|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the main character give for quitting?
(a) "I need more money."
(b) "I work too hard."
(c) "I'm too old."
(d) "I'm going to college."
2. Why does the main character work as a caddy?
(a) To earn pocket money.
(b) To meet people.
(c) He's too young to work elsewhere.
(d) He loves golf.
3. What does Judy ask if she may do after dinner?
(a) Go boating.
(c) Play golf.
4. How is Judy's voice described?
5. How does the main character give himself away while watching the girl interact with her nurse?
(a) He starts shouting.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He kicks a rock.
(d) He trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Jones describe the main character in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Dexter think carelessness is for?
3. According to the narrator, what about the winter dreams varied?
4. Within a year of getting into the laundry business, Dexter was catering to the trade that wore what?
5. Which nationality did Dexter take special interest in learning about for his business?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)