|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(c) The queen.
2. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their servant.
(b) Their prisoner.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their enemy.
3. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
4. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) An heir.
(b) A family.
(c) A wife.
(d) A son.
5. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) A carriage.
(b) More oarsmen.
(c) A boat.
(d) Fresh horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
2. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
3. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
4. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
5. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
2. What does Time say in his speech?
3. How does Hermione describe her love for Polixenes?
4. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
5. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
6. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
7. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
8. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
9. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
10. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)