|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
(a) The morals of the story.
(b) The happenings of the other characters.
(c) The feelings of the other characters.
(d) The results of the action.
2. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He dies.
(c) He becomes a priest.
(d) He shuts himself up.
3. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
(a) A crown.
(b) A scroll.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A dress.
4. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Florizel as a shepherd.
(b) Autolycus as a thief.
(c) Florizel as a prince.
(d) Clown as himself.
5. According to the stage directions, who enters with Time?
(a) No one.
(c) A messenger.
(d) The Chorus.
6. When Clown enters, he lists of things he needs to buy for what?
(a) The sheep-shearing feast.
(b) The household.
(c) His sister.
(d) Nightly dinner.
7. What is Autolycus wearing in his disguise as a peddler who wants to sing for the group?
(a) A beard.
(b) A hat.
(c) A coat.
(d) A cape.
8. At the end of Act four, scene two, where do Polixenes and Camillo go?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the shepherd's estate.
(c) To the university to find Florizel.
(d) To the throne room.
9. When Polixenes removes his disguise, what does he tell Perdita to do, or else she is condemned to a painful death?
(a) Never be near Florizel again.
(b) Leave the kingdom.
(c) Marry the king immediately.
(d) Marry someone else immediately.
10. What is Autolycus doing when he exits Act four, scene three?
11. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
(a) Disguise themselves.
(b) Pray for guidence.
(c) Prepare a speech.
(d) Dress properly.
12. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
13. Perdita fears for her father and says that who are conspiring against her and Florizel?
(a) The kings.
(b) Her family.
(c) The gods.
(d) The fates.
14. Autolycus grovels besides Clown and says what happens to him?
(a) He is hurt and his clothes are stolen.
(b) He is beaten and blinded.
(c) He is robbed and left behind.
(d) He is beaten and robbed.
15. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
(a) That his wife is nearby.
(b) That his home is nearby.
(c) That he has money at home.
(d) That he has kinsmen nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Act four, scene two set up?
2. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
3. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
4. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
5. What does Clown find inside the bundle with the infant?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)