|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the Oracle located?
2. Camillo is a lord of what location?
3. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A lord.
(b) A knight.
(c) A duke.
(d) A messenger.
4. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(a) A bad mother.
(b) A witch.
5. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
6. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(a) Full of bad weather.
(b) Filled with riches.
7. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
8. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(a) Known to each other.
9. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) An heir.
(b) A son.
(c) A family.
(d) A wife.
10. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) Fresh horses.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A boat.
(d) More oarsmen.
11. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(b) Never see them married.
(c) Have them sterilized.
(d) Have them taken away to another land.
12. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They do not like it.
(b) They think the king is mad.
(c) They think it is a violent thing.
(d) They claim it is a curse.
13. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The captain.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The guard.
14. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
(b) An oath.
(c) A promise.
15. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) A secret.
(b) Who his father is.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) A story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
2. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
3. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
4. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
5. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)