|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
2. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
(a) For not telling him that Polixenes is staying.
(b) For not telling him that Hermione is pregnant.
(c) For not telling him that his wife is unfaithful.
(d) For not telling him that they are out of wine.
3. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The knight.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The guard.
(d) The king.
4. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By imprisoning her.
(b) By drowining her.
(c) By making her a servant.
(d) By burning her wth fire.
5. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby survives.
(b) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(c) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(d) That her unborn baby is a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
2. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
3. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what?
4. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
5. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)