|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are across a river.
(b) They are neighboring regions.
(c) They are across an ocean.
(d) They are across a sea.
2. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) A boat.
(b) Fresh horses.
(c) More oarsmen.
(d) A carriage.
3. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
4. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(b) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(c) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(d) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
5. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To move on.
(b) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(c) To eliminate a traitor.
(d) To ease the dishonor she causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
2. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
3. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
4. Who is Paulina?
5. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Leontes alone is his belief that Hermione is guilty of dishonor and adultery?
2. Why is Act one, scene one important?
3. Why does Leontes think that Camillo is either a liar or stupid at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Camillo want to return to Sicilia?
5. What does Leontes tell Antigonus to do to the baby, after Antigonus refuses to throw it in the fire?
6. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
7. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
8. What does Leontes tell Florizel about marrying Perdita, once he finds out that they are not married and she is not royal?
9. What are the comments and questions that the servant and Leontes have about Florizel's arrival in Sicilia?
10. What happens when Leontes and Polixenes meet each other again, for the first time since Polixenes fled Sicilia?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)