. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
2. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
3. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
4. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
5. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Perdita nervous about marrying Florizel?
2. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
3. Why does the queen not ask anyone to take the new baby to the king?
4. What does Clown name off in the list of things he needs to buy for the sheep-shearing feast?
5. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
6. What prompts Leontes to say that he is king, and doesn't require any advice?
7. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
8. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
9. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
10. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)