|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A mad king.
(b) A bad leader.
(c) A jealous tyrant.
(d) A petty husband.
2. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(b) Full of bad weather.
(c) Filled with riches.
3. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
4. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby survives.
(b) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(c) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(d) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
5. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
2. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
3. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
4. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
5. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
2. How is Leontes planning to have his revenge on Hermione and Polixenes?
3. When Archidamus invites Camillo to Bohemia, how does Archidamus describe Bohemia?
4. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
5. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
6. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
7. Why do the shepherd and Clown not blame Autolycus for what happens to them?
8. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
9. What are some of the indications that the statue of Hermione is actually Hermione?
10. What does the message from the Oracle say?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)