|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Jones shout while drinking in Chapter 1?
(a) "The best caddy I ever saw."
(b) "Bartender, one more."
(c) "What a bum."
(d) "Who owns this club?"
2. In what state does Chapter 1 take place?
(b) New York.
3. What does Judy say she fully intended to do to some of the poor people she dated?
(a) Have them arrested.
(b) Call them sometime.
(c) Break their hearts.
(d) Marry them.
4. What is the name of the Golf Club?
(a) Black Bear Golf Club.
(b) Whispering Meadows Golf Club.
(c) Sherry Island Golf Club.
(d) St. James Golf Club.
5. How much money did the main character earn caddying each month?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Thirty dollars.
6. What did the main character have to restrain himself from doing when the girl argued with her nurse?
7. Who does Judy say won't be joining her and Dexter for dinner?
(a) Father and Mother.
(b) The butler.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Mr. Hart.
8. What business did Dexter buy?
(a) The golf course.
(b) A partnership in a laundry.
(c) An insurance company.
(d) A boat company.
9. In what town was Dexter born?
(c) St. Paul.
10. Dexter says his career is largely a matter of what?
(a) Taking advantage of the weak.
11. Who does Dexter envision in the summer room and on the sun-porch?
(a) Judy's past lovers.
(b) Judy and Dexter's children.
(c) His college friends.
(d) Judy's parents.
12. A short while after getting into his business, Dexter had how many branches?
13. Where do Dexter and Judy go after their dinner?
(a) The sun-porch.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The dock.
(d) Judy's bedroom.
14. What is the name of the main character?
(a) Marvin White.
(b) David Brown.
(c) Dexter Green.
(d) Frank Black.
15. How much money did Dexter borrow to start his business?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) A million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Black Bear is the place Dexter was born located?
2. When the snow melts, where does the water run?
3. What simile is used to describe how Dexter's heart turned over?
4. What does Judy ask if she may do after dinner?
5. What reason does the main character give for quitting?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)