|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Time say he is turning to make the time pass?
(a) His watch.
(b) His glass.
(c) His clock.
(d) His hand.
2. Why does Leontes believe he has to kill his wife?
(a) To end the discussion of his son's paternity.
(b) To ease the dishonor she causes.
(c) To eliminate a traitor.
(d) To move on.
3. Leontes asks Antigonus if he does not rule his own wife. What is Paulina's reply?
(a) That he does if she lets him.
(b) That he does if she is acting dishonorably.
(c) That she has free will, and no one rules her.
(d) That he does not.
4. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?
(a) A wife.
(b) A family.
(c) A son.
(d) An heir.
5. Whose son is mentioned in Time's speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Time say he is using to slide over the years between the end of Act three and the beginning of Act four?
2. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
3. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
4. Why does Hermione not want to ask a lady to show Leontes' daughter to him?
5. How does Paulina get past the lords to enter into the king's presence?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)