|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
(a) A conference with each other.
(b) A trade agreement with each other.
(c) A visit with each other.
(d) A war with each other.
2. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
3. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) More oarsmen.
(b) A carriage.
(c) Fresh horses.
(d) A boat.
4. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
5. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A lord.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A knight.
(d) A duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
2. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
3. Who is Maxillius' father?
4. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
5. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in disagreement about whether Leontes marries again, and why?
2. What happens when Clown helps Autolycus?
3. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
4. What is a soliloquy?
5. Why does the queen not ask anyone to take the new baby to the king?
6. What does the message from the Oracle say?
7. Why does Antigonus want his daughters sterilized?
8. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
9. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
10. In Act one, scene one, how does Camillo explain the kings' inability to visit each other?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)