|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The prophecy from the Oracle.
(b) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
(c) The ruling from the Oracle.
(d) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
2. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) A soldier.
(c) A messenger.
(d) An officer.
3. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(b) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(c) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(d) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
4. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
(a) Hearing how Hermione is doing.
(b) Seeing Hermione.
(c) Seeing his new daughter.
(d) Talking to the king.
5. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Have them taken away to another land.
(b) Have them sterilized.
(c) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(d) Never see them married.
6. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
7. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(b) The queen.
8. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
(a) In his dream.
(b) In fantasy.
(c) In his mind.
(d) In madness.
9. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Three times a day.
10. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
11. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
12. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
13. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) Who his father is.
(b) A story.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) A secret.
14. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries his Queen dies.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries his crops die.
(d) He worries something bad happens.
15. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(b) By starving it.
(c) By deserting it on a boat.
(d) By throwing it into the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
2. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
3. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
4. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
5. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)