|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To eliminate a traitor.
(b) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(c) To move on.
(d) To ease the dishonor she causes.
2. In what country is the Oracle located?
3. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
4. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?
(a) The church yard.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The temple of the gods.
(d) The temple of Zeus.
5. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(b) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(c) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(d) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione?
2. The kings that Camillo and Archidamus live under are what?
3. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
4. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
5. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)