|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A dramedy.
(b) A romance.
(c) A drama.
(d) A comedy.
2. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(a) The queen.
3. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
4. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries he loses his throne.
(b) He worries something bad happens.
(c) He worries his Queen dies.
(d) He worries his crops die.
5. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
(b) A witch.
(c) A bad mother.
6. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) An heir.
(b) A family.
(c) A wife.
(d) A son.
7. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A petty husband.
(b) A jealous tyrant.
(c) A mad king.
(d) A bad leader.
8. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are across a river.
(b) They are neighboring regions.
(c) They are across an ocean.
(d) They are across a sea.
9. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
(a) A knight.
(b) A servant.
(c) The ladies.
(d) A nanny.
10. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
11. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
12. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The guard.
(b) The king.
(c) The knight.
(d) Her husband.
13. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(b) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(c) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(d) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
14. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
(a) The animals.
(b) The poor.
(c) The priests.
(d) The gods.
15. In what city is the Oracle located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
2. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
3. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
4. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
5. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)