Short Essay Questions Key
1. In Act one, scene one, how does Camillo explain the kings' inability to visit each other?
Camillo says that the kings are not able to visit each other because of their royal obligations.
2. What is the history behind the friendship of the kings?
The two kings grow up together and forge a strong friendship.
3. Why is Act one, scene one important?
Act one, scene one is important because it gives background to the play. Without the background, the play does not make sense.
4. When Archidamus invites Camillo to Bohemia, how does Archidamus describe Bohemia?
Archidamus says that Bohemia's entertainment may be lacking, but they make up for it with drinks and love for their friends from Sicilia.
5. How does Hermione convince Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes?
Hermione convinces Polixenes to stay and extend his visit with Leontes by offering him a choice: He can stay as a friend or stay as a prisoner and pay his prisoner fees, with the thanks he is trying to give her and her husband right then.
This section contains 2,660 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)