|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, what does the narrator mention Dexter had tasted for a little while?
(a) Deep happiness.
(d) Apple pie.
2. What does Judy say after she proclaims that she is "More beautiful than anybody else?"
(a) "What can you possibly see in Irene?"
(b) "Why don't you love me?"
(c) "When will you marry me?"
(d) "Why can't I be happy?"
3. Why is Dexter not revolted by Judy's behavior?
(a) He still loves her.
(b) He doesn't care what she does.
(c) He has moved away so he doesn't know what she does.
(d) He is beyond any revulsion.
4. When Dexter sees Judy again after a long break, where had she been?
(c) New York.
5. What does Devlin say Judy's husband treats her like?
(a) The devil.
(b) An angel.
(c) A princess.
(d) A queen.
6. When Dexter goes to the dance in Part 4, who comes up behind him and says, "Hello, darling."
(a) Irene's mother.
(d) Judy's mother.
7. By yielding to Judy, Dexter subjected himself to what?
(a) Sleepless nights.
(b) Complete bliss.
(c) Painful memories.
(d) Deeper agony.
8. What was Dexter unable to stamp on his mind?
(a) Judy's phone number.
(b) Irene's grief.
(c) Irene's address.
(d) Many of his accounts at the laundry.
9. What does Judy say about Dexter's eyes?
(a) They are handsome.
(b) They are warm.
(c) They are caring.
(d) They are rememberable.
10. When asked if Judy runs around, what does Devlin say?
(a) He doen't know.
(b) Yes, all the time.
(c) No, she stays at home.
(d) He doubts it, but she may.
11. How long did Dexter's fling with Judy last?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One winter.
12. What is Judy's married name?
(a) Judy Simms.
(b) Judy Devlin.
(c) Judy Dexter.
(d) Judy Jones.
13. What does Dexter close his eyes and try to envision after Devlin leaves his office?
(a) Waters lapping Sherry Island.
(b) Skiing on the golf course.
(c) Boating with Judy.
(d) Marrying Judy.
14. What does Dexter say when Judy invites him into her house at the end of Part 4?
(a) "I have to go home."
(b) "I'll come in."
(c) "I'm engaged."
(d) "I don't love you."
15. What dose Dexter realize he does not possess in order to keep Judy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dexter have a sense of solidity when he was around Irene?
2. Where does Devlin say he has always assumed people like Dexter come from?
3. Who ended the relationship between Dexter and Judy?
4. Judy Jones did all of the following to Dexter except?
5. When Dexter goes to Irene's house, why does her mother say she has gone upstairs?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)