|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
(d) The original sin.
2. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
3. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(b) The guard.
4. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(b) She is afraid no one says yes.
(c) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(d) She doesn't know who to ask.
5. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
2. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
3. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
4. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
5. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)