|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) Who his father is.
(b) A secret.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) A story.
2. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
3. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(a) The original sin.
4. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
5. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They think the king is mad.
(b) They claim it is a curse.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They think it is a violent thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
2. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
3. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
4. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
5. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
2. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
3. In Act one, scene one, how does Camillo explain the kings' inability to visit each other?
4. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
5. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
6. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
7. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
8. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
9. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
10. What does Paulina do, after she reunites Hermione with her family?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)