|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Autolycus doing when he first enters the play?
(a) Snapping his fingers.
2. Who brings Florizel and Perdita to meet Leontes for the first time?
(a) A messenger.
(c) A servant.
3. When Polixenes removes his disguise, what does he tell Perdita to do, or else she is condemned to a painful death?
(a) Never be near Florizel again.
(b) Leave the kingdom.
(c) Marry someone else immediately.
(d) Marry the king immediately.
4. What name does Perdita call Florizel, before she knows he is a prince?
5. What do Autolycus, Dorcas and Mopsa do together?
6. The queen's statue has a reputation as a what?
(b) Holy place.
(d) Wonderful creation.
7. Who tells Leontes that Florizel runs off with the daughter of a shepherd?
(a) A servant.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A lord.
(d) A soldier.
8. How does Polixenes characterize the shepherd, based on his intelligence?
9. What does Antigonus ask the mariner at the beginning of Act three, scene three?
(a) If he is certain they are out of their land.
(b) If he is certain they are on Bohemia land.
(c) If he is certain they are in the wilderness.
(d) If he is certain there is no one nearby.
10. What does Time say he is using to slide over the years between the end of Act three and the beginning of Act four?
(a) His flight.
(b) His chariot.
(c) His wings.
(d) His feet.
11. Autolycus serves as a medium to convey what?
(a) The morals of the story.
(b) The results of the action.
(c) The feelings of the other characters.
(d) The happenings of the other characters.
12. Autolycus grovels besides Clown and says what happens to him?
(a) He is hurt and his clothes are stolen.
(b) He is beaten and blinded.
(c) He is robbed and left behind.
(d) He is beaten and robbed.
13. What does Clown find inside the bundle with the infant?
(b) A letter.
14. How old is Perdita in Act four, scene one?
15. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
(a) Autolycus describes himself.
(b) Autolycus describes Clown.
(c) Autolycus describes Florizel.
(d) Autolycus describes a different thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
2. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
3. Polixenes, after hearing Perdita talk about her hybrid flowers, tells her that her ability to breed unique flowers is what?
4. Clown condemns the person called Autolycus and calls him the biggest what, in all of Bohemia?
5. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)