|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
(a) Servant to the princess.
(b) Servant to the prince.
(c) Servant to the king.
(d) Servant to the queen.
2. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
(a) The kings call them brother.
(b) The kings give them titles to lands far away.
(c) The kings give them enough money to be gentlemen.
(d) They agree to serve the kings.
3. What is Autolycus doing when he first enters the play?
(a) Snapping his fingers.
4. At the end of Act four, scene two, where do Polixenes and Camillo go?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the throne room.
(c) To the university to find Florizel.
(d) To the shepherd's estate.
5. Where does Polixenes say that Florizel is spending a great deal of time?
(a) At the university.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the house of a young lady.
(d) At a shepherd's estate.
6. Who points out that Perdita bears a close resemblance to Hermione?
(a) A lady.
(b) A knight.
(c) A lord.
(d) A gentleman.
7. What happens to the ship that carries Antigonus and the mariner?
(a) It is swamped by a wave.
(b) It goes down in the storm.
(c) It gets lost going home.
(d) It is hit by lightening.
8. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Florizel as a prince.
(b) Clown as himself.
(c) Florizel as a shepherd.
(d) Autolycus as a thief.
9. What is Autolycus doing when he exits Act four, scene three?
10. Who brings Florizel and Perdita to meet Leontes for the first time?
(a) A servant.
(c) A messenger.
11. What does the mariner think the sky turning dark means?
(a) That the infant is a bastard.
(b) That the infant isn't to be left there.
(c) That there is a storm coming.
(d) That the gods are angry with them.
12. What does Autolycus say, in an aside, happens to Florizel and Perdita on the ship?
(a) They aren't listening to anyone.
(b) They go into hiding.
(c) They are sick from stress.
(d) They get seasick.
13. Florizel confesses that Perdita is not royal, but says she is once what happens?
(a) Once Polixenes makes her royal.
(b) Once Paulina adopts her.
(c) Once Leontes ennobles her.
(d) Once they marry.
14. What does Camillo think returning to his home country does for Leontes?
(a) Relieve some of his guilt.
(b) Allow him to be king again.
(c) Allow him to repent his sins.
(d) Give him peace of mind.
15. According to the stage directions, who enters with Time?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) A messenger.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione tell Antigonus that he never sees again, because of this task?
2. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
3. Who are Mopsa and Dorcas?
4. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
5. What does Time say he is using to slide over the years between the end of Act three and the beginning of Act four?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)