|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
(a) With a dagger at night.
(b) By pushing him off a cliff.
(c) By beheading him.
(d) With poison in his wine.
2. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A jealous tyrant.
(b) A petty husband.
(c) A mad king.
(d) A bad leader.
3. Who is Maxillius' father?
4. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A drama.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A romance.
(d) A dramedy.
5. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
2. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
3. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
4. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
5. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)