|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points out that Perdita bears a close resemblance to Hermione?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A lord.
(c) A lady.
(d) A knight.
2. Leontes promises that he never marries unless Paulina does what?
(a) Remarries first.
(b) Has another child.
(c) Forgives him.
(d) Chooses his bride.
3. What is Polixenes threatening the shepherd and his son with?
4. How many years pass, according to Time?
5. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
(a) An act of kindness.
(b) A death.
(c) Something he does not do.
(d) A good thing.
6. What does Camillo say that the shepherd has, when asked by Polixenes?
(a) A comic daughter.
(b) A beautiful daughter.
(c) A graceful daughter.
(d) An unusual daughter.
7. What does Leontes do to the shepherd who raises Perdita?
(a) Sends him to jail.
(b) Keeps him as a servant.
(c) Thanks him.
(d) Sends him home.
8. Who tells Leontes that Florizel runs off with the daughter of a shepherd?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A servant.
(c) A lord.
(d) A messenger.
9. Who are Mopsa and Dorcas?
(b) Ladies maids.
10. What is Autolycus doing when he exits Act four, scene three?
11. According to the stage directions, who enters with Time?
(a) No one.
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
12. What do Autolycus, Dorcas and Mopsa do together?
13. What does Florizel tell Leontes is the reason that prevents his father from coming to visit?
(b) Old age.
(c) Worries about the kingdom.
(d) His wife.
14. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
15. What does Act four, scene two set up?
(a) The climax.
(b) The following scenes.
(c) The tone of the play.
(d) The comic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Act four, scene three introduce?
2. How many men show up, dressed like animals, to perform a dance at the festival?
3. The queen's statue has a reputation as a what?
4. What does Paulina identify that shows her husband is dead?
5. What does Antigonus ask the mariner at the beginning of Act three, scene three?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)