|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Patience and thieves.
(b) Loyalty and honor.
(c) Costumes and disguises.
(d) Truth and justice.
2. Leontes says that Florizel does not marry without what?
(a) Discussing the issue with his father.
(b) His father's approval.
(c) His father's presence.
(d) His father's money.
3. What do Autolycus, Dorcas and Mopsa do together?
4. What does Time say he is using to slide over the years between the end of Act three and the beginning of Act four?
(a) His wings.
(b) His flight.
(c) His chariot.
(d) His feet.
5. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
(a) Servant to the prince.
(b) Servant to the princess.
(c) Servant to the queen.
(d) Servant to the king.
6. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
(a) A crown.
(b) A dress.
(c) A scroll.
(d) A birth certificate.
7. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
(a) Autolycus describes Florizel.
(b) Autolycus describes a different thief.
(c) Autolycus describes himself.
(d) Autolycus describes Clown.
8. What does Hermione tell Antigonus to do as he lays the baby down?
(b) Leave milk.
9. Leontes promises that he never marries unless Paulina does what?
(a) Forgives him.
(b) Remarries first.
(c) Has another child.
(d) Chooses his bride.
10. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Florizel as a shepherd.
(b) Autolycus as a thief.
(c) Florizel as a prince.
(d) Clown as himself.
11. What does Florizel tell Leontes is the reason that prevents his father from coming to visit?
(a) Worries about the kingdom.
(b) His wife.
(d) Old age.
12. What does Act four, scene two set up?
(a) The tone of the play.
(b) The comic relief.
(c) The following scenes.
(d) The climax.
13. What is the area where Antigonus and the mariner take the baby known for?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Roaming tribes of nomads.
14. At the end of Act four, scene two, where do Polixenes and Camillo go?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the shepherd's estate.
(c) To the throne room.
(d) To the university to find Florizel.
15. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
(a) The kings give them titles to lands far away.
(b) The kings give them enough money to be gentlemen.
(c) The kings call them brother.
(d) They agree to serve the kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Autolycus doing when he exits Act four, scene three?
2. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
3. Where does Autolycus tell the shepherd and Clown that the king is?
4. Perdita fears for her father and says that who are conspiring against her and Florizel?
5. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)