|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
2. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With poison in his wine.
(b) By pushing him off a cliff.
(c) By beheading him.
(d) With a dagger at night.
3. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(a) The original sin.
4. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A boat.
(c) More oarsmen.
(d) Fresh horses.
5. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A jealous tyrant.
(b) A bad leader.
(c) A mad king.
(d) A petty husband.
6. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
7. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
8. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(b) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(c) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(d) Fight the king until he is dead.
9. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(c) A bad mother.
(d) A witch.
10. Who is Maxillius?
(a) The young Prince of Sicilia.
(b) The young Prince of Italia.
(c) The young Prince of Bohemia.
(d) The young Prince of Latvia.
11. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
12. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She is afraid no one says yes.
(b) She doesn't know who to ask.
(c) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(d) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
13. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) Who his father is.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) A secret.
(d) A story.
14. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?
(a) An officer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A messenger.
15. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A lord.
(c) A lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
2. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
3. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
4. Who is Paulina?
5. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)