Act 1, Scene 1
* Camillo, a lord of Sicilia and Archidamus, a lord of Bohemia, are talking about having Camillo visit Bohemia.
* Camillo says that he thinks their respective kings conduct a visit to each other.
* The two kings are good friends since childhood, but do not see each other in some time because of their royal obligations.
* Camillo and Archidamus then express their mutual admiration of, and confidence in, the young prince of Sicilia, Mamillius.
Act 1, Scene 2
* King Leontes, Queen Hermione, and Prince Mamillius of Sicilia enter with King Polxenes of Bohemia.
* Polixeness says he stays in Sicilia for nine months, and is grateful for the hospitality, but that he must get back to Bohemia before something bad happens.
* Leontes asks him to stay longer, and Polixenes politely refuses.
* Hermione then says that Leontes assures Polixenes that everything is well in Bohemia, as they are notified of a day...
This section contains 3,876 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)