|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lia thinking of when she imagines she smells dust, spiders, cloves and burnt sugar?
(a) The fight Cassie and she had several weeks earlier.
(b) Being accidentally locked in the janitor closet with Cassie in 8th grade.
(c) Cassie's body in the morgue.
(d) Cassie making some drug concoction.
2. Who invites Lia to sit with them at lunch?
(a) Cassie's younger brother.
(b) The glee club.
(c) Cassie's older brother.
(d) The drama club.
3. Who do the teachers want to honor?
(a) The honor students.
(d) The senior class.
4. To what are Lia and Cassie welcomed back after some time has passed in the fifth grade?
(a) The best seats at the little league games.
(b) The popular table in the cafeteria.
5. What does Lia do after everyone is asleep?
(a) Go to Cassie's bedroom window and look in.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Work out on the stair-stepper.
6. What does Lia do despite her parents advice not to do so?
(a) Visit the funeral home.
(b) Call Cassie's mother.
(c) Tell Cassie's parents Cassie called her.
(d) Write a poem for Cassie to read at the funeral.
7. Why does Lia hate herself when she gets home?
(a) For enjoying herself for a minute.
(b) For going to see Cassie's dead body.
(c) For not believing Cassie wanted to talk to her.
(d) For ignoring Cassie.
8. What does Elijah say about Cassie?
(a) He loved her deeply.
(b) Cassie was headed this way for several years.
(c) Cassie is happy now.
(d) He tried to do CPR on her.
9. Where does Lia go during the school day for a while?
(a) To a head shop.
(b) To the mall.
(c) To the nurse's station.
10. How does Cassie describe herself to Lia?
(b) Feeling upbeat.
(c) Sad and lost.
11. What did Elijah realize about Lia in Cassie's wake room?
(a) Cassie was falling apart.
(b) Cassie is full of regrets.
(c) Cassie was the one who did not answer the phone.
(d) Cassie and Lia were sisters.
12. What is done in the yearbook for Cassie?
(a) A poem she wrote is included.
(b) A memorial page.
(d) A picture of her appears on the first page of the yearbook.
13. What does Lia suggest about Cassie in order to divert attention away from her?
(a) They consult Cassie's parents.
(b) They see what has been done for other students who die during the school year.
(c) They ask Cassie's brother.
(d) They ask the funeral home.
14. Who is Emma?
(a) Lia's cat.
(b) Cassie's sister.
(c) Jennifer's best friend.
(d) Lia's stepsister.
15. What does Lia's note to Emma say?
(a) Thanks for the delicious breakfast cereal.
(b) She hopes Emma will stop trying to please Lia.
(c) She is sorry for ruining Emma's blouse.
(d) She is sorry for losing Emma's favorite CD.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lia ensure splatters all over the microwave?
2. What does Lia realize while Elijah is talking?
3. What does Lia do when her father comes into her room later that evening?
4. What does Lia notice has been covered by makeup?
5. What team members show up for a memorial for Cassie?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)