|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
(a) She says she wants to confront the king with the truth.
(b) She says she wants to ease the king's mind.
(c) She says she wants to confess the truth.
(d) She says she is bringing truth to ease his unrest.
2. Why does Mamillius fall ill?
(a) Due to his mother's absence.
(b) Due to stress.
(c) Due to the shame of the situation with his parents.
(d) Due to his father's ranting.
3. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Main character.
4. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
(a) Nine months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
5. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
(a) A jealous tyrant.
(b) A mad king.
(c) A petty husband.
(d) A bad leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
2. The king is the only person who believes that Hermione is what?
3. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
4. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
5. How many years pass, according to Time?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)