|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
2. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
3. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
(a) A secret.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) A story.
(d) Who his father is.
4. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(b) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(c) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(d) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
5. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
(a) Never see them married.
(b) Have them sterilized.
(c) Have them imprisoned with Hermione.
(d) Have them taken away to another land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does Shakespeare list "The Winter's Tale" as?
2. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
3. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
4. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
5. What is the theme of Act one, scene one?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)