|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
2. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
3. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries something bad happens.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries his Queen dies.
(d) He worries his crops die.
4. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By making her a servant.
(b) By drowining her.
(c) By imprisoning her.
(d) By burning her wth fire.
5. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A romance.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A drama.
(d) A dramedy.
6. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She is afraid no one says yes.
(b) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(c) She doesn't know who to ask.
(d) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
7. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once a week.
8. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(b) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
(c) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
(d) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
9. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(b) Full of bad weather.
(d) Filled with riches.
10. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Talk with him.
11. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The church yard.
(c) The temple of the gods.
(d) The temple of Zeus.
12. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
13. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) Nine months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) 18 months.
14. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(a) The queen.
15. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
2. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
3. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
4. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
5. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)