|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter gets a wild notion to take what to Detroit?
2. When leaving the dance with a girl, what does it take effort for Dexter to force himself to do?
3. Where has Dexter relocated to when Part 6 starts? .
4. By yielding to Judy, Dexter subjected himself to what?
5. How long did it take Dexter to ask Judy to marry him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the character's in Winter Dreams think only of themselves.
1. Why does Dexter not regret sleeping with Judy when he is engaged to Irene?
2. Why does Dexter not care what the town thinks of his behavior toward Irene?
3. Why does Judy keep coming back to Dexter, tells him she loves him, and then leaves him again?
Essay Topic 2
Dexter strives to lead a successful life. From the time he is a caddy to the time he is a successful businessman in New York. In that time, he wants things that glitter. Nice clothes, respect and Judy are also coveted by Dexter.
1. Do you think Dexter's being named Green is symbolic of his desire for riches? Why or why not.
2. In what ways does Judy glitter?
3. How does respect compare to the material possessions Dexter tries to attain?
Essay Topic 3
Many of Dexter's decisions in life revolve around Judy.
1. Describe the irony in Dexter and Judy's relationship.
2. Compare and contrast Dexter's feelings toward Judy from the beginning to the end of the story.
3. When does Dexter finally lose hope that he will ever be with Judy? Cite the specific event from the story.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)