|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
2. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
(a) A lord.
(c) A lady.
(d) A servant.
3. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
(a) Hearing how Hermione is doing.
(b) Seeing Hermione.
(c) Talking to the king.
(d) Seeing his new daughter.
4. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) An officer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A messenger.
5. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their servant.
(b) Their prisoner.
(c) Their enemy.
(d) Their family.
6. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(c) Have them sterilized.
(d) Have them taken away to another land.
7. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming trial.
(b) The upcoming death.
(c) The upcoming sacrifice.
(d) The upcoming marriage.
8. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The temple of Zeus.
(c) The temple of the gods.
(d) The church yard.
9. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(b) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(c) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(d) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
10. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She is afraid no one says yes.
(b) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(c) She doesn't know who to ask.
(d) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
11. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries something bad happens.
(b) He worries his crops die.
(c) He worries he loses his throne.
(d) He worries his Queen dies.
12. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The guard.
(b) The captain.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The soldier.
13. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By starving it.
(b) By deserting it on a boat.
(c) By throwing it into the fire.
(d) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
14. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(b) A bad mother.
(c) A witch.
15. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
2. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
3. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
4. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
5. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)