|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To move on.
(b) To eliminate a traitor.
(c) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(d) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
2. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
(b) The queen.
3. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to stress.
(b) Due to his mother's absence.
(c) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(d) Due to his father's ranting.
4. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(b) By throwing it into the fire.
(c) By deserting it on a boat.
(d) By starving it.
5. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
(a) He becomes a priest.
(b) He shuts himself up.
(c) He dies.
(d) He goes mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
2. When Leontes sees Paulina, what does he tell her to do?
3. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
4. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
5. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)