|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
2. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A messenger.
3. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to his mother's absence.
(b) Due to his father's ranting.
(c) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(d) Due to stress.
4. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
5. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming death.
(b) The upcoming sacrifice.
(c) The upcoming marriage.
(d) The upcoming trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
2. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
3. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
4. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
5. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What function does Time serve?
2. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
3. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
4. Why does Polixenes not want to let Camillo go?
5. Why does Camillo want to return to Sicilia?
6. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
7. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
8. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
9. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
10. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)