Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A mad king.
(b) A petty husband.
(c) A jealous tyrant.
(d) A bad leader.
2. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own children.
(c) Sacrifice his own life.
3. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them taken away to another land.
(c) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(d) Have them sterilized.
4. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
5. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
2. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
3. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
4. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
5. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paulina do when the guard tells her that no one sees the queen?
2. What is the king waiting for before killing the queen?
3. What does Time say about Perdita?
4. What does Camillo advise Polixenes to do regarding Leontes and the charge of adultery?
5. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
6. Why do Leontes and Perdita not want Paulina to close the curtain on the statue of Hermione?
7. Why does Antigonus want his daughters sterilized?
8. When Archidamus invites Camillo to Bohemia, how does Archidamus describe Bohemia?
9. What is a soliloquy?
10. What are some of the indications that the statue of Hermione is actually Hermione?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)