|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dexter think carelessness is for?
2. Where does the main character live?
3. Why does the main character work as a caddy?
4. Who made the suit Dexter wore to Judy's house?
5. What name does the nurse give for the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dexter welcome the war?
2. What is Dexter's financial state while he's working as a caddy?
3. How does Devlin describe Judy?
4. What does Dexter mean at the end of Part 6 when he says, "That thing will come back no more?"
5. At dinner in Part 3, what do Dexter and Judy discuss about Dexter's life?
6. What did Dexter actually do at the end of Part 5?
7. How does Dexter feel about Judy's parents not being able to join then for dinner in Part 3?
8. What are Dexter's feelings toward Judy at the end of Part 2?
9. What does Dexter do after Devlin leaves his office?
10. What does Dexter do when Devlin refers to Judy as "a pretty girl" and then by saying she's "all right?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character's of Winter Dreams have convoluted ideas of what the word Love means.
1. What does Dexter love and what is his love like for Judy?
2. What does Judy love and what is her love like for Dexter?
3. Does anyone in this story truly love one another? If so, who? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Heart invites Dexter to play a round of golf with him and his friends. This event causes many emotions to surface in Dexter.
1. Why does Dexter start the day feeling like an intruder, but end the day feeling superior to the men he golfs with?
2. What even happens on the golf course that likely changes Dexter's life? Why does this event change Dexter's life?
3. What are the varying opinions of Judy by the men on the golf course?
Essay Topic 3
Most of the character's in Winter Dreams think only of themselves.
1. Why does Dexter not regret sleeping with Judy when he is engaged to Irene?
2. Why does Dexter not care what the town thinks of his behavior toward Irene?
3. Why does Judy keep coming back to Dexter, tells him she loves him, and then leaves him again?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)