|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Dexter to ask Judy to marry him?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
2. According to the narrator Judy wanted nothing more than what?
(a) To break Dexter's heart.
(b) To go to New York.
(c) To marry Dexter.
(d) To take Dexter away from Irene.
3. What does Devlin say Judy's husband treats her like?
(a) A princess.
(b) The devil.
(c) An angel.
(d) A queen.
4. Why is Dexter not revolted by Judy's behavior?
(a) He is beyond any revulsion.
(b) He still loves her.
(c) He doesn't care what she does.
(d) He has moved away so he doesn't know what she does.
5. In Part 5, what is Dexter's biggest problem?
(a) Irene is pregnant.
(b) He cannot have Judy.
(c) His business is losing money.
(d) His mother dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dexter feel when Judy mentions Irene?
2. To whom did Dexter become engaged?
3. In Part 5, Dexter is described as being what?
4. When leaving the dance with a girl, what does it take effort for Dexter to force himself to do?
5. How does Dexter feel after he realizes who says, "Hello, darling" in Part 4?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)