|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
2. What does Time call Perdita?
(a) A shepherd's daughter.
(b) A wondering graceful maiden.
(c) A fair and beautiful maiden.
(d) A noble daughter, lost.
3. What does Leontes do to the shepherd who raises Perdita?
(a) Sends him to jail.
(b) Sends him home.
(c) Keeps him as a servant.
(d) Thanks him.
4. What do Autolycus, Dorcas and Mopsa do together?
5. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Loyalty and honor.
(b) Truth and justice.
(c) Patience and thieves.
(d) Costumes and disguises.
6. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
7. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A scroll.
(c) A crown.
(d) A dress.
8. Leontes promises that he never marries unless Paulina does what?
(a) Remarries first.
(b) Has another child.
(c) Chooses his bride.
(d) Forgives him.
9. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
(a) The happenings of the other characters.
(b) The results of the action.
(c) The feelings of the other characters.
(d) The morals of the story.
10. Florizel introduces Perdita to Leontes as a royal from where?
11. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
(a) To say that the setting of the play changes to Bohemia.
(b) To say that the main characters in the play change.
(c) To say that everyone grows up and are now going to be the focus of the play.
(d) To say that there is no explanation of what is missed during the years that pass.
12. The shepherd and his son are with Polixenes in Sicilia. What emotion do the shepherd and his son feel?
13. What happens to the ship that carries Antigonus and the mariner?
(a) It is swamped by a wave.
(b) It gets lost going home.
(c) It goes down in the storm.
(d) It is hit by lightening.
14. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
(a) He shuts himself up.
(b) He dies.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He becomes a priest.
15. What does Time say he is using to slide over the years between the end of Act three and the beginning of Act four?
(a) His feet.
(b) His flight.
(c) His wings.
(d) His chariot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
2. What does Hermione tell Antigonus that he never sees again, because of this task?
3. What is one object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
4. How many years pass, according to Time?
5. What does Clown find inside the bundle with the infant?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)