|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lia see when she looks in her mirror?
(a) A fat girl.
(b) Her body looking really well.
2. What is done in the yearbook for Cassie?
(b) A picture of her appears on the first page of the yearbook.
(c) A poem she wrote is included.
(d) A memorial page.
3. What does Cassie show Lia on the first day they meet?
(a) Her shell collection.
(b) Her autographed picture of a baseball player.
(c) Her sea-glass.
(d) Her butterfly collection.
4. What does Lia do when her father comes into her room later that evening?
(a) Tells him about Cassie.
(b) Says angry things to him.
(c) Cries in his arms.
(d) Pretends to be asleep.
5. What does Elijah ask Lia that makes her panic?
(a) Why Cassie couldn't tell Elijah how she felt.
(b) What Cassie wanted when Cassie called Lia.
(c) Her name.
(d) How many times Cassie called her the night she died.
6. What did Elijah realize about Lia in Cassie's wake room?
(a) Cassie was falling apart.
(b) Cassie and Lia were sisters.
(c) Cassie was the one who did not answer the phone.
(d) Cassie is full of regrets.
7. Why does Jennifer tell Lia about Cassie?
(a) To ask Lia to stop seeing Cassie.
(b) To ask Lia to go visit Cassie.
(c) So Lia would not first hear about Cassie at school.
(d) To give Lia a lecture.
8. What does Lia notice about what kids order at lunch?
(a) Most of the students hardly eat.
(b) Most of the food is raw foods.
(c) It is mostly salads.
(d) It is a lot of fatty foods.
9. Who is Emma?
(a) Jennifer's best friend.
(b) Lia's cat.
(c) Cassie's sister.
(d) Lia's stepsister.
10. What does Lia say yes to without thinking once she arrives where she is going?
(a) Seeing the room where Cassie died.
(b) That she received phone calls from Cassie.
(c) If she wants to get her own apartment.
(d) If she needs to go into rehab for a couple weeks.
11. What does Lia have after eating a little fruit and nuts?
(a) A cup of green tea.
(b) A homemade smoothie.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) Vitamins and anti-depressants.
12. Who do the teachers want to honor?
(a) The senior class.
(c) The honor students.
13. Why does Lia get detention?
(a) For throwing her yogurt at the girl who screams at her.
(b) For defacing the wall with graffiti.
(c) For cursing a teacher.
(d) For skipping school.
14. What is placed on the stage in the musical that was being produced?
(a) A single rose.
(b) Cassie's favorite stuffed animal.
(c) A poem by Cassie.
(d) Cassie's favorite hat.
15. How does Lia make it look like there is more food on her plate when she eats a meal?
(a) She cuts the portions up into tiny pieces.
(b) She spreads the food out into a pattern.
(c) She adds lots of sauce to the food.
(d) She smashes the food to cover the plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cassie say her cell phone is?
2. How does Cassie describe herself to Lia?
3. Where does Lia go during the school day for a while?
4. What does Lia microwave?
5. What team members show up for a memorial for Cassie?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)