|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A mad king.
(b) A petty husband.
(c) A jealous tyrant.
(d) A bad leader.
2. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own children.
(c) Sacrifice his own life.
3. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them taken away to another land.
(c) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(d) Have them sterilized.
4. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
5. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A servant.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A nanny.
6. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A ruling.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A message.
(d) A prophecy.
7. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(b) The original sin.
8. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(b) To move on.
(c) To eliminate a traitor.
(d) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
9. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(b) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(c) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(d) She says she wants to confess the truth.
10. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The guard.
(c) The king.
(d) The knight.
11. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The soldier.
(b) The guard.
(c) The captain.
(d) Her husband.
12. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The guard.
13. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming marriage.
(b) The upcoming sacrifice.
(c) The upcoming trial.
(d) The upcoming death.
14. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Her ladies.
15. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
(a) With drinks and love for their friends.
(b) With great books and love for their friends.
(c) With great scenery and drinks.
(d) With drinks and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
2. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
3. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
4. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
5. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)