|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma say when she wakes Lia the morning after Cassie's death?
(a) Cassie's mother wants to speak to Lia.
(b) It's time for her weekly weigh-in.
(c) It's time for Emma's soccer practice.
(d) Cassie's brother is at the front door.
2. Who does Cassie ask to escort her to Cassie's funeral?
(b) Her stepmother.
3. What does Lia notice about what kids order at lunch?
(a) Most of the students hardly eat.
(b) It is mostly salads.
(c) It is a lot of fatty foods.
(d) Most of the food is raw foods.
4. What does Lia suggest about Cassie in order to divert attention away from her?
(a) They ask Cassie's brother.
(b) They see what has been done for other students who die during the school year.
(c) They ask the funeral home.
(d) They consult Cassie's parents.
5. What are the bubbles Cassie sees?
6. What does Lia read online after her visitor(s) leave(s)?
(a) A blog on gaining weight.
(b) Cassie's obituary.
(c) The whisperblog.
(d) A memorial to Cassie.
7. What does Jennifer try to get Lia to do before Jennifer leaves?
(a) Eat breakfast.
(b) Pray with her.
(c) Call Cassie's mother.
(d) Call Lia's father.
8. Where does Lia go during the school day for a while?
(b) To a head shop.
(c) To the mall.
(d) To the nurse's station.
9. Where is Cassie with Elijah?
(a) At the wake.
(b) In a diner sipping hot chocolate.
(c) At her house.
(d) At a park.
10. What does Lia do after everyone is asleep?
(a) Work out on the stair-stepper.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Go to Cassie's bedroom window and look in.
11. What does Lia feel like doing when she looks at Cassie in the coffin?
(a) Cassie won the thinnest girl contest.
(b) She should be there instead of Cassie.
(c) Look to see if they have unzipped Cassie's stomach.
(d) Cassie never was in her body.
12. What does Lia think she sees when she wakes the next morning?
(a) Cassie standing by her bed.
(b) Her skin turning iridescent.
(c) That her metabolism is slowing.
(d) Her eyes fading.
13. What does Elijah convince Lia to do?
(a) Drink all her hot chocolate and eat two fries.
(b) Not go to Cassie's funeral.
(d) Write Cassie a letter to let go of the past.
14. What did Elijah realize about Lia in Cassie's wake room?
(a) Cassie was the one who did not answer the phone.
(b) Cassie was falling apart.
(c) Cassie is full of regrets.
(d) Cassie and Lia were sisters.
15. What does Lia weigh when she goes into the hospital?
(a) 190 lbs.
(b) Normal weight for her height.
(c) 80 lbs.
(d) 93 lbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lia say that provokes a student to start screaming at Lia?
2. Why does Jennifer tell Lia about Cassie?
3. Who is Elijah?
4. Why is Lia excited when she gets on the scale later in her room?
5. What does Lia do in the kitchen when she gets up after Emma wakes her?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)