|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king until he is dead.
(b) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(c) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(d) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
2. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She begins a lament.
(d) She runs away.
3. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A jealous tyrant.
(b) A bad leader.
(c) A petty husband.
(d) A mad king.
4. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The prophecy from the Oracle.
(b) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
(c) The ruling from the Oracle.
(d) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
5. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
6. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With drinks and love for their friends.
(b) With drinks and food.
(c) With great books and love for their friends.
(d) With great scenery and drinks.
7. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
8. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That her husband wants her dead.
(b) That she is seperated from her children.
(c) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(d) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
9. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own children.
(c) Sacrifice his own life.
10. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
(a) The right woman.
(b) The love of their lives.
(c) The most beautiful women.
(d) Their wives.
11. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
12. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
13. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They think it is a violent thing.
(b) They think the king is mad.
(c) They claim it is a curse.
(d) They do not like it.
14. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The knight.
(c) The king.
(d) The guard.
15. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
(a) In madness.
(b) In fantasy.
(c) In his mind.
(d) In his dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
2. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
3. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
4. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
5. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)