|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(a) Sacrifice his own children.
(d) Sacrifice his own life.
2. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
3. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A dramedy.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A romance.
(d) A drama.
4. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(b) Full of bad weather.
(c) Filled with riches.
5. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming trial.
(b) The upcoming death.
(c) The upcoming marriage.
(d) The upcoming sacrifice.
6. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
(a) The poor.
(b) The animals.
(c) The priests.
(d) The gods.
7. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
(a) That Hermione divorces the king.
(b) That Hermione is not guilty.
(c) That Hermione lives.
(d) That Hermione leaves the country.
8. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(c) A witch.
(d) A bad mother.
9. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to his father's ranting.
(b) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(c) Due to stress.
(d) Due to his mother's absence.
10. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is a good Queen.
(b) That she is innocent.
(c) That she is friendly.
(d) That she is a good mother.
11. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The guard.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The captain.
12. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(b) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(c) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(d) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
13. Who is Maxillius?
(a) The young Prince of Sicilia.
(b) The young Prince of Latvia.
(c) The young Prince of Bohemia.
(d) The young Prince of Italia.
14. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
15. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
2. In what city is the Oracle located?
3. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
4. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
5. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)