|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina say she does, if she is a man?
(a) Fight the king for the queen's honor.
(b) Fight the king because he is wrong.
(c) Fight the king until he acknowledges the truth.
(d) Fight the king until he is dead.
2. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living?
(a) That the people believe she is a traitor.
(b) That she is seperated from her children.
(c) That her husband doesn't believe her to be honorable.
(d) That her husband wants her dead.
3. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their prisoner.
(b) Their servant.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their enemy.
4. How does the king, at first, order Antigonus to kill the baby?
(a) By throwing it into the fire.
(b) By leaving it exposed to the elements.
(c) By starving it.
(d) By deserting it on a boat.
5. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
(a) Their wives.
(b) The most beautiful women.
(c) The right woman.
(d) The love of their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Act four, scene one serve?
2. Who refuses to allow Paulina to see Hermione?
3. What does Antigonus tell the king he does to save the life of the infant?
4. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
5. Who is the lady Paulina asks to see when she is not allowed to see the Queen?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)