|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With a dagger at night.
(b) By pushing him off a cliff.
(c) With poison in his wine.
(d) By beheading him.
2. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
3. Camillo is a lord of what location?
4. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A drama.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A romance.
(d) A dramedy.
5. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does not.
(b) That he does if she lets him.
(c) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(d) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
6. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(b) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(c) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(d) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
7. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(b) The guard.
8. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
9. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The captain.
(b) The soldier.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The guard.
10. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their enemy.
(c) Their servant.
(d) Their prisoner.
11. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A nanny.
12. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) A son.
(b) A wife.
(c) An heir.
(d) A family.
13. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
(a) That Hermione leaves the country.
(b) That Hermione is not guilty.
(c) That Hermione divorces the king.
(d) That Hermione lives.
14. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
15. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
2. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
3. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
4. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
5. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)