|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lia's note to Emma say?
(a) She is sorry for losing Emma's favorite CD.
(b) She is sorry for ruining Emma's blouse.
(c) She hopes Emma will stop trying to please Lia.
(d) Thanks for the delicious breakfast cereal.
2. What does Lia do in a movie theater?
(a) Cuts herself with a razor blade.
(d) Takes some pills.
3. What does Elijah say about Cassie?
(a) He loved her deeply.
(b) Cassie was headed this way for several years.
(c) He tried to do CPR on her.
(d) Cassie is happy now.
4. How does Jennifer feel about Cassie?
(a) She thinks Cassie is good-hearted though not wise.
(b) She loves Cassie dearly.
(c) She believes Cassie is a bad influence on Lia.
(d) She thinks Cassie's home life has made her rebellious.
5. What does Lia do when Cassie's family moves into the neighborhood?
(a) Helps Cassie unpack.
(b) Introduces Cassie to all Lia's pets.
(c) Watches Cassie with binoculars to see what kind of person she is.
(d) Ignores Cassie at first.
6. What does Cassie do when she lies on the floor?
(b) Gathers dust bunnies under her bed.
(d) Hugs her teddy bear.
7. What is Lia thinking of when she imagines she smells dust, spiders, cloves and burnt sugar?
(a) Cassie making some drug concoction.
(b) Cassie's body in the morgue.
(c) Being accidentally locked in the janitor closet with Cassie in 8th grade.
(d) The fight Cassie and she had several weeks earlier.
8. How many times does Cassie call Lia the night before?
9. What does Lia notice has been covered by makeup?
(a) A scar from when Lia and Cassie were playing when they were five.
(b) A strawberry birthmark.
(c) The bruise Cassie got when she fell and hit her jaw.
(d) Cassie's acne scars and nose piercing.
10. What is done in the yearbook for Cassie?
(a) A memorial page.
(b) A poem she wrote is included.
(d) A picture of her appears on the first page of the yearbook.
11. What does Lia say that provokes a student to start screaming at Lia?
(a) That Cassie isn't really dead.
(b) That Lia may not go to Cassie's funeral.
(c) That Cassie wanted to die.
(d) That Cassie deserved to die.
12. Who is Jennifer?
(a) Lia's stepmom.
(b) Lia's best friend.
(c) Lia's sister.
(d) Lia's aunt.
13. Why is Cassie ostracized in fifth grade?
(a) Her mother is a drinker.
(b) Her parents divorce.
(c) She develops breasts before everyone else.
(d) Her brother gets into trouble.
14. What does Lia feel like doing when she looks at Cassie in the coffin?
(a) Cassie won the thinnest girl contest.
(b) Cassie never was in her body.
(c) Look to see if they have unzipped Cassie's stomach.
(d) She should be there instead of Cassie.
15. What does Lia microwave?
(a) A frozen dinner.
(b) Green tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lia weigh when she goes into the hospital?
2. What is sewn in Lia's robe?
3. What does Cassie show Lia on the first day they meet?
4. What does Lia wish she could do?
5. Why is Lia excited when she gets on the scale later in her room?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)