|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perrin worry about when encountering the other army?
(a) He may be killed and unable able to rescue Faile.
(b) They may be delayed by a fight.
(c) The other Army will want to join with Perrin.
(d) They will lose soldiers in a needless battle.
2. Who is Therava?
(a) The wise woman who heals Faile.
(b) A Shaido woman.
(c) A gai'shain Aiel from another clan.
(d) One of Faile's bodyguards and a captive.
3. What is the season at the opening of "Winter's Heart"?
4. Why are the Atha'an Miere so difficult to teach?
(a) They have no respect for Aes Sedai.
(b) They do not understand the common tongue very well.
(c) They believe they know everything.
(d) They do things very differently on the sea.
5. How does Mat feel about the sexual relationship in which he finds himself?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is not in any sexual relationship at the moment.
(c) He feels happy.
(d) He feels like a toy.
6. What do people in camp believe of Perrin?
(a) That he should have protected Faile better.
(b) That he has become sexually involved with Berelain.
(c) That he is too obsessed with rescuing Faile.
(d) That he sold his own wife to the Aiel.
7. Who is leading Faile on the forced march?
(c) No one.
8. What is the price of healing?
(a) One can only be healed once, so one must make sure it is one's direst time of need.
(b) There is no price.
(c) It is very expensive and requires much gold.
(d) Exhaustion for the healed body.
9. About what does Elayne talk to Nynaeve?
(a) The training of novices.
(b) The healing of men tainted with saidin.
(c) What Rand is doing at the moment.
(d) Making gateways.
10. What is Mat hoping to do?
(a) Rescue Tylin Quintara Mitsobar.
(b) Go back to the Two Rivers.
(c) Escape Ebou Dar.
(d) Rescue Faile for Perrin.
11. Who expresses concern for Elayne's safety when they are riding through the streets of Caemlyn?
12. What is Galina ordered to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Perform a binding ceremony.
(b) Perform a truth ritual.
(c) Teach the new captives the rules.
(d) Heal the injuries of the newly captured.
13. What do the other female captives do that Faile does not?
(a) Try to ingratiate themselves to their captives.
(b) Fight their captives.
14. What is Faile most aware of on the forced march with the Shaido?
(a) The cold.
(b) The thousands of Aiel.
(c) The way the Aiel seem to blend into the shadows.
(d) How Perrin will feel when he finds her gone.
15. What is the True Power?
(a) Power that can be used by anyone even if they cannot channel.
(b) Power that is a combination of saidar and saidin.
(c) Power that originates with the Great Lord.
(d) Power that is tied to the earth itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what are two of Perrin's leaders doing?
2. What has the Shaido done to Faile before starting on the forced march?
3. What does Tylin order Mat to do?
4. What happens when it appears that Faile and the other women can go no more?
5. What does the scouting party discover about Faile and the others?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)