|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
2. Leontes promises that he never marries unless Paulina does what?
(a) Has another child.
(b) Forgives him.
(c) Chooses his bride.
(d) Remarries first.
3. What is Autolycus wearing in his disguise as a peddler who wants to sing for the group?
(a) A hat.
(b) A coat.
(c) A beard.
(d) A cape.
4. What does Leontes do to the shepherd who raises Perdita?
(a) Keeps him as a servant.
(b) Sends him home.
(c) Thanks him.
(d) Sends him to jail.
5. What does Time say it is in his power to overthrow?
6. How many pounds of currants does Clown want to buy for the sheep-shearing feast?
7. Autolycus grovels besides Clown and says what happens to him?
(a) He is beaten and blinded.
(b) He is hurt and his clothes are stolen.
(c) He is beaten and robbed.
(d) He is robbed and left behind.
8. What does Florizel tell Leontes is the reason that prevents his father from coming to visit?
(a) Old age.
(b) His wife.
(c) Worries about the kingdom.
9. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
(a) Prepare a speech.
(b) Dress properly.
(c) Pray for guidence.
(d) Disguise themselves.
10. What does Time call Perdita?
(a) A noble daughter, lost.
(b) A shepherd's daughter.
(c) A fair and beautiful maiden.
(d) A wondering graceful maiden.
11. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
(a) The results of the action.
(b) The feelings of the other characters.
(c) The morals of the story.
(d) The happenings of the other characters.
12. Antigonus tells the infant that it is ______ fault she is cast out in the storm.
(a) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) His wife's.
13. Who brings Florizel and Perdita to meet Leontes for the first time?
(a) A messenger.
(d) A servant.
14. What is the area where Antigonus and the mariner take the baby known for?
(a) Roaming tribes of nomads.
(b) Wild animals.
15. Who tries to convince the Leontes that he feels enough guilt and does enough good to make up for earlier mistakes?
(d) A lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
2. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
3. Who does Autolycus promise that he changes his ways?
4. What happens to Antigonus and the mariner?
5. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)