|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A soldier.
(d) An officer.
2. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By starving it.
(b) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(c) By throwing it into the fire.
(d) By deserting it on a boat.
3. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A bad leader.
(b) A petty husband.
(c) A mad king.
(d) A jealous tyrant.
4. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(a) A nurse.
(c) Her ladies.
(d) A doctor.
5. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
(a) With them the whole time.
(b) With them at the beginning, and then he leaves.
(c) Out in the hall.
(d) Outside the door.
6. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To move on.
(b) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(c) To eliminate a traitor.
(d) To ease the dishonor she causes.
7. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
8. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
9. Who is Maxillius?
(a) The young Prince of Italia.
(b) The young Prince of Bohemia.
(c) The young Prince of Sicilia.
(d) The young Prince of Latvia.
10. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That her husband wants her dead.
(b) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
(c) That she is seperated from her children.
(d) That the people believe she is a traitor.
11. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) More oarsmen.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A boat.
(d) Fresh horses.
12. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The guard.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The king.
(d) The knight.
13. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
(c) Her ladies.
(d) Her handmaiden.
14. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
15. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are neighboring regions.
(b) They are across an ocean.
(c) They are across a river.
(d) They are across a sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
2. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
3. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
4. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
5. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)