|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(a) The original sin.
2. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
3. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A servant.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A nanny.
4. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
5. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(b) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
(c) That she is seperated from her children.
(d) That her husband wants her dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
2. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
3. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
4. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
5. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
2. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
3. When Leontes is told that Polixenes and Camillo escape, what does he do about his other children?
4. Who is Autolycus?
5. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
6. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
7. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
8. Why is Act one, scene one important?
9. What does the mariner warn Antigonus about?
10. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)