|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Atha'an Miere so difficult to teach?
(a) They do not understand the common tongue very well.
(b) They do things very differently on the sea.
(c) They have no respect for Aes Sedai.
(d) They believe they know everything.
2. In whose tent is Perrin when he wakes?
(a) His own.
(b) Alliandre's servant.
3. What is Birgitte doing when Rand and his group encounter her?
(a) Teaching sword fighting.
(b) Teaching archery.
(c) Killing an assassin.
(d) Interviewing potential bodyguards for Elayne.
4. What has the Shaido done to Faile before starting on the forced march?
(a) Beaten her.
(b) Branded her.
(c) Shaved her head.
(d) Stripped her naked.
5. What is the True Power?
(a) Power that is a combination of saidar and saidin.
(b) Power that is tied to the earth itself.
(c) Power that originates with the Great Lord.
(d) Power that can be used by anyone even if they cannot channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Galina ordered to do in Chapter 4?
2. How do the Seanchan intimidate resistors?
3. In Chapter 1, with whom has Perrin just visited?
4. Who is Tylin Quintara Mitsobar?
5. What does Rand do with two small statues?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bargain does Therava offer Faile, Alliandre, and Maighdin?
2. How does Faile react differently from the other women captives?
3. What do Min and Elayne discuss?
4. What transpires between Mat and Juilin as he is leaving the barracks at the palace?
5. What does Harine ask of Cadsuane and what is her response?
6. What outrages Nynaeve and how do Elayne, Aviendha and Min respond?
7. What does Therava decide to do about the prisoners and how is their status shown?
8. What is Faile's biggest concern while marching? Why?
9. What transpires when Mat arrives at the palace and meets up with Tylin, Suroth and others?
10. Why does Perrin get upset with the Wise Ones and what does he finally do?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)