|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Polixenes say that Florizel is spending a great deal of time?
(a) At the university.
(b) At a shepherd's estate.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the house of a young lady.
2. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?
(a) That Hermione lives.
(b) That Hermione divorces the king.
(c) That Hermione is not guilty.
(d) That Hermione leaves the country.
3. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By starving it.
(b) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(c) By throwing it into the fire.
(d) By deserting it on a boat.
4. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
5. What does the mariner think the sky turning dark means?
(a) That the gods are angry with them.
(b) That the infant is a bastard.
(c) That there is a storm coming.
(d) That the infant isn't to be left there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes asks Camillo to not mention Sicilia anymore because it reminds him of what?
2. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
3. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
4. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
5. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)