|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) A family.
(b) A wife.
(c) A son.
(d) An heir.
2. Who tells the king that the queen dies?
(a) A servant.
(c) A lady.
(d) A lord.
3. What does Time say he is turning to make the time pass?
(a) His hand.
(b) His glass.
(c) His watch.
(d) His clock.
4. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
(a) To say that everyone grows up and are now going to be the focus of the play.
(b) To say that there is no explanation of what is missed during the years that pass.
(c) To say that the main characters in the play change.
(d) To say that the setting of the play changes to Bohemia.
5. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
(a) She doesn't know if Leontes wants to see his daughter.
(b) She is afraid no one says yes.
(c) She doesn't know if her daughter survives.
(d) She doesn't know who to ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hermione to give birth early?
2. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
3. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
4. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
5. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)