|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the stage directions, who enters with Time?
(a) A messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) No one.
2. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A drama.
(b) A dramedy.
(c) A romance.
(d) A comedy.
3. Antigonus tells the infant that it is ______ fault she is cast out in the storm.
(a) His wife's.
(b) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
4. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
(b) An oath.
(d) A promise.
5. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
2. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
3. Before Polixenes and Camillo go away together, what does Polixenes say they must do?
4. What does Time say it is in his power to overthrow?
5. Where does Polixenes say that Florizel is spending a great deal of time?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)