|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The prophecy from the Oracle.
(b) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
(c) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
(d) The ruling from the Oracle.
2. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She is afraid no one says yes.
(b) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(c) She doesn't know who to ask.
(d) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
3. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
4. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
5. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
(a) The poor.
(b) The animals.
(c) The gods.
(d) The priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
2. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
3. In what country is the Oracle located?
4. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
5. Who is Maxillius' father?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)