|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
2. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(d) The queen.
3. Who is Maxillius' father?
4. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The king.
(b) The guard.
(c) The knight.
(d) Her husband.
5. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
2. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
3. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
4. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
5. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paulina's response to the king's claim that he has her burnt by fire?
2. Why does Hermione play a statue, rather than reveal she is alive?
3. What are the charges against Hermione at her trial?
4. Who is Florizel, and where does he spend his time?
5. Where are Cleomenes and Dion, and how long are they gone?
6. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
7. What reason does Florizel give for not buying Perdita gifts from the peddler?
8. How does Emilia say Hermione is doing in prison?
9. What does the old shepherd think when he happens upon the baby?
10. Who is in disagreement about whether Leontes marries again, and why?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)