|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming marriage.
(b) The upcoming death.
(c) The upcoming trial.
(d) The upcoming sacrifice.
2. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries his Queen dies.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries his crops die.
(d) He worries something bad happens.
3. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
4. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
(a) Her ladies.
(d) Her handmaiden.
5. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
6. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king until he is dead.
(b) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(c) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(d) Fight the king because he is wrong.
7. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(b) That he does if she lets him.
(c) That he does not.
(d) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
8. In what city is the Oracle located?
9. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
10. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(b) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(c) She is afraid no one says yes.
(d) She doesn't know who to ask.
11. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) Nine months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) 18 months.
12. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
13. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins a lament.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs away.
14. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The prophecy from the Oracle.
(b) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
(c) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
(d) The ruling from the Oracle.
15. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own life.
(c) Sacrifice his own children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
2. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
3. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
4. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
5. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)