|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
2. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own life.
(c) Sacrifice his own children.
3. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(a) Known to each other.
4. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
5. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She is afraid no one says yes.
(b) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(c) She doesn't know who to ask.
(d) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
2. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
3. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
4. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
5. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
2. Why is Perdita nervous about marrying Florizel?
3. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
4. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
5. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
6. What does Clown name off in the list of things he needs to buy for the sheep-shearing feast?
7. What does Time say about Perdita?
8. Who plays Time?
9. What prompts Leontes to say that he is king, and doesn't require any advice?
10. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)