|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(b) Due to his mother's absence.
(c) Due to his father's ranting.
(d) Due to stress.
2. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
(a) Leontes doesn't reassure Polixenes that everything is well.
(b) Leontes reads Polixenes a letter from his Queen saying everything is well.
(c) Leontes has a messenger tell Polixenes that everything is well.
(d) Leontes says that they are notified the day before that everything is well.
3. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(b) She is afraid no one says yes.
(c) She doesn't know who to ask.
(d) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
4. Camillo and Archidamus' kings are long overdue for what?
(a) A visit with each other.
(b) A conference with each other.
(c) A trade agreement with each other.
(d) A war with each other.
5. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(b) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(c) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(d) Fight the king until he is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paulina?
2. When is "The Winter's Tale" first published?
3. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
4. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
5. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)