|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
(b) Sacrifice his own children.
(c) Sacrifice his own life.
2. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?
3. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A ruling.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A message.
(d) A prophecy.
4. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(b) To move on.
(c) To eliminate a traitor.
(d) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
5. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The guard.
(c) The king.
(d) The knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
2. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
3. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies?
4. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
5. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)