|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to stress.
(b) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(c) Due to his father's ranting.
(d) Due to his mother's absence.
2. Polixenes thinks that to grant Camillo's wish to go home is what?
(a) A good thing.
(b) An act of kindness.
(c) Something he does not do.
(d) A death.
3. What theme does Act four, scene three introduce?
(a) Costumes and disguises.
(b) Loyalty and honor.
(c) Patience and thieves.
(d) Truth and justice.
4. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
5. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The guard.
(b) The knight.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
2. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
3. What is Autolycus' occupation before becoming a rogue?
4. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
5. What does Antigonus ask the mariner at the beginning of Act three, scene three?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)