|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to Devlin, what does Dexter realize he is doing, without knowing why?
(c) Talkng to Devlin.
(d) Losing consciousness.
2. When Dexter says, "That thing is gone," what is the thing?
(d) Winter dreams.
3. According to the narrator, this story is not Dexter's what?
4. What does Dexter say when Judy invites him into her house at the end of Part 4?
(a) "I'm engaged."
(b) "I have to go home."
(c) "I don't love you."
(d) "I'll come in."
5. In Part 5, what is Dexter's biggest problem?
(a) He cannot have Judy.
(b) His business is losing money.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) Irene is pregnant.
6. What does Judy propose to Dexter after telling him that she is awfully tired of everything?
(a) "I'm pregnant."
(b) "I need some time to think."
(c) "I never want to see you again."
(d) "I wish you'd marry me."
7. How did Dexter feel about the night he spent with Judy?
(a) He told everyone about it.
(b) He was embarrassed by it.
(c) He never thought about it.
(d) He did not regret it.
8. How did outside attitude on Dexter's situation with Irene feel to him?
9. Why did Dexter have a sense of solidity when he was around Irene?
(a) She was courageous.
(b) She was sturdily popular.
(c) She had a good heart.
(d) She was strong.
10. What did Judy say she didn't want to do to Dexter?
(a) Take him away from Irene.
(b) Go to New York.
(c) Break his heart.
(d) Marry him.
11. How old is Dexter when Part 6 starts?
12. Where has Dexter relocated to when Part 6 starts? .
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
13. How old is Dexter the first summer he spends time with Judy?
14. Which description does Dexter not think of for Irene?
(a) A voice calling to children.
(b) A hand moving among gleaming tea-cups.
(c) A curtain spread behind him.
(d) A fire on a cold evening.
15. Dexter looked back at the night spent will Judy from the perspective of how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator mentioned had befriended Dexter in Part 5?
2. How does Dexter feel when Judy mentions Irene?
3. In Part 6, how long has it been since Dexter has been to Black Bear?
4. What did Dexter actually do with his laundries at the end of Part 5?
5. How long did it take Dexter to ask Judy to marry him?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)