|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By drowining her.
(b) By burning her wth fire.
(c) By imprisoning her.
(d) By making her a servant.
2. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
(a) Talking to the king.
(b) Seeing his new daughter.
(c) Hearing how Hermione is doing.
(d) Seeing Hermione.
3. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To eliminate a traitor.
(b) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(c) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(d) To move on.
4. Who is Maxillius?
(a) The young Prince of Sicilia.
(b) The young Prince of Italia.
(c) The young Prince of Bohemia.
(d) The young Prince of Latvia.
5. In what country is the Oracle located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
2. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
3. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
4. In what city is the Oracle located?
5. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
2. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
3. Who plays Time?
4. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
5. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
6. How does the shepherd and Clown become gentlemen?
7. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
8. What does Leontes tell Florizel about marrying Perdita, once he finds out that they are not married and she is not royal?
9. What is a soliloquy?
10. Why is Perdita nervous about marrying Florizel?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)