|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) A story.
(b) Who his father is.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) A secret.
2. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins a lament.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs away.
3. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?
(b) Full of bad weather.
(c) Filled with riches.
4. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does if she lets him.
(b) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
(c) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(d) That he does not.
5. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(b) She doesn't know who to ask.
(c) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(d) She is afraid no one says yes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
2. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
3. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
4. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
5. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)