|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Judy's response to Dexter asking her to marry him?
2. Judy Jones did all of the following to Dexter except?
3. Dexter gets a wild notion to take what to Detroit?
4. Where does Devlin say he has always assumed people like Dexter come from?
5. How long after meeting Judy did Dexter become engaged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dexter and Judy start their relationship with Judy telling Dexter she thinks she loves him. A week later she is running off with other men and stringing Dexter along.
1. How does Judy treat her men?
2. Why does Dexter stay with Judy? Why do the other men stay with her?
3. Compare Judy's treatment of men with how she is treated by her husband at the end of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Many of Dexter's decisions in life revolve around Judy.
1. Describe the irony in Dexter and Judy's relationship.
2. Compare and contrast Dexter's feelings toward Judy from the beginning to the end of the story.
3. When does Dexter finally lose hope that he will ever be with Judy? Cite the specific event from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Although characters in Winter Dreams rarely care for each others feelings, the characters do have feelings.
1. Describe Judy's feelings after she leaves a man.
2. Describe Judy's feelings after she finds out Dexter is engaged.
3. Describe Judy's feelings after Dexter sacrifices his engagement to Irene for her.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)