|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
(a) That his home is nearby.
(b) That he has money at home.
(c) That he has kinsmen nearby.
(d) That his wife is nearby.
2. What is Polixenes threatening the shepherd and his son with?
3. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
(a) A curse.
(b) A sin.
(c) An art.
(d) A talent.
4. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
(a) A messenger.
(c) Main character.
(d) The Chorus.
5. What does Hermione tell Antigonus to do as he lays the baby down?
(d) Leave milk.
6. Who are Mopsa and Dorcas?
(d) Ladies maids.
7. What does Camillo say that the shepherd has, when asked by Polixenes?
(a) A graceful daughter.
(b) A comic daughter.
(c) A beautiful daughter.
(d) An unusual daughter.
8. An old shepherd enters the scene, complaining that ______ chased away two of his sheep.
(a) The storm.
(b) Lost dogs.
(c) A bear.
(d) Young hunters.
9. What does Time call Perdita?
(a) A noble daughter, lost.
(b) A fair and beautiful maiden.
(c) A shepherd's daughter.
(d) A wondering graceful maiden.
10. Leontes says that Florizel does not marry without what?
(a) His father's money.
(b) Discussing the issue with his father.
(c) His father's approval.
(d) His father's presence.
11. Clown condemns the person called Autolycus and calls him the biggest what, in all of Bohemia?
12. What does Perdita say that some people call her hybrid flowers?
(a) Nature's bastards.
(b) Flower's bastards.
(c) Garden's bastards.
(d) Home-grown flowers.
13. Who points out that Perdita bears a close resemblance to Hermione?
(a) A knight.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A lady.
(d) A lord.
14. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
15. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Antigonus leaves the infant, what does he hear?
2. What does Autolycus say, in an aside, happens to Florizel and Perdita on the ship?
3. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
4. Who tries to convince the Leontes that he feels enough guilt and does enough good to make up for earlier mistakes?
5. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)