|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
(a) The kings give them titles to lands far away.
(b) The kings call them brother.
(c) The kings give them enough money to be gentlemen.
(d) They agree to serve the kings.
2. What does Camillo give to Perdita to hide her face while she changes her garments?
(a) Dorcas' cape.
(b) Florizel's hat.
(c) Polixenes' jacket.
(d) Autolycus' hat.
3. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) A good thing.
(c) A death.
(d) Something he does not do.
4. What is one object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A blanket.
5. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
(a) The feelings of the other characters.
(b) The results of the action.
(c) The happenings of the other characters.
(d) The morals of the story.
6. Polixenes asks Camillo to not mention Sicilia anymore because it reminds him of what?
(d) Hermione's daughter.
7. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
(a) To say that the setting of the play changes to Bohemia.
(b) To say that everyone grows up and are now going to be the focus of the play.
(c) To say that there is no explanation of what is missed during the years that pass.
(d) To say that the main characters in the play change.
8. What does Florizel say to reassure Perdita that she doesn't need to fear his father?
(a) That their love is honorable.
(b) That she is extraordinary.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That they are perfect together.
9. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
(a) An art.
(b) A talent.
(c) A sin.
(d) A curse.
10. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
(a) Servant to the prince.
(b) Servant to the princess.
(c) Servant to the king.
(d) Servant to the queen.
11. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
(a) Autolycus describes himself.
(b) Autolycus describes Clown.
(c) Autolycus describes Florizel.
(d) Autolycus describes a different thief.
12. Clown condemns the person called Autolycus and calls him the biggest what, in all of Bohemia?
13. Florizel introduces Perdita to Leontes as a royal from where?
14. Camillo says that Florizel is not seen around, and is less involved in what?
(a) His artwork.
(b) His court.
(c) His studies.
(d) His duties.
15. What does Hermione tell Antigonus to do as he lays the baby down?
(b) Leave milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
2. When Clown enters, he lists of things he needs to buy for what?
3. When Polixenes removes his disguise, what does he tell Perdita to do, or else she is condemned to a painful death?
4. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
5. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)