|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leontes want his wife killed?
(a) By beheading.
(b) By drowning.
(c) By impailment.
(d) By fire.
2. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) Who his father is.
(b) A story.
(c) A secret.
(d) That she loves him.
3. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A lord.
(c) A knight.
(d) A duke.
4. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to?
(a) The seal on the message from the Oracle.
(b) The expression of Apollo's pleasure with the Oracle.
(c) The prophecy from the Oracle.
(d) The ruling from the Oracle.
5. What emotion is Leontes feeling the need to act out on his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
2. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
3. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
4. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
5. In what country is the Oracle located?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)