|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lia get close to the grave opening?
(a) She stays away from the grave.
(b) To see if Cassie is really in there.
(c) To throw a dozen roses on Cassie's coffin.
(d) To make sure Cassie is being properly buried.
2. Why is Lia's weight goal a danger area for her?
(a) It will make her want to lose down to a weight that will kill her.
(b) It means she has not healed at all despite therapy.
(c) It will mean being sent to rehab if she is caught.
(d) It will be obvious to her mother that she is cheating.
3. Who picks Lia up at the hospital?
(d) Lia's father.
4. Why is Lia angry at her mother?
(a) That her mother is moving away.
(b) That her mother wants her institutionalized.
(c) That her mother is plotting for Lia to return to live with her.
(d) That her mother believes Lia is irresponsible.
5. Why is Lia proud of herself?
(a) She is helping Emma and not thinking of herself.
(b) She has been responsible and sold many baked goods.
(c) She is never proud of herself.
(d) She feels no desire to eat any of the baked goods.
6. What does Lia do despite her stomach pain?
(a) Takes another laxative.
(b) 500 crunches.
(c) 700 sit-ups.
(d) A five-mile jog.
7. Where does Cassie learn about binging and purging?
(a) A blog online.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Summer camp.
8. Why does Lia never follow through on her intention about talking to Elijah?
(a) She forgets.
(b) She does not have the courage.
(c) She thinks he will not like her.
(d) She decides he will never find out anyway.
9. What startles Lia back to reality at the graveside?
(a) Elijah taking her shoulder.
(b) A scream.
(c) A loud sound like a gunshot.
(d) Chloe calling her name.
10. What happens as Lia's mother eats her breakfast?
(a) Lia and Chloe argue.
(b) Lia and Chloe talk cordially.
(c) Lia pretends to be eating.
(d) Elijah calls Lia.
11. How does Lia feel about the moment with her mother at breakfast?
(a) Lia feels in control.
(b) Lia feels sad.
(c) Lia feels angry.
(d) Lia feels cornered.
12. Why would Chloe be more likely to catch Lia manipulating her weight numbers?
(a) Chloe would make Lia weigh naked.
(b) Chloe would stay near Lia all the time.
(c) Chloe would know the tricks as she had a similar problem when a teen.
(d) Chloe is a doctor.
13. What does Lia's father say she will not be allowed to do?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Be by herself at all.
(c) See Emma until Lia is better.
(d) Go to any school activities.
14. What does Jennifer say she will not let Lia do?
(a) Ever see Emma again.
(b) Be alone with Emma.
(c) Avoid responsibility for her actions.
(d) Ruin Emma's life.
15. Why doesn't Lia want to move back with her mother?
(a) She does not want to leave Emma.
(b) She thinks her mother hates her.
(c) She will have to go to a different school.
(d) She hates her mother's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Cassie done when she was eleven of which she was unhappy about?
2. How does Emma break her arm?
3. Why can't Lia sleep at night?
4. Where does Elijah say he is moving?
5. What does Jennifer ask Lia to do?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)