|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the best grocery store?
2. Who made the suit Dexter wore to Judy's house?
3. Who does Dexter envision in the summer room and on the sun-porch?
4. What had Dexter hoped Judy would wear at their first dinner?
5. What is the name of the Golf Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dexter want out of life?
2. How does seeing Judy at the dance in Part 4 make Dexter feel?
3. What is Judy's mood like at the dinner in Part 3?
4. What does Dexter want to do when learning of Judy's situation?
5. Why did Judy leave the man she was with earlier in the day before she and Dexter had dinner in Part 3?
6. What opinions of Judy Jones are expressed by Mr. Hedrick and Mr. Sandwood after she leaves the men's presence in Part 2?
7. Describe Dexter's impression of Judy's house in Part 3.
8. Why did Dexter not care about hurting Irene or Irene's parents?
9. Why doesn't Dexter caddy for the young girl in Part 1?
10. Why does Dexter not harbor any hard feelings toward Judy even though he is unable to maintain a relationship with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Heart invites Dexter to play a round of golf with him and his friends. This event causes many emotions to surface in Dexter.
1. Why does Dexter start the day feeling like an intruder, but end the day feeling superior to the men he golfs with?
2. What even happens on the golf course that likely changes Dexter's life? Why does this event change Dexter's life?
3. What are the varying opinions of Judy by the men on the golf course?
Essay Topic 2
When Dexter arrives at Judy's house for dinner, several things do not go as he imagined they would.
1. Compare and contrast Judy's attire with Dexter's.
2. Compare and contrast Dexter's idea of how dinner will go with how it actually goes.
3. Why does Dexter assume he is the cause when the dinner conversation is not going well?
Essay Topic 3
Judy changes from the beautiful, unfaithful woman she is early in the story to a rougher looking faithful mother by the end of the story.
1. Compare and contrast Judy from Part 1 to Part 6.
2. How does Judy think about love?
3. Does Judy get what she deserves? Why or why not?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)