|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyndane tell the group about what Rand holds?
(a) She tells them Rand has the Choedan Kal.
(b) She says Rand is able to hold saidin indefinitely.
(c) She says Rand now keeps Callandor nearby at all times.
(d) She says Rand holds the key to the True Power.
2. What good news does Halwin give Elayne?
(a) That Faile has been rescued from the Aiel.
(b) That Rand is waiting for her in her sitting room.
(c) That a rich deposit of alum has been discovered in Andor.
(d) That her mother is actually alive.
3. What does Rand do with two small statues?
(a) Gives them into the care of Nynaeve.
(b) Smashes them as they are tainted.
(c) Gives them into the care of Elayne.
(d) Uses them to repair the palace.
4. About whom does Reene have suspicions?
(a) A man and woman who left the palace in a hurry.
(b) Birgitte and Dyelin.
(c) Dyelin and Mellar.
(d) Birgitte and Mellar
5. Whom does Perrin meet in the wolf dream?
(b) The Great Lord.
(c) His wife.
6. What is Min's response to Elayne?
(a) She doesn't lie but only says what Rand needs to know.
(b) Aviendha and Rand are two people of the same mold.
(c) There are two nobles who will betray Elayne.
(d) She lost the baby.
7. What is the True Power?
(a) Power that can be used by anyone even if they cannot channel.
(b) Power that is tied to the earth itself.
(c) Power that is a combination of saidar and saidin.
(d) Power that originates with the Great Lord.
8. What do the other female captives do that Faile does not?
(a) Fight their captives.
(c) Try to ingratiate themselves to their captives.
9. Why does Faile try to notice everything as they march?
(a) She is curious about the tribe who has kidnapped her.
(b) She is already planning her escape.
(c) She is too exhausted to notice anything.
(d) She wants to know where they are going.
10. Who introduces him/herself to Mat?
(b) Tylin Quintara Mitsobar.
(c) Noal Charin.
11. About what does Elayne talk to Nynaeve?
(a) Making gateways.
(b) The training of novices.
(c) The healing of men tainted with saidin.
(d) What Rand is doing at the moment.
12. In Chapter 4, how are the new captives dressed?
(a) They are forced to remain naked.
(b) All in white with gold belts and collars.
(c) They are dressed in their own clothing which was brought along.
(d) All in black.
13. In Chapter 1, what covers the ground quite deeply?
14. Who is Therava?
(a) A Shaido woman.
(b) One of Faile's bodyguards and a captive.
(c) A gai'shain Aiel from another clan.
(d) The wise woman who heals Faile.
15. What has the White Tower proclaimed?
(a) That all Aes Sedai must return to the White Tower.
(b) That Rand has been captured.
(c) That Rand is a false Dragon.
(d) That Rand is the true Dragon Reborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does her captor motivate Faile to keep moving?
2. What does Galina want stolen from Therava?
3. What is Birgitte doing when Rand and his group encounter her?
4. With whom is Tallanvor in love?
5. What does Perrin go back to Berelain's tent despite what some in the camp say?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)