|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the girl try to attack with a golf club?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her nurse.
(d) The golf teacher.
2. Why does the main character work as a caddy?
(a) To meet people.
(b) He's too young to work elsewhere.
(c) He loves golf.
(d) To earn pocket money.
3. What does the girl who hit the golf ball say when her partner came over the hill? "I'd have gone on the green except that. . . "
(a) "I caught the sand trap."
(b) "I landed in the water."
(c) "I hit something."
(d) "I hit someone."
4. What caused the fight between the girl and her nurse to be resolved?
(a) The caddymaster appeared.
(b) The police were called.
(c) The nurse got injured.
(d) The golf teacher appeared.
5. What simile is used to describe how Dexter's heart turned over?
(a) Like a spinning golf ball.
(b) Like the reel of a fishing pole.
(c) Like a top.
(d) Like the fly-wheel of the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dexter played golf in a foursome, who was not one of the players?
2. Which nationality did Dexter take special interest in learning about for his business?
3. In what state does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Who approaches Dexter while he's on the raft?
5. Dexter owned the largest string of his type of business in his section of the country by the time he was what age?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)