|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
(a) Her ladies.
(d) Her handmaiden.
2. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(b) To move on.
(c) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(d) To eliminate a traitor.
3. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(b) By throwing it into the fire.
(c) By starving it.
(d) By deserting it on a boat.
4. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king until he is dead.
(b) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(c) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(d) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
5. Antigonus speaks to the baby and says that _____ are its caretakers.
(a) The poor.
(b) The priests.
(c) The animals.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
2. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
3. How does Archidamus plan on making up for what is lacking at his home?
4. Who does Paulina assure that she protects from punishment for allowing her to take the baby out of the prison?
5. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)