|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They think the king is mad.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They think it is a violent thing.
(d) They claim it is a curse.
2. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a week.
3. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(b) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
(c) That he does if she lets him.
(d) That he does not.
4. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is friendly.
(b) That she is a good mother.
(c) That she is a good Queen.
(d) That she is innocent.
5. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A ruling.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A prophecy.
(d) A message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
2. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
3. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
4. In what country is the Oracle located?
5. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What function does Time serve?
2. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
3. Why does Camillo want to return to Sicilia?
4. Why does Hermione agree to go with the guards when Leontes orders her to be imprisoned?
5. What does Time say in his speech?
6. What does Florizel say when Polixenes, in disguise, asks him about his father's role in the marriage between himself and Perdita?
7. Why does Polixenes not want to let Camillo go?
8. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
9. Why does Hermione say that she has nothing left in her life?
10. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)