|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is a good mother.
(b) That she is innocent.
(c) That she is friendly.
(d) That she is a good Queen.
2. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(d) The guard.
3. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(b) Known to each other.
4. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
(b) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(c) That he does if she lets him.
(d) That he does not.
5. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
6. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
7. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once a week.
8. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) More oarsmen.
(b) Fresh horses.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A boat.
9. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
10. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
11. In what country is the Oracle located?
12. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
13. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where?
(a) In his dream.
(b) In his mind.
(c) In fantasy.
(d) In madness.
14. Who is Paulina?
(a) A servant.
(b) Antigonus' wife.
(c) Maxillius' nanny.
(d) One of Hermione's ladies.
15. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
(a) They claim it is a curse.
(b) They think the king is mad.
(c) They think it is a violent thing.
(d) They do not like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
2. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
3. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
4. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
5. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)