|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within a year of getting into the laundry business, Dexter was catering to the trade that wore what?
(b) Gold watches.
(c) Diamond Earrings.
(d) Gold rings.
2. When out on the boat, what does Judy invite Dexter to do the next day?
(a) Go for a boat ride.
(b) Come over to dinner.
(c) Go golfing.
(d) Go skiing.
3. When the snow melts, where does the water run?
(a) The tee-box on the ninth hole.
(b) Lake Michigan.
(c) Black Bear Lake.
(d) The Mississippi River.
4. Why does the main character work as a caddy?
(a) To meet people.
(b) To earn pocket money.
(c) He's too young to work elsewhere.
(d) He loves golf.
5. What is the name of the main character?
(a) David Brown.
(b) Marvin White.
(c) Dexter Green.
(d) Frank Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of badge did the main character hand in?
2. What did Dexter's winter dreams cause him to pass up?
3. How much money did Dexter borrow to start his business?
4. Who does the person who approaches Dexter while in the raft say is waiting at the house?
5. Dexter owned the largest string of his type of business in his section of the country by the time he was what age?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)