|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Polixenes characterize the shepherd, based on his intelligence?
2. Perdita tells Florizal that she must win the king's approval to marry him or else do what?
(a) Marry someone else.
(b) Never see him again.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) End her life.
3. Who tells Leontes that Florizel runs off with the daughter of a shepherd?
(a) A lord.
(b) A servant.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A soldier.
4. When the shepherd and Clown figure out who Autolycus really is, what does Autolycus want passed along to the prince?
(a) His request for a position.
(b) His demands.
(c) His regrets.
(d) His well wishes.
5. Autolycus grovels besides Clown and says what happens to him?
(a) He is robbed and left behind.
(b) He is hurt and his clothes are stolen.
(c) He is beaten and blinded.
(d) He is beaten and robbed.
6. What does Hermione tell Antigonus that he never sees again, because of this task?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His home.
(d) His daughters.
7. What does the mariner think the sky turning dark means?
(a) That the infant isn't to be left there.
(b) That the infant is a bastard.
(c) That the gods are angry with them.
(d) That there is a storm coming.
8. What do Autolycus, Dorcas and Mopsa do together?
9. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
(a) To say that everyone grows up and are now going to be the focus of the play.
(b) To say that the main characters in the play change.
(c) To say that there is no explanation of what is missed during the years that pass.
(d) To say that the setting of the play changes to Bohemia.
10. What does Autolycus say, in an aside, happens to Florizel and Perdita on the ship?
(a) They go into hiding.
(b) They aren't listening to anyone.
(c) They get seasick.
(d) They are sick from stress.
11. What does Antigonus ask the mariner at the beginning of Act three, scene three?
(a) If he is certain they are out of their land.
(b) If he is certain there is no one nearby.
(c) If he is certain they are on Bohemia land.
(d) If he is certain they are in the wilderness.
12. How many men show up, dressed like animals, to perform a dance at the festival?
13. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Truth and justice.
(b) Patience and thieves.
(c) Costumes and disguises.
(d) Loyalty and honor.
14. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Autolycus as a thief.
(b) Florizel as a shepherd.
(c) Florizel as a prince.
(d) Clown as himself.
15. Who tries to convince the Leontes that he feels enough guilt and does enough good to make up for earlier mistakes?
(b) A lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
2. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
3. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
4. What does Camillo say that the shepherd has, when asked by Polixenes?
5. What is a second object that is with Perdita, that the shepherd has in a bundle, that proves Perdita is the daughter of Leontes?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)