|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lia notice has been covered by makeup?
(a) Cassie's acne scars and nose piercing.
(b) A strawberry birthmark.
(c) A scar from when Lia and Cassie were playing when they were five.
(d) The bruise Cassie got when she fell and hit her jaw.
2. What does Chloe do while looking at Lia?
(a) Smiling at her.
(b) Trying to decide about getting a court order to force feed Lia.
(c) Talk to Emma.
(d) Sizing her up to see if she's lost more weight.
3. What does Lia immediately do upon entering the room where the memorial is being held?
(a) Compares herself to the others.
(b) Tries to sit in the rear and be inconspicuous.
(c) Looks for someone she knows.
(d) Turns around and walks back out.
4. What does Elijah say about Cassie?
(a) Cassie was headed this way for several years.
(b) He loved her deeply.
(c) He tried to do CPR on her.
(d) Cassie is happy now.
5. What is placed on the stage in the musical that was being produced?
(a) A single rose.
(b) Cassie's favorite hat.
(c) Cassie's favorite stuffed animal.
(d) A poem by Cassie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lia have after eating a little fruit and nuts?
2. What does Emma say when she wakes Lia the morning after Cassie's death?
3. When do Lia and Cassie meet?
4. What does Lia do when Cassie's family moves into the neighborhood?
5. What does Lia say when she answers Cassie's calls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two detectives who question Lia ask and what does she tell them?
2. Where is Lia at the opening of the novel and what is the news Jennifer announces?
3. Why does Elijah escort Lia out of the funeral home and where do they go?
4. What does Lia feel as she thinks about Cassie's body in the morgue?
5. Why do Lia's parents insist she see the psychiatrist that day and how does Lia behave during the session?
6. Over what does Lia obsess after Jennifer and Emma leave the house?
7. What does Cassie say to Lia in the messages Cassie leaves on Lia's phone?
8. What are the ground rules in the support group of Cassie?
9. What news does Emma bring the next morning, and what is Lia's reaction?
10. Describe Lia's experience as she sees Cassie in the coffin.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)