|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
2. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
3. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(b) The original sin.
4. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A romance.
(c) A dramedy.
(d) A drama.
5. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
6. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are across a river.
(b) They are across an ocean.
(c) They are neighboring regions.
(d) They are across a sea.
7. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) A soldier.
(b) An officer.
(c) A messenger.
8. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
9. In what city is the Oracle located?
10. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(a) A nurse.
(c) Her ladies.
(d) A doctor.
11. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
12. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence?
(a) The fact that the king is mad.
(b) The fact that she says she's not guilty.
(c) The way others view her.
(d) The way she lives her life.
13. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
(a) Outside the door.
(b) With them at the beginning, and then he leaves.
(c) With them the whole time.
(d) Out in the hall.
14. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By making her a servant.
(b) By imprisoning her.
(c) By burning her wth fire.
(d) By drowining her.
15. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
2. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
3. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
4. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
5. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)