|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A dramedy.
(d) A romance.
2. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The king.
(c) The knight.
(d) The guard.
3. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(b) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(c) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(d) That her unborn baby survives.
4. What does Paulina think causes the king to see his mistake?
(a) Seeing his new daughter.
(b) Talking to the king.
(c) Hearing how Hermione is doing.
(d) Seeing Hermione.
5. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
(a) The most beautiful women.
(b) The love of their lives.
(c) Their wives.
(d) The right woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
2. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
3. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
4. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
5. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)