|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(b) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(c) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(d) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
2. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
(a) The soldier.
(b) The guard.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The captain.
3. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence?
(a) The fact that the king is mad.
(b) The fact that she says she's not guilty.
(c) The way she lives her life.
(d) The way others view her.
4. The regions that Camillo and Archidamus are from are located where, in relation to each other?
(a) They are neighboring regions.
(b) They are across a river.
(c) They are across an ocean.
(d) They are across a sea.
5. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) 18 months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Nine months.
(d) One year.
6. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
7. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
8. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(a) Known to each other.
9. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
(a) Seeing Hermione.
(b) Hearing how Hermione is doing.
(c) Talking to the king.
(d) Seeing his new daughter.
10. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
(b) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
(c) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(d) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
11. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(b) That she is seperated from her children.
(c) That her husband wants her dead.
(d) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
12. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one?
(a) The upcoming death.
(b) The upcoming marriage.
(c) The upcoming trial.
(d) The upcoming sacrifice.
13. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A servant.
(d) A messenger.
14. Camillo is a lord of what location?
15. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins a lament.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
2. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
3. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
4. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
5. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)