|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
2. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
3. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(c) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(d) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
4. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
(a) Known to each other.
5. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king until he is dead.
(b) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(c) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(d) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
2. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
3. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
4. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
5. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)