|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(c) Have them taken away to another land.
(d) Have them sterilized.
2. In what country is the Oracle located?
3. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
4. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(b) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(c) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(d) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
5. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The guard.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The captain.
6. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She begins a lament.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She runs away.
7. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With great scenery and drinks.
(b) With drinks and love for their friends.
(c) With great books and love for their friends.
(d) With drinks and food.
8. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know who to ask.
(b) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(c) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(d) She is afraid no one says yes.
9. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
10. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The ruling from the Oracle.
(b) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
(c) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
(d) The prophecy from the Oracle.
11. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is friendly.
(b) That she is innocent.
(c) That she is a good Queen.
(d) That she is a good mother.
12. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries his crops die.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries something bad happens.
(d) He worries his Queen dies.
13. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
14. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A petty husband.
(b) A mad king.
(c) A jealous tyrant.
(d) A bad leader.
15. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
(a) Their wives.
(b) The right woman.
(c) The most beautiful women.
(d) The love of their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
2. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
3. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
4. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
5. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)