|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
(b) The guard.
2. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
(a) With them at the beginning, and then he leaves.
(b) With them the whole time.
(c) Outside the door.
(d) Out in the hall.
3. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(c) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
(d) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
4. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(b) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(c) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
(d) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
5. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By deserting it on a boat.
(b) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(c) By throwing it into the fire.
(d) By starving it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maxillius?
2. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
3. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
4. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
5. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)