Pages 1 - 29
• Lia's stepmother, Jennifer tells the family at breakfast that Lia's best friend has been found dead in a motel room.
• Jennifer says Lia's father will talk with her, but she had not wanted Lia to find out about Cassie at school.
• Jennifer tries to get Lia to eat breakfast but Lia counts the calories and secretly denies them.
• She an anti-depressant and hopes the pills will silence Cassie's voice in her head.
• Lia obsesses over the phone calls Cassie must have made to her while she was dying in the motel.
• She begs Lia to pick up the phone then tells her she misses her and loves her. Lia weeps on the way to school.
• Lia can barely stay awake and her emotions and lack of food threaten to topple her.
• She asks Emma if she can watch her soccer practice but Emma says she lied...
This section contains 2,314 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)