|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She begins a lament.
2. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Three times a day.
3. What quality does Paulina show towards the queen?
4. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(b) By throwing it into the fire.
(c) By deserting it on a boat.
(d) By starving it.
5. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A petty husband.
(b) A jealous tyrant.
(c) A bad leader.
(d) A mad king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who allows Paulina to take the baby out of the prison?
2. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
3. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
4. Who delivers the young baby to Paulina?
5. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)