|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A message.
(b) A prophecy.
(c) A ruling.
(d) A prayer.
2. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(b) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(c) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(d) Fight the king until he is dead.
3. In what city is the Oracle located?
4. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(c) Known to each other.
5. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Have them taken away to another land.
(b) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(c) Never see them married.
(d) Have them sterilized.
6. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
7. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries something bad happens.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries his Queen dies.
(d) He worries his crops die.
8. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) A son.
(b) An heir.
(c) A family.
(d) A wife.
9. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The king.
(b) The knight.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The guard.
10. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A bad leader.
(b) A petty husband.
(c) A mad king.
(d) A jealous tyrant.
11. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) A story.
(b) Who his father is.
(c) A secret.
(d) That she loves him.
12. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
13. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
(a) Seeing Hermione.
(b) Talking to the king.
(c) Hearing how Hermione is doing.
(d) Seeing his new daughter.
14. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
15. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) A soldier.
(b) An officer.
(d) A messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
2. Who is Maxillius' father?
3. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
4. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
5. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)