|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Judy's body does Devlin comment on?
2. What did Dexter want to do that he couldn't at the end of Part 6?
3. What did Judy say she didn't want to do to Dexter?
4. According to the narrator, this story is not Dexter's what?
5. What does Judy say after she proclaims that she is "More beautiful than anybody else?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dexter strives to lead a successful life. From the time he is a caddy to the time he is a successful businessman in New York. In that time, he wants things that glitter. Nice clothes, respect and Judy are also coveted by Dexter.
1. Do you think Dexter's being named Green is symbolic of his desire for riches? Why or why not.
2. In what ways does Judy glitter?
3. How does respect compare to the material possessions Dexter tries to attain?
Essay Topic 2
Dexter has a vivid imagination.
1. What type of people does Dexter imagine Judy's lovers to be?
2. How does Dexter think he is superior to these men?
3. In what way does Dexter know he is inferior to them?
Essay Topic 3
Most of the character's in Winter Dreams think only of themselves.
1. Why does Dexter not regret sleeping with Judy when he is engaged to Irene?
2. Why does Dexter not care what the town thinks of his behavior toward Irene?
3. Why does Judy keep coming back to Dexter, tells him she loves him, and then leaves him again?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)