|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By deserting it on a boat.
(b) By starving it.
(c) By throwing it into the fire.
(d) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
2. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
(b) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(c) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
(d) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
3. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(c) The original sin.
4. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
5. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
2. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
3. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
4. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
5. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Time say in his speech?
2. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
3. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
4. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
5. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
6. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
7. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
8. Who plays Time?
9. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
10. What does Leontes tell Antigonus to do to the baby, after Antigonus refuses to throw it in the fire?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)