|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the Oracle located?
2. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) An heir.
(b) A son.
(c) A wife.
(d) A family.
3. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Her ladies.
4. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(b) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(c) Fight the king until he is dead.
(d) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
5. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
(a) A war with each other.
(b) A conference with each other.
(c) A visit with each other.
(d) A trade agreement with each other.
6. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A message.
(c) A ruling.
(d) A prophecy.
7. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(b) The queen.
8. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
9. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
10. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
11. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By imprisoning her.
(b) By burning her wth fire.
(c) By making her a servant.
(d) By drowining her.
12. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) A messenger.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An officer.
13. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their servant.
(b) Their enemy.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their prisoner.
14. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
15. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(a) A witch.
(d) A bad mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence?
2. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
3. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
4. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
5. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)