|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When out on the boat, what does Judy invite Dexter to do the next day?
(a) Go for a boat ride.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) Go golfing.
(d) Come over to dinner.
2. What does the narrator say watching Judy was without?
(b) Lack of caring.
(d) Effort to the eye.
3. What troubled Dexter when he was in college?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Difficulty studying.
(d) Missing his family.
4. What does the person who approaches in the raft Dexter want to do?
(d) Drive a notor-boat.
5. How did Judy's mood at dinner make Dexter feel?
6. What type of men does Dexter think Judy is interested in?
(a) Sons of political figures.
(b) Anyone will do.
(c) The kind with graceful cloths and deep tans.
(d) Poor men.
7. What subject do Dexter and Judy not discuss during dinner?
(a) A near-by city.
(b) Dexter's university.
(c) Dexter's laundry business.
8. When Dexter played golf in a foursome, who was not one of the players?
(a) Mr. T. A. Hedrick.
(b) Mr. Heart.
(c) Mr. Sandwood.
(d) Mr. Jones.
9. According to the narrator, an enormous thing happened near the fifteenth green because of what?
(a) Dexter's winter dreams.
(b) Mr. T. A. Hedrick's bad luck.
(c) A ball Mr. Hart lost.
(d) A lack of concern by Dexter.
10. Which nationality did Dexter take special interest in learning about for his business?
11. What drowns out the music Dexter is hearing while on the raft?
(a) A boat.
(c) Fish jumping.
(d) Crashing waves.
12. According to Dexter, to be careless in dress and manner required more confidence than what?
(a) An ox.
(b) To go barefoot.
(c) To run for president.
(d) To be careful.
13. Dexter owned the largest string of his type of business in his section of the country by the time he was what age?
14. Who made the suit Dexter wore to Judy's house?
(a) The best tailors in America.
(b) The cheapest tailors in America.
(c) The best tailors in Europe.
(d) The best tailors in Egypt.
15. How much money did Dexter borrow to start his business?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the main character tell the girl the golf teacher is?
2. What does the girl who hit the golf ball say when her partner came over the hill? "I'd have gone on the green except that. . . "
3. When Dexter sold his business, where did he move?
4. What simile is used to describe how Dexter's heart turned over?
5. Who does Dexter envision in the summer room and on the sun-porch?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)