|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Dexter relocated to when Part 6 starts? .
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. In what month was Dexter supposed to get married?
3. What did Dexter intend to do with his laundries at the end of Part 5?
(a) Give them to Irene's family.
(b) Allow his partner to run them.
(c) Sell them.
(d) Expand the chain to the East cost.
4. What does Judy say after she proclaims that she is "More beautiful than anybody else?"
(a) "Why don't you love me?"
(b) "When will you marry me?"
(c) "Why can't I be happy?"
(d) "What can you possibly see in Irene?"
5. What does Devlin say Judy was when he first met her?
(a) A lonely girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) A great beauty.
(d) A sweet girl.
6. When asked if Judy runs around, what does Devlin say?
(a) He doubts it, but she may.
(b) Yes, all the time.
(c) He doen't know.
(d) No, she stays at home.
7. How did outside attitude on Dexter's situation with Irene feel to him?
8. What does Dexter say when Judy invites him into her house at the end of Part 4?
(a) "I don't love you."
(b) "I'll come in."
(c) "I have to go home."
(d) "I'm engaged."
9. According to the narrator in Part 4, what does Judy make men conscious of?
(a) Their own successes.
(b) Her financial situation.
(c) Their own shortcomings.
(d) Her physical loveliness.
10. When Dexter sees Judy again after a long break, where had she been?
(c) New York.
11. What simile is used to describe how Dexter had put Judy behind him?
(a) As he would leave Minnesota behind.
(b) As he would peel away in his car.
(c) As he would have crossed a bad account from his books.
(d) As he would leave work unfinished.
12. Which description does Dexter not think of for Irene?
(a) A voice calling to children.
(b) A curtain spread behind him.
(c) A fire on a cold evening.
(d) A hand moving among gleaming tea-cups.
13. What does Dexter see Judy do in Part 4 that he has never seen her do before?
(b) Punch someone.
14. What changed Dexter's plans for his life at the end of Part 5?
(b) The economy.
15. How does Dexter feel when Judy mentions Irene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dexter unable to stamp on his mind?
2. According to the narrator, this story is not Dexter's what?
3. The deep pain Dexter feels is reserved only for the what?
4. Where is Devlin from?
5. At the end of Part 5, what did Dexter greet with relief?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)