|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
2. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
3. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(d) Her ladies.
4. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
5. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(b) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(c) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(d) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act one, scene one sets up the ______ that the play is based on.
2. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
3. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
4. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
5. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)