|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the main character tell the girl the golf teacher is?
(a) He's giving a lesson.
(b) He's home sick.
(c) He quit.
(d) He's at the store.
2. What simile is made to describe the wind?
(a) Strong as a bear.
(b) Loud as a lion.
(c) Cold as misery.
(d) Ruthless as a viking.
3. When the snow melts, where does the water run?
(a) The tee-box on the ninth hole.
(b) Lake Michigan.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) Black Bear Lake.
4. When Dexter played golf in a foursome, who was not one of the players?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Heart.
(c) Mr. Sandwood.
(d) Mr. T. A. Hedrick.
5. What does the girl who hit the golf ball say when her partner came over the hill? "I'd have gone on the green except that. . . "
(a) "I hit someone."
(b) "I landed in the water."
(c) "I caught the sand trap."
(d) "I hit something."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the main character do when told to caddy for the girl?
2. For how long does the caddy tell the girl and her nurse that he has to stay at the club house?
3. What name does the nurse give for the girl?
4. What does the main character dream of doing at the golf course in the winter?
5. A short while after getting into his business, Dexter had how many branches?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)