|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter says his career is largely a matter of what?
(c) Taking advantage of the weak.
2. When Dexter comes over for dinner, around what time does Judy finally come downstairs?
3. Who was hit in the abdomen with a golf ball?
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. T. A. Hedrick.
(d) Mr. Heart.
4. According to the narrator, what about the winter dreams varied?
(a) Impact and regularity.
(b) Length and consistency.
(c) Quality and the seasonability.
(d) Time of year and duration.
5. Mr. Hedrick says the girl always looks as if. . .
(a) She wants to be kissed.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is frowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judy communicate her excitement to Dexter at the end of Section 3?
2. How old was the little girl in Chapter 1?
3. Who had Dexter expected would announce dinner at Judy's house?
4. Who does the girl try to attack with a golf club?
5. For how long does the caddy tell the girl and her nurse that he has to stay at the club house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Devlin describe Judy's marriage?
2. Why does Devlin say Judy will not get a divorce?
3. How does the first "official" meeting between Dexter and Judy go?
4. How does Devlin know Judy (what is their relationship)?
5. What does Dexter dream of doing during his winter dreams in Part 1?
6. Why doesn't Dexter caddy for the young girl in Part 1?
7. Why does Dexter caddy?
8. What is Dexter's impression of the dinner at Judy's house in Part 3?
9. Why is Judy described as having "the most direct and unprincipled personality" with which Dexter had ever come in contact?
10. What does Dexter want to do when learning of Judy's situation?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)