|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(b) The original sin.
2. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With poison in his wine.
(b) By beheading him.
(c) By pushing him off a cliff.
(d) With a dagger at night.
3. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
4. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
5. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
2. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
3. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
4. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
5. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paulina's response, when the king asks her husband if he dess not rule her?
2. What does Hermione say in Antigonus' dream?
3. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
4. What does Time say in his speech?
5. What tale does a lord tell Leontes about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
6. How does Paulina plan to convince the king of Hermione's innocence?
7. What is a soliloquy?
8. How does Camillo describe the shepherd and his estate?
9. Why does Polixenes think there is something about Perdita that speaks of more noble blood than being born of a shepherd?
10. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)