|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
2. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She begins a lament.
3. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming trial.
(b) The upcoming death.
(c) The upcoming marriage.
(d) The upcoming sacrifice.
4. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
5. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
6. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(b) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
(c) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
(d) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
7. Camillo is a lord of what location?
8. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A ruling.
(b) A message.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A prophecy.
9. Who is Paulina?
(a) Antigonus' wife.
(b) Maxillius' nanny.
(c) One of Hermione's ladies.
(d) A servant.
10. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
11. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is a good Queen.
(b) That she is innocent.
(c) That she is friendly.
(d) That she is a good mother.
12. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(b) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(c) That her unborn baby survives.
(d) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
13. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(c) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(d) She says she wants to confess the truth.
14. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence?
(a) The way others view her.
(b) The fact that she says she's not guilty.
(c) The way she lives her life.
(d) The fact that the king is mad.
15. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
2. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
3. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
4. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
5. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)