|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
(a) A boat.
(b) More oarsmen.
(c) A carriage.
(d) Fresh horses.
2. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(c) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(d) She says she wants to confess the truth.
3. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
4. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
5. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) An heir.
(b) A family.
(c) A son.
(d) A wife.
6. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
(a) The priests.
(b) The poor.
(c) The animals.
(d) The gods.
7. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By throwing it into the fire.
(b) By starving it.
(c) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(d) By deserting it on a boat.
8. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(a) Full of bad weather.
(c) Filled with riches.
9. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
10. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
11. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The knight.
(b) The guard.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The king.
12. In what country is the Oracle located?
13. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(b) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
(c) That he does not.
(d) That he does if she lets him.
14. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The soldier.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The captain.
(d) The guard.
15. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(b) Due to his mother's absence.
(c) Due to his father's ranting.
(d) Due to stress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
2. In what city is the Oracle located?
3. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
4. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
5. Who is Maxillius?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)