|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A medallion.
2. What is a second object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
(a) Hermione's letter.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) Antigonus' letter.
(d) A letter from Paulina.
3. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
(a) He becomes a priest.
(b) He goes mad.
(c) He dies.
(d) He shuts himself up.
4. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Florizel as a prince.
(b) Clown as himself.
(c) Autolycus as a thief.
(d) Florizel as a shepherd.
5. What is the area where Antigonus and the mariner take the baby known for?
(b) Roaming tribes of nomads.
(d) Wild animals.
6. How long, at the beginning of Act four, scene twoi, is it since Camillo sees Florizel?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
7. Who are Mopsa and Dorcas?
(b) Ladies maids.
8. What happens to the ship that carries Antigonus and the mariner?
(a) It goes down in the storm.
(b) It is swamped by a wave.
(c) It gets lost going home.
(d) It is hit by lightening.
9. What is Polixenes threatening the shepherd and his son with?
10. An old shepherd enters the scene, complaining that ______ chased away two of his sheep.
(a) A bear.
(b) The storm.
(c) Lost dogs.
(d) Young hunters.
11. Camillo says that Florizel is not seen around, and is less involved in what?
(a) His court.
(b) His duties.
(c) His artwork.
(d) His studies.
12. What happens to Antigonus and the mariner?
(a) They are killed by a bear.
(b) They are killed on the ship.
(c) They are killed by a wolf.
(d) They are killed by lightening.
13. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
(a) Servant to the prince.
(b) Servant to the princess.
(c) Servant to the king.
(d) Servant to the queen.
14. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
(a) A curse.
(b) A sin.
(c) An art.
(d) A talent.
15. What does Time call Perdita?
(a) A shepherd's daughter.
(b) A fair and beautiful maiden.
(c) A wondering graceful maiden.
(d) A noble daughter, lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione tell Antigonus to do as he lays the baby down?
2. What is Autolycus doing when he first enters the play?
3. How many pounds of currants does Clown want to buy for the sheep-shearing feast?
4. What does Leontes do to the shepherd who raises Perdita?
5. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)