|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
2. In what country is the Oracle located?
3. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
(b) An oath.
(c) A promise.
4. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With poison in his wine.
(b) By beheading him.
(c) With a dagger at night.
(d) By pushing him off a cliff.
5. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(b) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
(c) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
(d) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
6. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(a) Her ladies.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
7. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are neighboring regions.
(b) They are across a sea.
(c) They are across an ocean.
(d) They are across a river.
8. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries he loses his throne.
(b) He worries his Queen dies.
(c) He worries his crops die.
(d) He worries something bad happens.
9. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
10. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
11. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They think it is a violent thing.
(b) They think the king is mad.
(c) They claim it is a curse.
(d) They do not like it.
12. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
13. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By throwing it into the fire.
(b) By starving it.
(c) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(d) By deserting it on a boat.
14. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(b) Full of bad weather.
(c) Filled with riches.
15. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) Two years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) One year.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
2. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
3. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
4. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
5. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)