|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Time say is the effect of Leontes' grieving?
(a) He shuts himself up.
(b) He goes mad.
(c) He becomes a priest.
(d) He dies.
2. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
(a) Their prisoner.
(b) Their enemy.
(c) Their servant.
(d) Their family.
3. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
4. According to the stage directions, who enters with Time?
(a) A messenger.
(b) No one.
(c) The Chorus.
5. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Time say the setting of the play is now?
2. Where is the guard during Paulina and the other lady's visit?
3. What role does Time have in Act four, scene one?
4. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes?
5. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)