|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
(a) A curse.
(b) A sin.
(c) An art.
(d) A talent.
2. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
(a) The happenings of the other characters.
(b) The feelings of the other characters.
(c) The morals of the story.
(d) The results of the action.
3. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Costumes and disguises.
(b) Loyalty and honor.
(c) Patience and thieves.
(d) Truth and justice.
4. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
(a) Something he does not do.
(b) A death.
(c) An act of kindness.
(d) A good thing.
5. What does Clown find inside the bundle with the infant?
(d) A letter.
6. What happens while Clown picks Autolycus off the ground?
(a) Autolycus hits him.
(b) Autolycus falls onto Clown.
(c) Autolycus falls back down.
(d) Autolycus picks his pocket.
7. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
8. What does Autolycus say, in an aside, happens to Florizel and Perdita on the ship?
(a) They get seasick.
(b) They are sick from stress.
(c) They go into hiding.
(d) They aren't listening to anyone.
9. How long is it, at the start of Act four scene twoi, since Camillo sets foot in his home country?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. Perdita fears for her father and says that who are conspiring against her and Florizel?
(a) The gods.
(b) The kings.
(c) Her family.
(d) The fates.
11. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
12. Who are Mopsa and Dorcas?
(a) Ladies maids.
13. What does Florizel tell Leontes is the reason that prevents his father from coming to visit?
(a) Old age.
(c) His wife.
(d) Worries about the kingdom.
14. The shepherd and his son are with Polixenes in Sicilia. What emotion do the shepherd and his son feel?
15. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
(a) The kings call them brother.
(b) The kings give them titles to lands far away.
(c) The kings give them enough money to be gentlemen.
(d) They agree to serve the kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polixenes threatening the shepherd and his son with?
2. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
3. What does Antigonus ask the mariner at the beginning of Act three, scene three?
4. What is Autolycus doing when he exits Act four, scene three?
5. Leontes promises that he never marries unless Paulina does what?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)