|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A message.
(b) A ruling.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A prophecy.
2. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are across a river.
(b) They are across a sea.
(c) They are across an ocean.
(d) They are neighboring regions.
3. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They think it is a violent thing.
(b) They think the king is mad.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They claim it is a curse.
4. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(b) That he does if she lets him.
(c) That he does not.
(d) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
5. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That she is seperated from her children.
(b) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
(c) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(d) That her husband wants her dead.
6. Who is Maxillius' father?
7. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
(b) A lady.
(c) A lord.
(d) A servant.
8. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
9. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
(a) By fire.
(b) By impailment.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By beheading.
10. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(a) Filled with riches.
(b) Full of bad weather.
11. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To eliminate a traitor.
(b) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(c) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(d) To move on.
12. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The captain.
(b) The guard.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The soldier.
13. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
(a) A trade agreement with each other.
(b) A visit with each other.
(c) A war with each other.
(d) A conference with each other.
14. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
15. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby survives.
(b) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(c) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(d) That her unborn baby is a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence?
2. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
3. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
4. Who is Paulina?
5. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)