|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins a lament.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She cries.
2. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
3. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
4. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
5. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence?
(a) The fact that the king is mad.
(b) The way she lives her life.
(c) The fact that she says she's not guilty.
(d) The way others view her.
6. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With great books and love for their friends.
(b) With great scenery and drinks.
(c) With drinks and love for their friends.
(d) With drinks and food.
7. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries his Queen dies.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries his crops die.
(d) He worries something bad happens.
8. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(b) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(c) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(d) Fight the king until he is dead.
9. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A romance.
(b) A dramedy.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A drama.
10. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
(a) By fire.
(b) By beheading.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By impailment.
11. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) A messenger.
(b) An officer.
(c) A soldier.
12. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(b) A witch.
(c) A bad mother.
13. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(c) The queen.
14. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(b) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(c) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(d) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
15. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
2. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
3. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
4. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
5. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)