|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did outside attitude on Dexter's situation with Irene feel to him?
2. According to the narrator in Part 4, what does Judy make men conscious of?
(a) Their own shortcomings.
(b) Their own successes.
(c) Her physical loveliness.
(d) Her financial situation.
3. Why did Dexter have a sense of solidity when he was around Irene?
(a) She had a good heart.
(b) She was strong.
(c) She was sturdily popular.
(d) She was courageous.
4. Why does Devlin visit Dexter?
(b) They are old friends.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
5. In what month did Dexter move East?
6. Where did Dexter intend to move at the end of Part 5?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
7. Dexter gets a wild notion to take what to Detroit?
(a) A bus.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
8. Why is Dexter not revolted by Judy's behavior?
(a) He doesn't care what she does.
(b) He has moved away so he doesn't know what she does.
(c) He is beyond any revulsion.
(d) He still loves her.
9. What did Dexter actually do with his laundries at the end of Part 5?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Allow his partner to run them.
(c) Expand the chain to the East coast.
(d) Give them to Irene's family.
10. When Dexter is walking the streets at night in Part 4, what simile is made for the darkness?
(a) Dark as night.
(b) Damp as rain.
(c) Complete as a puzzle.
(d) Cold as ice.
11. What are the two things Dexter says he cannot do at the end of Part 6?
(a) Love and be loved.
(b) Love and forgive.
(c) Cry and care.
(d) Laugh and be happy.
12. Where is Devlin from?
(a) New York.
13. While talking to Devlin, what does Dexter realize he is doing, without knowing why?
(a) Talkng to Devlin.
(c) Losing consciousness.
14. Who was hurt by Dexter's relationship with Judy?
(a) Judy's parents.
(c) Dexter's parents.
15. How does Dexter feel after he realizes who says, "Hello, darling" in Part 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dexter want to do that he couldn't at the end of Part 6?
2. Where does Devlin say he has always assumed people like Dexter come from?
3. In Part 5, Dexter is described as being what?
4. For how long is it said that Dexter will continue to love Judy?
5. Which description does Dexter not think of for Irene?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)