|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Dexter buy?
(a) A boat company.
(b) An insurance company.
(c) The golf course.
(d) A partnership in a laundry.
2. How old was the little girl in Chapter 1?
3. What did the main character have to restrain himself from doing when the girl argued with her nurse?
4. What does Mr. Jones shout while drinking in Chapter 1?
(a) "Bartender, one more."
(b) "The best caddy I ever saw."
(c) "Who owns this club?"
(d) "What a bum."
5. Who does Dexter think carelessness is for?
(a) Mr. T. A. Hedrick.
(b) Mr. Hart.
(d) His Children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Black Bear is the place Dexter was born located?
2. How does the narrator describe the girl's looks?
3. What does Judy say she fully intended to do to some of the poor people she dated?
4. What does Judy ask if she may do after dinner?
5. How does Mr. Sandwood describe the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dexter not regret the night he spent with Judy after he was engaged to Irene?
2. What does Dexter mean at the end of Part 6 when he says, "That thing will come back no more?"
3. Why did Dexter welcome the war?
4. What did Dexter intend to do at the end of Part 5?
5. What reasons did Judy give for ending her relationship with Dexter in Part 5?
6. What did Dexter actually do at the end of Part 5?
7. Where do Dexter and Judy go together when they leave the dance in Part 4?
8. What are Dexter's feelings toward Judy at the end of Part 2?
9. Why did Judy leave the man she was with earlier in the day before she and Dexter had dinner in Part 3?
10. What is the financial state of most of the caddies at Sherry Island Golf Club?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)