|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
(a) Servant to the princess.
(b) Servant to the king.
(c) Servant to the prince.
(d) Servant to the queen.
2. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Autolycus as a thief.
(b) Florizel as a shepherd.
(c) Florizel as a prince.
(d) Clown as himself.
3. Florizel introduces Perdita to Leontes as a royal from where?
4. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
5. What is the area where Antigonus and the mariner take the baby known for?
(c) Roaming tribes of nomads.
(d) Wild animals.
6. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
(a) That he has kinsmen nearby.
(b) That he has money at home.
(c) That his home is nearby.
(d) That his wife is nearby.
7. What does Clown find inside the bundle with the infant?
(d) A letter.
8. How does Polixenes characterize the shepherd, based on his intelligence?
9. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
(a) Main character.
(b) The Chorus.
(d) A messenger.
10. Autolycus grovels besides Clown and says what happens to him?
(a) He is beaten and robbed.
(b) He is beaten and blinded.
(c) He is hurt and his clothes are stolen.
(d) He is robbed and left behind.
11. How long, at the beginning of Act four, scene twoi, is it since Camillo sees Florizel?
(a) Four days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
12. Clown condemns the person called Autolycus and calls him the biggest what, in all of Bohemia?
13. What happens to the ship that carries Antigonus and the mariner?
(a) It gets lost going home.
(b) It goes down in the storm.
(c) It is swamped by a wave.
(d) It is hit by lightening.
14. What does the mariner think the sky turning dark means?
(a) That there is a storm coming.
(b) That the infant isn't to be left there.
(c) That the gods are angry with them.
(d) That the infant is a bastard.
15. Why are the shepherd and Clown gentlemen?
(a) They agree to serve the kings.
(b) The kings call them brother.
(c) The kings give them titles to lands far away.
(d) The kings give them enough money to be gentlemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clown invite Autolycus to join him and his father at?
2. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
3. What does Paulina identify that shows her husband is dead?
4. Camillo says that Florizel is not seen around, and is less involved in what?
5. Leontes says that Florizel does not marry without what?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)