|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) The guard.
2. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(b) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(c) That her unborn baby survives.
(d) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
3. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(b) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(c) She is afraid no one says yes.
(d) She doesn't know who to ask.
4. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
5. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their servant.
(b) Their family.
(c) Their prisoner.
(d) Their enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
2. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
3. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
4. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
5. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)