|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An old shepherd enters the scene, complaining that ______ chased away two of his sheep.
(a) A bear.
(b) Young hunters.
(c) Lost dogs.
(d) The storm.
2. Leontes says that Florizel does not marry without what?
(a) Discussing the issue with his father.
(b) His father's approval.
(c) His father's presence.
(d) His father's money.
3. Florizel confesses that Perdita is not royal, but says she is once what happens?
(a) Once Paulina adopts her.
(b) Once Polixenes makes her royal.
(c) Once they marry.
(d) Once Leontes ennobles her.
4. What is Polixenes threatening the shepherd and his son with?
5. What does Hermione tell Antigonus to do as he lays the baby down?
(c) Leave milk.
6. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
(a) That he has kinsmen nearby.
(b) That his wife is nearby.
(c) That he has money at home.
(d) That his home is nearby.
7. What does the mariner think the sky turning dark means?
(a) That the gods are angry with them.
(b) That there is a storm coming.
(c) That the infant is a bastard.
(d) That the infant isn't to be left there.
8. What does Clown find inside the bundle with the infant?
(c) A letter.
9. When the shepherd and Clown figure out who Autolycus really is, what does Autolycus want passed along to the prince?
(a) His regrets.
(b) His demands.
(c) His well wishes.
(d) His request for a position.
10. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
(a) A talent.
(b) An art.
(c) A sin.
(d) A curse.
11. What name does Perdita call Florizel, before she knows he is a prince?
12. What does Act four, scene two set up?
(a) The tone of the play.
(b) The climax.
(c) The comic relief.
(d) The following scenes.
13. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
(a) They agree to serve the kings.
(b) The kings give them titles to lands far away.
(c) The kings give them enough money to be gentlemen.
(d) The kings call them brother.
14. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
(a) Something he does not do.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) A death.
(d) A good thing.
15. What does Camillo give to Perdita to hide her face while she changes her garments?
(a) Autolycus' hat.
(b) Dorcas' cape.
(c) Polixenes' jacket.
(d) Florizel's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Autolycus, Dorcas and Mopsa do together?
2. Where does Autolycus tell the shepherd and Clown that the king is?
3. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
4. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
5. Perdita fears for her father and says that who are conspiring against her and Florizel?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)