|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Devlin say Judy was when he first met her?
2. How is the silence between Dexter and Judy described in Part 4?
3. What does Judy say after she proclaims that she is "More beautiful than anybody else?"
4. When Dexter rests on his lounge after Devlin leaves his office, what does he see through the window?
5. What did Dexter intend to do with his laundries at the end of Part 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dexter Green is the main character of Winter Dreams.
1. How has Dexter changed from the young boy caddying in Part 1 to the successful businessman in Part 6?
2. In what ways has Dexter not changed at all?
3. How does Dexter's choice of college affect his changes?
Essay Topic 2
Judy starts the story as a "great beauty," but her beauty fades by the end.
1. Describe the irony of Judy's marriage.
2. Compare and contrast Judy's appearance at the beginning of the story with her personality at the beginning of the story.
3. Compare and contrast Judy's appearance at the end of the story with her personality at the end of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Judy changes from the beautiful, unfaithful woman she is early in the story to a rougher looking faithful mother by the end of the story.
1. Compare and contrast Judy from Part 1 to Part 6.
2. How does Judy think about love?
3. Does Judy get what she deserves? Why or why not?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)