|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
(a) A dramedy.
(b) A romance.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A drama.
2. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
(a) That she is a good Queen.
(b) That she is friendly.
(c) That she is a good mother.
(d) That she is innocent.
3. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
4. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
(a) The ladies.
(b) A knight.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A servant.
5. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) Nine months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
2. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
3. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
4. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
5. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)