|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who approaches in the raft Dexter want to do?
(b) Drive a notor-boat.
2. How old was the little girl in Chapter 1?
3. How much money does Dexter say he has?
(a) Very little.
(b) Enough to retire.
(c) More than anyone his age.
(d) Enough to get by.
4. What does Judy ask if she may do after dinner?
(a) Play golf.
(d) Go boating.
5. When out on the boat, what does Judy invite Dexter to do the next day?
(a) Come over to dinner.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) Go for a boat ride.
(d) Go golfing.
6. Who does Dexter think carelessness is for?
(a) Mr. Hart.
(b) Mr. T. A. Hedrick.
(d) His Children.
7. Mr. Hedrick says the girl always looks as if. . .
(a) She is frowning.
(b) She wants to be kissed.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She has a headache.
8. What does Mr. Jones say the other caddies do?
(a) Give him the wrong clubs.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Give him bad luck.
(d) Loose one ball at each hole.
9. How does the narrator describe the girl's looks?
(a) She was arrestingly beautiful.
(b) She was ugly as sin.
(c) She was alright.
(d) She was attractive, but too skinny.
10. How did Judy's mood at dinner make Dexter feel?
11. What does the narrator say watching Judy was without?
(a) Lack of caring.
(d) Effort to the eye.
12. Dexter owned the largest string of his type of business in his section of the country by the time he was what age?
13. Where does the main character live?
(a) Grizzly Bear.
(b) Brown Bear.
(c) Polar Bear.
(d) Black Bear.
14. Who gave Dexter a guest card for the golf course?
(a) Mr. Heart.
(b) Mr. Sandwood.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. T. A. Hedrick.
15. How does Judy communicate her excitement to Dexter at the end of Section 3?
(a) By slapping him.
(b) By agreeing to marry him.
(c) By kissing him.
(d) By punching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the main character give for quitting?
2. How much money did Dexter borrow to start his business?
3. When Dexter played golf in a foursome, who was not one of the players?
4. What had the main character promised Mr. Jones he would do?
5. In what state does Chapter 1 take place?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)