|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two things Dexter says he cannot do at the end of Part 6?
(a) Laugh and be happy.
(b) Love and be loved.
(c) Love and forgive.
(d) Cry and care.
2. What does Judy propose to Dexter after telling him that she is awfully tired of everything?
(a) "I need some time to think."
(b) "I'm pregnant."
(c) "I never want to see you again."
(d) "I wish you'd marry me."
3. What is mentioned in Part 5 that Dexter did not bear toward Judy?
4. Judy Jones did all of the following to Dexter except?
(a) Insult him.
(b) Played his interest in her against his interest in his work.
(c) Criticize him.
(d) Ridden over him.
5. Where did Dexter go at the end of Part 5?
(b) The first officer's training-camp.
(c) New York.
6. In Part 6, how long has it been since Dexter has been to Black Bear?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Seven years.
7. According to the narrator, this story is not Dexter's what?
8. Who was hurt by Dexter's relationship with Judy?
(a) Judy's parents.
(c) Dexter's parents.
9. Why does Devlin visit Dexter?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are old friends.
10. How long after meeting Judy did Dexter become engaged?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) A year.
11. How did Dexter feel about the night he spent with Judy?
(a) He was embarrassed by it.
(b) He never thought about it.
(c) He did not regret it.
(d) He told everyone about it.
12. While on the couch after Devlin leaves the office, what does Dexter do for the first time in years?
(c) Forget about Judy.
13. Who does the narrator mentioned had befriended Dexter in Part 5?
(a) Irene's sister.
(b) Irene's parents.
(c) Mr. Maxwell.
(d) Mr. Jones.
14. Which description does Dexter not think of for Irene?
(a) A curtain spread behind him.
(b) A hand moving among gleaming tea-cups.
(c) A fire on a cold evening.
(d) A voice calling to children.
15. What did Dexter actually do with his laundries at the end of Part 5?
(a) Expand the chain to the East coast.
(b) Allow his partner to run them.
(c) Sell them.
(d) Give them to Irene's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Devlin say he has always assumed people like Dexter come from?
2. In what month did Dexter move East?
3. When Dexter goes to Irene's house, why does her mother say she has gone upstairs?
4. When asked if Judy runs around, what does Devlin say?
5. How did the war make Dexter feel?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)