|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
2. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They claim it is a curse.
(b) They think it is a violent thing.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They think the king is mad.
3. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The knight.
(c) The guard.
(d) The king.
4. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With poison in his wine.
(b) With a dagger at night.
(c) By pushing him off a cliff.
(d) By beheading him.
5. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She begins a lament.
(d) She cries.
6. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
(a) The most beautiful women.
(b) The love of their lives.
(c) The right woman.
(d) Their wives.
7. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The temple of Zeus.
(c) The church yard.
(d) The temple of the gods.
8. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(b) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
(c) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
(d) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
9. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to his mother's absence.
(b) Due to his father's ranting.
(c) Due to stress.
(d) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
10. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Talk with him.
(d) Sit down.
11. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
12. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a day.
13. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is a good mother.
(b) That she is a good Queen.
(c) That she is friendly.
(d) That she is innocent.
14. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) An heir.
(b) A family.
(c) A son.
(d) A wife.
15. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A knight.
(b) A lord.
(c) A duke.
(d) A messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
2. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
3. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
4. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
5. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)