|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The temple of the gods.
(c) The church yard.
(d) The temple of Zeus.
2. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them taken away to another land.
(c) Have them sterilized.
(d) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
3. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The captain.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The guard.
4. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
5. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
(a) A nanny.
(b) The ladies.
(c) A knight.
(d) A servant.
6. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(b) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(c) That her unborn baby survives.
(d) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
7. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
(b) That he does not.
(c) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(d) That he does if she lets him.
8. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
9. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A message.
(c) A ruling.
(d) A prophecy.
10. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
11. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Twice a day.
12. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A knight.
(b) A lord.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A duke.
13. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
14. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own life.
(c) Sacrifice his own children.
15. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) A family.
(b) A son.
(c) A wife.
(d) An heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
2. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
3. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
4. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
5. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)