|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
2. Archidamus is a lord of what location?
3. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(b) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(c) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
(d) That her unborn baby survives.
4. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
(a) He worries something bad happens.
(b) He worries he loses his throne.
(c) He worries his crops die.
(d) He worries his Queen dies.
5. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Her ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
2. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
3. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
4. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
5. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)