|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming death.
(b) The upcoming marriage.
(c) The upcoming sacrifice.
(d) The upcoming trial.
2. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(c) The queen.
3. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A romance.
(d) A dramedy.
4. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries he loses his throne.
(b) He worries something bad happens.
(c) He worries his crops die.
(d) He worries his Queen dies.
5. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
(a) In madness.
(b) In fantasy.
(c) In his mind.
(d) In his dream.
6. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(b) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(c) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(d) That her unborn baby survives.
7. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
(b) The ruling from the Oracle.
(c) The prophecy from the Oracle.
(d) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
8. Camillo is a lord of what location?
9. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
10. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With a dagger at night.
(b) By beheading him.
(c) With poison in his wine.
(d) By pushing him off a cliff.
11. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) Fresh horses.
(b) A boat.
(c) More oarsmen.
(d) A carriage.
12. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one?
13. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
14. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The guard.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The captain.
15. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With great books and love for their friends.
(b) With great scenery and drinks.
(c) With drinks and food.
(d) With drinks and love for their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
2. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
3. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
4. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
5. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)