|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
2. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
(a) A prophecy.
(b) A ruling.
(c) A message.
(d) A prayer.
3. Who is Maxillius' father?
4. Leontes scolds Antigonus for not keeping his wife in line and says he punishes Paulina how?
(a) By imprisoning her.
(b) By making her a servant.
(c) By burning her wth fire.
(d) By drowining her.
5. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does not.
(b) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(c) That he does if she lets him.
(d) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
2. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
3. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
4. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
5. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)