|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own life.
(c) Sacrifice his own children.
2. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The guard.
3. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
4. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries he loses his throne.
(b) He worries his crops die.
(c) He worries his Queen dies.
(d) He worries something bad happens.
5. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(c) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(d) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
2. Camillo is a lord of what location?
3. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
4. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
5. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
2. What does Clown name off in the list of things he needs to buy for the sheep-shearing feast?
3. When Archidamus invites Camillo to Bohemia, how does Archidamus describe Bohemia?
4. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
5. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
6. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
7. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
8. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
9. How does Hermione convince Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes?
10. Who is Autolycus?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)