|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With great scenery and drinks.
(b) With great books and love for their friends.
(c) With drinks and food.
(d) With drinks and love for their friends.
2. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
3. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
(b) That she is seperated from her children.
(c) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(d) That her husband wants her dead.
4. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Talk with him.
5. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is a good Queen.
(b) That she is a good mother.
(c) That she is innocent.
(d) That she is friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
2. Who is Paulina?
3. Who is Maxillius' father?
4. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
5. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the situation between Clown and Autolycus?
2. How does Hermione convince Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes?
3. Who is in disagreement about whether Leontes marries again, and why?
4. What is the old shepherd complaining about when he first enters?
5. Why is Perdita nervous about marrying Florizel?
6. What does the message from the Oracle say?
7. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
8. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
9. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
10. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)