|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Cassie been found?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) At the airport.
(c) In a strip bar.
(d) In a runaway shelter.
2. What excuse does Lia give school for why she is not going to be there?
(a) She has to talk to Cassie's parents.
(b) She has to see her shrink.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She has to talk to the police about Cassie.
3. What does Lia say that provokes a student to start screaming at Lia?
(a) That Cassie wanted to die.
(b) That Cassie deserved to die.
(c) That Lia may not go to Cassie's funeral.
(d) That Cassie isn't really dead.
4. What happened to Cassie?
(a) She was thrown out of her home.
(b) She is arrested for underage drinking.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She tried to board a plane without a ticket.
5. Who is Emma?
(a) Jennifer's best friend.
(b) Cassie's sister.
(c) Lia's stepsister.
(d) Lia's cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elijah ask Lia that makes her panic?
2. Why do Cassie's parents make her go to the psychiatrist?
3. What does Lia do with her dirty plate?
4. What does Elijah convince Lia to do?
5. What are the bubbles Cassie sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassie say to Lia in the messages Cassie leaves on Lia's phone?
2. What does Elijah tell Lia and why does she tell him her name is Emma?
3. What news does Emma bring the next morning, and what is Lia's reaction?
4. Where is Lia at the opening of the novel and what is the news Jennifer announces?
5. What does Lia have for breakfast and what is her hope will happen as a result?
6. Describe Lia's experience as she sees Cassie in the coffin.
7. Describe the scene that leads to Lia receiving detention.
8. Over what does Lia obsess after Jennifer and Emma leave the house?
9. How does Lia act at mealtime to make it appear that she's eating more than she is?
10. What does Chloe insist about Lia and what is Jennifer's proof otherwise?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)