|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
(b) Her ladies.
(d) Her handmaiden.
2. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
3. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
(a) A knight.
(b) A duke.
(c) A lord.
(d) A messenger.
4. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) Who his father is.
(b) A secret.
(c) A story.
(d) That she loves him.
5. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
(a) That her unborn baby is Polixenes.
(b) That her unborn baby survives.
(c) That her unborn baby is a girl.
(d) That her unborn baby is from an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
2. When Archidamus invites Camillo for a visit, what does he say is lacking at his home?
3. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
4. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
5. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)