|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Dexter while he's on the raft?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Judy Jones.
(c) Dexter's mother.
(d) Mr. Sandwood.
2. What did Dexter's winter dreams cause him to pass up?
(a) Business courses at the state university.
(b) A chance to travel abroad.
(c) Attending a prestigious university.
(d) A chance to buy the golf course.
3. What reason does the main character give for quitting?
(a) "I'm going to college."
(b) "I'm too old."
(c) "I need more money."
(d) "I work too hard."
4. How much money did Dexter borrow to start his business?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
5. For how long does the caddy tell the girl and her nurse that he has to stay at the club house?
(a) Until his shift ends.
(b) All night.
(c) The rest of the day.
(d) Until the caddy-master gets there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the main character have to restrain himself from doing when the girl argued with her nurse?
2. Who was hit in the abdomen with a golf ball?
3. What is the name of the main character?
4. What did the main character do when told to caddy for the girl?
5. For the second time, what of Judy's gave new direction to Dexter's life?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)