|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
(a) A lord.
(b) A servant.
(d) A lady.
2. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
(c) An oath.
(d) A promise.
3. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By drowining her.
(b) By imprisoning her.
(c) By burning her wth fire.
(d) By making her a servant.
4. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
5. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With drinks and food.
(b) With drinks and love for their friends.
(c) With great scenery and drinks.
(d) With great books and love for their friends.
6. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Her ladies.
7. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once a week.
8. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A mad king.
(b) A jealous tyrant.
(c) A bad leader.
(d) A petty husband.
9. In what country is the Oracle located?
10. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(a) Sacrifice his own children.
(c) Sacrifice his own life.
11. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
(a) The love of their lives.
(b) Their wives.
(c) The right woman.
(d) The most beautiful women.
12. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
(b) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(c) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
(d) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
13. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
14. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(b) Fight the king until he is dead.
(c) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(d) Fight the king because he is wrong.
15. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
2. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
3. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
4. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
5. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)