|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Time say he is turning to make the time pass?
(a) His glass.
(b) His hand.
(c) His clock.
(d) His watch.
2. Autolycus grovels besides Clown and says what happens to him?
(a) He is beaten and robbed.
(b) He is hurt and his clothes are stolen.
(c) He is beaten and blinded.
(d) He is robbed and left behind.
3. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
4. Who brings Florizel and Perdita to meet Leontes for the first time?
(a) A servant.
(d) A messenger.
5. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
6. Leontes promises that he never marries unless Paulina does what?
(a) Remarries first.
(b) Has another child.
(c) Chooses his bride.
(d) Forgives him.
7. When Polixenes removes his disguise, what does he tell Perdita to do, or else she is condemned to a painful death?
(a) Marry the king immediately.
(b) Never be near Florizel again.
(c) Marry someone else immediately.
(d) Leave the kingdom.
8. What does Autolycus say, in an aside, happens to Florizel and Perdita on the ship?
(a) They aren't listening to anyone.
(b) They are sick from stress.
(c) They go into hiding.
(d) They get seasick.
9. The queen's statue has a reputation as a what?
(c) Holy place.
(d) Wonderful creation.
10. What happens while Clown picks Autolycus off the ground?
(a) Autolycus hits him.
(b) Autolycus falls onto Clown.
(c) Autolycus picks his pocket.
(d) Autolycus falls back down.
11. When Clown offers Autolycus money, Autolycus says what?
(a) That he has kinsmen nearby.
(b) That his wife is nearby.
(c) That he has money at home.
(d) That his home is nearby.
12. What does Time call Perdita?
(a) A noble daughter, lost.
(b) A wondering graceful maiden.
(c) A shepherd's daughter.
(d) A fair and beautiful maiden.
13. Who does Autolycus say robs him, when Clown asks?
(a) Autolycus describes himself.
(b) Autolycus describes Florizel.
(c) Autolycus describes a different thief.
(d) Autolycus describes Clown.
14. What does Antigonus leave with the baby?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A scroll.
(c) A crown.
(d) A dress.
15. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
(a) He shuts himself up.
(b) He becomes a priest.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Perdita tells Florizal that she must win the king's approval to marry him or else do what?
2. What does Florizel tell Leontes is the reason that prevents his father from coming to visit?
3. How long is it, at the start of Act four scene twoi, since Camillo sets foot in his home country?
4. What is the area where Antigonus and the mariner take the baby known for?
5. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)