|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camillo say that the shepherd has, when asked by Polixenes?
(a) A comic daughter.
(b) A beautiful daughter.
(c) An unusual daughter.
(d) A graceful daughter.
2. The queen's statue has a reputation as a what?
(b) Holy place.
(d) Wonderful creation.
3. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
4. Where does Clown invite Autolycus to join him and his father at?
(a) The queen's statue.
(b) A ball.
(c) A feast.
(d) A church.
5. What does Hermione tell Antigonus to do as he lays the baby down?
(b) Leave milk.
6. Where does Polixenes say that Florizel is spending a great deal of time?
(a) At the university.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the house of a young lady.
(d) At a shepherd's estate.
7. Florizel says that Polixenes listens to Leontes and does what?
(a) Give in to his requests.
(b) Follow his advice.
(c) Cool down.
(d) Make a better decision.
8. Antigonus tells the infant that it is ______ fault she is cast out in the storm.
(b) His wife's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her mother's.
9. What does Camillo think returning to his home country does for Leontes?
(a) Allow him to be king again.
(b) Give him peace of mind.
(c) Relieve some of his guilt.
(d) Allow him to repent his sins.
10. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Loyalty and honor.
(b) Patience and thieves.
(c) Costumes and disguises.
(d) Truth and justice.
11. What does Perdita say that some people call her hybrid flowers?
(a) Home-grown flowers.
(b) Nature's bastards.
(c) Garden's bastards.
(d) Flower's bastards.
12. Florizel introduces Perdita to Leontes as a royal from where?
13. How many years pass, according to Time?
14. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A scroll.
(c) A crown.
(d) A dress.
15. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
(a) To say that the setting of the play changes to Bohemia.
(b) To say that everyone grows up and are now going to be the focus of the play.
(c) To say that the main characters in the play change.
(d) To say that there is no explanation of what is missed during the years that pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
2. Who points out that Perdita bears a close resemblance to Hermione?
3. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
4. How many men show up, dressed like animals, to perform a dance at the festival?
5. What is Autolycus doing when he exits Act four, scene three?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)