|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dexter not care about regarding his relationship with Judy?
(a) The town folk's attitude.
(b) Judy's attitude.
(c) Irene's attitude.
(d) Irene's parents attitude.
2. What simile is used to describe how Dexter had put Judy behind him?
(a) As he would have crossed a bad account from his books.
(b) As he would peel away in his car.
(c) As he would leave work unfinished.
(d) As he would leave Minnesota behind.
3. Dexter realizes that he has loved Judy since when?
(a) When she hit Mr. T. A. Hedrick with a golf ball.
(c) When they went boating.
(d) He was a boy.
4. When Dexter is walking the streets at night in Part 4, what simile is made for the darkness?
(a) Complete as a puzzle.
(b) Cold as ice.
(c) Damp as rain.
(d) Dark as night.
5. How much money did the main character earn caddying each month?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Thirty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dexter played golf in a foursome, who was not one of the players?
2. When the snow melts, where does the water run?
3. Where do Dexter and Judy go after their dinner?
4. How does the narrator describe Judy's confidence in Part 4?
5. What drowns out the music Dexter is hearing while on the raft?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)