|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chloe want of Lia?
(a) For her to spend the night with Chloe.
(b) For Lia to go into a residential treatment program.
(c) For Lia to talk to Lia's grandmother.
(d) For Lia to go with Chloe to Cassie's funeral.
2. How does Emma break her arm?
(a) In a basketball game.
(b) Riding a scooter.
(c) Tripping down some stairs at school.
(d) In a soccer game.
3. What does Lia do instead of taking sleeping pills?
(a) Tries to hypnotize herself.
(b) Wraps herself in a cocoon with her blankets.
(c) Works out on an elliptical machine.
(d) Talks to Elijah on the phone for hours.
4. Where does Lia find her mother?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In her mother's bedroom.
5. Of what does Lia convince herself?
(a) That she can overcome her disease by herself.
(b) That she is healthier than she's ever been.
(c) That she is eating regularly.
(d) That her body hates her for being weak.
6. What does Lia watch her father do absentmindedly?
(a) Talk to Chloe about Lia moving there.
(b) Sooth Lia as she lies in bed.
(c) Eat two sandwiches.
(d) Eat a pint of ice cream.
7. Who has Chloe hired?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A caregiver.
(d) A nurse to watch Lia.
8. What does Lia have to do for Chloe to tell her about Cassie's death?
(a) Agree to go to a rehap place.
(b) Eat a plate of scrambled eggs and a muffin.
(c) Agree to see a psychiatrist every day for six months.
(d) Agree to move back in with her mother.
9. Why does Lia never follow through on her intention about talking to Elijah?
(a) She thinks he will not like her.
(b) She does not have the courage.
(c) She decides he will never find out anyway.
(d) She forgets.
10. What does Lia's father say she will not be allowed to do?
(a) See Emma until Lia is better.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Be by herself at all.
(d) Go to any school activities.
11. Why does Lia start sweating and her pulse races?
(a) She is afraid of turning Emma away from her.
(b) She has taken some uppers.
(c) She has drunk several cups of coffee.
(d) The laxatives have kicked in.
12. For what does Cassie's ghost say she is waiting?
(a) Lia to forgive Cassie.
(b) Lia to join her.
(c) Lia to get healthy.
(d) Lia to become wise.
13. Why does Lia get close to the grave opening?
(a) To throw a dozen roses on Cassie's coffin.
(b) To make sure Cassie is being properly buried.
(c) To see if Cassie is really in there.
(d) She stays away from the grave.
14. Where does Cassie learn about binging and purging?
(a) Summer camp.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) A blog online.
(d) Her cousin.
15. What holiday is looming near as Lia gets out of the hospital?
(b) Lia's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Lia back to reality at the graveside?
2. Why can't Lia sleep at night?
3. Why is Lia's mother allowed to hear updates from Lia's psychiatrist?
4. Why would Chloe be more likely to catch Lia manipulating her weight numbers?
5. Why does Lia try to hide at the funeral?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)